22 30.99%

28 39.44%

11 15.49%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How big a fan are you?

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How big a fan are you?

Recently I read a comment on the forums here stating that most posters on this website are considered the die-hard of the die-hard fans. Take some time for personal reflection, and on a scale of 1-10 how big a fan are you?

1 = Toronto-native, claims to be a fan, doesn't know who Jonas Valancuinas is..

5 = Follows most games through highlights and final scores

10 = Watches every single game. Knows every player on the Raptors roster (and their stats, to the decimal point), can name the 14th and 15th roster spots from the past 5 years. Raptors history can be recant from the top of your head during regular conversation.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

9, probably. I don't catch every game tho that has more to do with family obligations than anything.

I'm completely jaded with all the jackasses running the team, though.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

9 but since we got Gay I started losing interest in the team. I can't fucking stand Gay forcing up 20+ shots a game when he's cold as fuck and taking all the important shots when he's cold and missed the 5 shots before that. I also can't stand the new offence which is pretty much Gay/Demar/Lowry ISOs 90% of the game.

Raptors Republic Rookie DeRozanJohnsonFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Would say 7, I respect the talent on the roster, a few twitches here and there and they could become an formidable team future wise.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I said 8. I watch almost every game and know quite a bit about our roster. My downpoint is just the history of this team, I've been closely following for the team only for about 2-3 years since...I'm 16. lol
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

9. Know everything now, but only thing I don't know or can speak for is the history of the franchise. I'm only 17, so never really started following till I was able to understand things fully. Maybe around 2007 I was following HARD.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a 7. Constantly reading up on stats and such. I stopped watching the raptors for a looong time though (basically stopped after the whole VC debacle) and didn't start watching again until the last season when a friend sporadically got me back into it.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    9. Know everything now, but only thing I don't know or can speak for is the history of the franchise. I'm only 17, so never really started following till I was able to understand things fully. Maybe around 2007 I was following HARD.
    Exactly me.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

my fandom goes to 11

Raptors Republic Rookie Fanchie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard to put me in a box. I live in Europe, so watching game is quite challenging cause they start at 1AM, but I still do it at least once a week. I've been a fan since Day 1, like literally Day 1 so history is not an issue.

But above all, what makes me a fan is the fact that I have been mocked and laughed at for most of the past decade and I never even considered stopping cheering for the Raps. Even if I met a wizard who'd be able to tell me all about the next 30 seasons and I knew that the Raps would be piling up losing seasons, I'd rather spend a whole life cheering for this band of losers than pick another team.

11. Like mike, prague liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a seven. I've lived in Africa since January 2012, so it's hard to watch games, due to broadcast time and internet that can't stream. I've recently started downloading some games after the fact.

There have been seasons where I could have been considered a 9 or 10, but I also stopped following the raptors the season before the Vince debacle (because of Vince) for a few seasons. I'm not great with the first few seasons because I was in primary school when the raps launched, and didn't have a proper sports channel in my home.

BUT I've also been a bit of a dormant fan because of the rebuilding process. I've always been stoked about JV and will start watching every game next season, when the teams should be selling WINS and not HOPE.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

8, fan for few years, probably because of VC footprint and JV and the fact that it's Canadian team, which is considered underdogs. Enjoy cheering for underdogs, to some extent of course (Casey screwing 4th q, AA 1 mill $ Mamba 2.0, or our 2nd unit during 2nd quarter). My timezone is one of the roughest up here I suppose , so usually games take place at 2 AM, but I still manage to watch 1 out of 3 of those. Know pretty much everything about current roster, but I cannot say that I'm crying in the corner after every loss, actually, when I enter RR I access it with thought that we lost, so after I see the loss I don't get sad, what makes me not a 10 fan.
    #FREE

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Fan of this team (current roster) or fan of the franchise (how badly you want to see this franchise succeed)?

Team: 7
    Franchise: 10
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

I miss way more games now because of life (wife, house, job, responsibilities) than I would like. When I was 17, I never missed a game but that was back in the VC-T-Mac days.
    F*ck Brooklyn

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i'll say 7.... i go to, and watch, as many games as possible... but will miss a game on purpose if there is boobies and/or beers involved..... although i have on several occassions, took a pause mid-lapdance to check the boxscores...

i'm a man before a raps fan.

i have also missed games to take my dog to the dog park... he's kind of a dick when he wants to go outside

17. Like isaacthompson liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably an 8. I started following in 2007, I used to be a diehard Lakers fan (I cried my eyes becasue they lost in the playoffs in 97-98) but when they traded Shaq and picked up arch nemesis Karl Malone I couldn't watch anymore. I'm a big fan of Malone's game, but at the time he was the enemy...fucking Jazz. Anyway, I took a year or two away from basketball then got back in when I happened to turn on a Raptors game in 2006 and found out that we had magically gotten the first overall pick and were on route to winning our division. I got hooked on the Canadian thing and have followed fanatically ever since.

I have two things that lower my fandom though:

1. I don't live in Toronto and have only ever seen one game in person.
    2. I completely missed the whole Vince Carter era.

On a watching and current knowledge basis though, 9 or 10.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me, or does this feel like your self evaluation you gotta do at work? Haha

I gave myself a Grade of 9/10. Been a fan since literally Day-1, and have never looked back. There were years when my social life suffered due to Raptors games on Fridays and Saturdays.. but totally worth it. Haha Now I'll miss a game here and there if the girlfriend wants to watch Bachelor or something, but PVR it and stay up til 1230 watching.

I think anyone who joins a Raptors Forum deserves a couple points on the scale just for wanting to participate in this never ending discussion.

Oh, and tuning in at 2am from Overseas? That gets an instant 9 or 10 in my books. Haha
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say I'm a 9. I miss the odd game here and there, but I did stick it through all the ugly years, and I can easily remember the likes of Carlos Rogers, Lamond Murray, Yogi Stewart, and Oliver Miller. The Raptors have been the team I pay the most attention to (in any sport) since inception.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow...I'm the only dick arrogant enough to give myself a 10?

Seriously though, going with Joey Hesketh's last line....I'm currently living 5-6 hours ahead of Toronto time (in the Netherlands)...I'm not sure I've missed a game all season, including even last week's "playing for nothing" west coast trip. Nothing like staying up for a 4:30 am tip off against the Lakers. Normally I might have to give myself a 9, but giving myself extra point for...devotion? insanity? for something, anyway...

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I gave myself a two
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Thread Information