No announcement yet.

Are You A Fan of Alan Andersons game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said yes. He's a good defender and a decent three point shooter. He tries to do too much a lot but given the fact that the coach seems to keep giving him playing time in clutch situations, it seems like that kind of play is being encouraged. If you took a steady hand with him and got him to look for his team mates more often and take smarter shots, he's actually got some moves and could be a good bench scorer. His rebounding numbers suck though, which is a big negative given how bad of a rebounding team we are. If you look at his per 36 scoring numbers, it's surprising how close him and gay are in % and pp36.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

He looks for his, whether we need the energy off the bench or we are trying to maintain the lead. Part of me feels like he is trying to validate his place in the NBA

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
        I said yes. He's a good defender and a decent three point shooter. He tries to do too much a lot but given the fact that the coach seems to keep giving him playing time in clutch situations, it seems like that kind of play is being encouraged. If you took a steady hand with him and got him to look for his team mates more often and take smarter shots, he's actually got some moves and could be a good bench scorer. His rebounding numbers suck though, which is a big negative given how bad of a rebounding team we are. If you look at his per 36 scoring numbers, it's surprising how close him and gay are in % and pp36.
        He definitely has talent that needs to be worked on, when focused he can be a real good clutch player that comes out big in needed situations.

Comment

I'm fine with Anderson, he's a skilled but not overly athletic guy who's best served playing a few minutes a game and NOT being depended on to carry the team offensively, especially late it games. But that's not really his fault.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'll say it before and I'll say it again

You take the leash off of a guy like Nick Young, kemba walker, michael beasley, (i.e. guys who are streaky volume shooters), they can all get you 16-20 ppg.
            But there's a reason why teams don't allow them to jack up whatever shot they want....because even if they are hitting...the team still doesn't win!

Any game in which Anderson is productive does not show his success, but rather the fact that our offensive strategy and execution is so poor, that the team is differing to the one guy on the team that doesn't mind missing the shot because he has nothing to lose.

Comment

Vaishmumu wrote: View Post
              With Gay being our primary SF, I say trade Alan Anderson for a lock down defender
              O great another Dom McGuire? AWESOME IDEA! How about we just have Fields come in off the bench after him hes good playing Point forward and providing pretty solid D.

Comment

i don't hate AA... but i dont see what the big deal is with him...

i dont understand him being on the floor during crunch time...

he's like a weird Anthony Parker / Jamario Moon hybrid player... He's decent at everything, not particulary great at any one thing (ap).... and when the pressure is on, he chucks (moon)

Comment

I like a player who is confident in his game. I don't like a player who has a false sense of his ability and rank in the team, particularly in crunch time of close games. Hence I not only don't like his game, I HATE seeing his stupid face on the court.
                  Deadallus

Comment

Alan Anderson reminds me of Jarrett Jack. A half decent player, extremely, and I mean extremely undervalued in NBA standards. He plays like a horses ass because the rest of the team has weaknesses that he can fill, and as a result, he increases his value as an NBA player.

The reality is that Alan Anderson won't be playing for the Raptors next year. He's going to get signed as a free agent on another team for a lot more money than we can offer because BC destroyed our salary.

Next thing you know it's going to be Alan Anderson coming off the bench of whichever *** team and he'll score a 20 pt. night against us, reminding us of how good he was and why we couldn't offer him more money.

Comment

Anderson should have been traded at the deadline as an expiring contract for a 2nd round pick (or more, if any teams were crazy enough). He's a D-league chucker in his 30's, who should be well behind Gay, DeRozan, Ross and Fields on the wing depth chart.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        Anderson should have been traded at the deadline as an expiring contract for a 2nd round pick (or more, if any teams were crazy enough). He's a D-league chucker in his 30's, who should be well behind Gay, DeRozan, Ross and Fields on the wing depth chart.
                        +1

we could have "sold high" on him to a contender

Comment

Lol at the redundancy of a +1, with the new like feature available :P
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            Lol at the redundancy of a +1, with the new like feature available :P
                            LOL +1

......O wait..

Comment

Deadallus wrote: View Post
                              I like a player who is confident in his game. I don't like a player who has a false sense of his ability and rank in the team, particularly in crunch time of close games. Hence I not only don't like his game, I HATE seeing his stupid face on the court.
                              i think you basically described rudy gay.

Comment

Working...
                              X