Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I like Alan Anderson.

Only when he's playing the role he should be playing, and that is the 3-&-D guy. He's a really good defender, good outside shooter, and will give you stretches where he can create his own shot. He's not a sixth man in my opinion...
    This is why I voted no, and the first bold why I could vote yes if he were actually utilized as he should be. I don't think that'll ever happen in TO though with Casey here. AA is a 5th/6th wing in terms of talent, and even if he is used as a 3rd/4th wing in the regular rotation, it should be as the guy who barely touches the ball except to hit open 3s.

Also, AA's D is quite overrated. He gets up into people when guarding them one on one, but he's not long enough to really bother SFs (really, Fields and Gay are much better options as defenders there), and not fast enough to guard SGs. He's smart, sure, but so's Aaron Gray...it doesn't mean he can overcome his deficiencies (I know relatively speaking he's not as deficient as Gray).
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Mar 10, 2013, 01:52 PM.

Comment

He needs to be sent to the d-leauge where he can showcase his kobe like tendencies ...0.o Casey should be sent down there with him for allowing AA to do that kind of foolishness. the look on DD face after that bank shot tells you how much casey allows this to happen too often.......Casey is god awful with his man crush on AA and JL3. .......side note does casey have a 3rd yr option?

Comment

I think he does solid job some nights, just hoping he can be included with Bargs for something we need, AA is a very inspiring guy and I hope he stays in the NBA he deserves it dont take away from the fact he can ball.

Comment

Anderson is a scrub! he should be handing out towels & gatorade

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
            thats going to far hes not Arrujo lol

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
              I don't know. I don't htink he can do that as well as Jose. He'll probably end up hoarding all the gatorade.

Comment

This is a silly question. AA is a success story, a journeyman who found a niche in the NBA after one failed attempt and stints overseas. If you aren't a fan of that you're a fool. If you can put the ball in the hoop at the highest level (even with a low shooting percentage) you are doing something right and get my respect.

There's no question AA has talent. He has a decent first step, can pass off the dribble, back down smaller defenders (see Jodie, Meeks) and is a confident, if streaker, shooter. He has a pretty polished offensive game and isn't a liability defensively, though he is not a great rebounder for his position. He's also a high effort player.

But he is not starting-calibre talent nor should he be getting big and/or 4th quarter minutes.

The fact that he's seeing starter's minutes says a lot about the failure of the organization to assemble a good team. We picked him off the heap, just like we've picked so many other players up on 15-day trials since BC got here. The fact that he's one of the few Raptors in the BC era who can create his own shot is astonishing and sad.

So am I a fan of his game? Yes. Do I think he's a starter? No. Do I evaluate and have expectations of him like I would a high draft pick? No.

He's an overseas journeyman and he has greatly exceeded expectations. He's still a nobody, but he's the most talented nobody we've ever had.

Comment

Alan Anderson is a bench player and is getting paid dirt cheap. He is our best player some nights, he guards the opposing teams best perimeter player usually, and he never complains. WHY Are people complaining?? I think raptor fans need to start re-directing their misguided hate towards Alan Anderson and direct it towards Dwayne Casey who decides to keep him in as long as he does. If anything, we are absolutely lucky to have him for such a dirt cheap price.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                    thats going to far hes not Arrujo lol
                    hoffa's doing oil changes at jiffy lube in rio, brazil! LOL

Comment

With Gay being our primary SF, I say trade Alan Anderson for a lock down defender

Comment

I think Colangelo should take the ball out of Casey's hands on this one and waive Anderson.

Alan Anderson will likely not be back with the team next year, yet he continues to get playing time at the expense of players we could be developing - ie Ross and Fields. Fields really is a work in progress, who does so many of the little things well and plays such good defense that we should be giving him opportunities to find his shot again. If he does, great first wing off the bench.

To answer the original question, while I have the utmost respect for the work Anderson has put into getting to the NBA after playing in numerous other spots, he's a chucker. So is Rudy, though, I guess (although I think he can be cured).

Comment

I have never loved to hate a player so much haha. Or love and hate at the same time, I guess you could say. I love his first step and how he gets into the lane--what he does when he gets there makes me cringe, whether the team scores on the possession or not.

His shot makes me cringe also--even though he hits a fair share of them. He also takes some terrible shots. He gets results, but nothing is pretty. He earns everything. He also, I think, has been responsible for shooting the Raps out of a few games this year. But he also has shot the Raps back into games. Maybe I love him because he takes minutes away from Landry Fields. Maybe I hate him because he takes minutes away from T Ross.

I can't put my finger on why I love and hate him at the same time -- that's probably the reason actually haha
                          Last edited by IROR; Sun Mar 10, 2013, 02:54 PM.

Comment

All the burn AA gets ahead of Fields and TRoss is Casey telling BC what he thinks of his 1st round selection and the acquisition of the $8,000,000. a year glue guy.

Comment

Is this a rhetorical forum?
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

He's garbage. Get 'em outta town.
                                "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                                - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Working...
                                X