View Poll Results: How big a fan are you? 1-10

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1

    0 0%
  • 2

    1 1.41%
  • 3

    0 0%
  • 4

    1 1.41%
  • 5

    1 1.41%
  • 6

    0 0%
  • 7

    7 9.86%
  • 8

    22 30.99%
  • 9

    28 39.44%
  • 10

    11 15.49%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 94

Thread: How big a fan are you?

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,769
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Thornbury wrote: View Post
    Using the same logic as the others who pegged themselves as a 9. That accurately sums up my love of the franchise/team. Wish I had the time to be a 10.
    In a way, the time gap for me is a blessing of sorts. For east coast games, it's not so bad because they start at 1 am (midnight for the next couple of weeks). So if I have plans, it doesn't ever have to be an issue. I basically watch the games before going to sleep, and if they're really bad, I might pass out with the stream still open. I'm also just working on my thesis now, so I can set my schedule however the fuck I want. Still though, really really happy they don't go back West.

  2. Like mike, prague liked this post
  3. #42
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I gave my self a 10. I am a fun since day one. Im from Argentina and since 1995 every game night y follow the games, first with the gamecast media, reading the lines and now with the international broadcast. I insult, cry and scream with players like John Thomas, Popeye Jones, Tabak, Camby, Staudomire, Carter, tmac, bosh and others.

    Lately we, the raptors fans, have to learn and live with a team how blurt out a lots a winnable games. Right know we have a team with no leader.

    but nonetheless, here I am, every night encouraging my team, no one in this country understands my passion. until I have a Raptors tattoo!!!

  4. Like enlightenment liked this post
  5. #43
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,769
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jmramos007 wrote: View Post
    I gave my self a 10. I am a fun since day one. Im from Argentina and since 1995 every game night y follow the games, first with the gamecast media, reading the lines and now with the international broadcast. I insult, cry and scream with players like John Thomas, Popeye Jones, Tabak, Camby, Staudomire, Carter, tmac, bosh and others.

    Lately we, the raptors fans, have to learn and live with a team how blurt out a lots a winnable games. Right know we have a team with no leader.

    but nonetheless, here I am, every night encouraging my team, no one in this country understands my passion. until I have a Raptors tattoo!!!
    This is probalby just pure coincidence, but used to see this dude a lot downtown, especially at Paramount theatres, where I must've seen him 3 or 4 times.

    Have you ever had the opportunity/ do you ever plan to visit TO and take in a game?
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Mar 11th, 2013 at 03:58 PM.

  6. #44
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    your 11,652 posts in a raptors message board automatically give you a 5. then your previous experience as a mod on the board, bumps you up another 2. your unwavering love of bargnani, bumps you up another 1. then add your previously stated 2.

    you're a 10
    bwahahahahaha CLASSIC!!!!

  7. #45
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    This is probalby just pure coincidence, but used to see this dude a lot downtown, especially at Paramount theatres, where I must've seen him 3 or 4 times.

    Have you ever had the opportunity/ do you ever plan to visit TO and take in a game?
    Pfft, that's nothing. One time I went to the cineplex at Eglinton with my buds and Maceo Baston came and took a piss right beside my urinal.

  8. Like mike, prague liked this post
  9. #46
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,769
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    Pfft, that's nothing. One time I went to the cineplex at Eglinton with my buds and Maceo Baston came and took a piss right beside my urinal.
    Feel like the end of benchers really get their faces...and other parts...out there more. Of course, I haven't lived in the city as much during the last 7 years

  10. #47
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm about a 4; can't believe I'm a Raptors fan for about 10 years now, I think I was here sometime before fellow countryman Remon van de Hare got drafted by the Raptors (don't think are a lot who still know that btw). Because of the time difference I don't watch all games. If they're any good I'll watch em the next day, but with our ridiculously awkward offensive play I tend to let go of about 2/3 of the games I don't get to watch live and watch other teams instead.

  11. #48
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I gave myself a 9. Been a fan since the beginning but I don't have the cash to go to every game like Super Fan.

  12. #49
    Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    918
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    same as reuben and isaacthompson, im only 19, so I can't say i've lived through the glory days, though I was at the Spurs game when VC hurt his knee, didnt know what was going on, but remembered the ACC being dead silent as he got up. I moved to Canada when I was 7, and i followed the team hard though the swirsk era. since devlin and the boneheaded moves by the team i slowed down a bit, and after that lockout bullshit i outright stopped following the NBA. This year, i picked it back up again, and im an avid fan. I love the team and i love scrolling through RR and reading wht you guys have to say. I'd say im a 7-8.
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

  13. #50
    Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    918
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    Pfft, that's nothing. One time I went to the cineplex at Eglinton with my buds and Maceo Baston came and took a piss right beside my urinal.
    tell us you didnt compare sizes.

    i always though 6'11 people used different urinals
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

  14. #51
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    Pfft, that's nothing. One time I went to the cineplex at Eglinton with my buds and Maceo Baston came and took a piss right beside my urinal.
    Ooooh related to finding NBA players in washrooms: I used the same washroom at the miami airport as Antwan Jamison.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  15. #52
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would like to point out how many 'die hards of the die hards' are new to RR.

    I wonder how many fans just come to read the forums (and have been for years) rather than logging in and contributing to the discussions!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  16. #53
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    I would like to point out how many 'die hards of the die hards' are new to RR.

    I wonder how many fans just come to read the forums (and have been for years) rather than logging in and contributing to the discussions!
    I had been reading for quite some time before joining. This started when I somehow started using the RR twitter account as my startingpoint for daily raptorsnews.

  17. #54
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I had been reading for quite some time before joining. This started when I somehow started using the RR twitter account as my startingpoint for daily raptorsnews.
    Come to think about it, I was reading this forum for at least a year before I decided to join, and even after I joined it took another few months for me to get into the groove of contributing to discussions!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  18. #55
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i go with 9 since i am a die hard fan but i never grew up watching the raps so i cant say im a 10.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  19. #56
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    I would like to point out how many 'die hards of the die hards' are new to RR.

    I wonder how many fans just come to read the forums (and have been for years) rather than logging in and contributing to the discussions!
    I find it impressive that during critical times of the season (around the draft, start of the season, around trade deadline) RR readership can easily pass 1500 at any given time, with over 500 viewing still viewing at any given time even in the post-trade deadline wasteland of another lottery-bound season... speaks volumes about the passion that exists among the Raptors' fanbase! It's also a testament to the quality of discussion that goes on here at RR (and no, there's no moderator bonus for spewing such sappiness, that's all me! lol).

  20. Like enlightenment liked this post
  21. #57
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    An 8 - Still haven't seen a game live, but I watch every game, whether live or on the PVR and regularly follow Raptors columnists and fans on Twitter and in the news. The next step is a pilgrimage to TO for a game or heading to the west coast for a swing down there. Yay Seattle!

  22. #58
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote sillydebate wrote: View Post
    An 8 - Still haven't seen a game live, but I watch every game, whether live or on the PVR and regularly follow Raptors columnists and fans on Twitter and in the news. The next step is a pilgrimage to TO for a game or heading to the west coast for a swing down there. Yay Seattle!
    Im excited for the Seattle team as well! It means NBA basketball is ALOT closer to us Vancouver-ites
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  23. #59
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Im a 9 Rep the Raps all day my favorite team since they launched in the T.dot. I watch every game I can and closely follow all the goings on surrounding the team and my fav players on it lol, If I did catch every game I probably would be a 10 Im definitely not a 20 like say @MoRaptorsfan on Twitter that girl eat drinks and sleeps the team.

  24. #60
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,959
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would say 11

    I've been a die hard fan since the VC era.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •