X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm about 5'10".

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
      If none of them make you angry, you don't care as much as you think you do. I don't have anger management issues.

Does anyone follow the Leafs? There's gotta be a similar list, make one up and ask me. I'm sure I'll answer N to all of them. I'm not a big fan, although I will watch almost any game that is on television and I'll be disappointed if they lose the game.

By contrast, I'd give myself a 10 for Raptors franchise and 3 for Leafs franchise. 0 for Blue Jays. All 3 I'll watch a game if it's on TV and I'll be disappointed if we lose.
      I'd argue that those people just disagree with you. Being a fan of a team and having opinions about specific aspects of that team (ie: players, transactions, etc..) are two totally different things.

Comment

Pong wrote: View Post
        I'm about 5'10".
        In all seriously i'm about a 7. Regardless of what deals we do or how our players play, I still cheer for them. Haven't watched as many games as I'd like to this season due to work, but I try to catch up by watching replays and reading summaries. I make an effort to keep myself up to date on the team even when playoffs are out of the picture and we're playing d leaguers.
        Last edited by Pong; Mon Mar 11, 2013, 02:43 PM.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
          Perhaps a better way to evaluate your fandom is ask yourself how angry you get.

For example, when the Raptors blow a 4th quarter lead and lose the game -- even a casual fan would be disappointed.

Here's a few examples -- ask yourself whether it makes you angry. If it doesn't, then perhaps you're not as big a fan of the team as you thought.

JV rides the pine for an entire 4th quarter with only 3 fouls and he's had a good game otherwise. Angry? Y or N
          When Alan Anderson plays the entire game whilst shooting 1 for 14. Angry? Y or N
          When someone says Bargnani had a good game because he scored 24 points on 24 shots with 0 rebounds. Angry? Y or N
          When someone says DeRozan deserved that contract. Angry? Y or N
          When Ed Davis has another big game for Memphis. Angry? Y or N
          When we blow a 4th quarter lead. Angry? Y or N
          When someone says "Ben Uzoh". Angry? Y or N
          Casey benches a red-hot player and subs him for an ice-cold player. Angry? Y or N
          You find a blog or a forum post defending Andrea Bargnani? Angry? Y or N
          When you see the team's payroll. Angry? Y or N
          When Colangelo gets an extension. Angry? Y or N
          Vince Carter visit. Angry? Y or N

If you answered Y to most of these, you're a big fan. If you didn't, then you're not.
          Yeah, none of that makes me "angry" at all. Frustrated: sometimes. Disappointed: often. Some of it I wouldn't even think twice about (Ben Uzoh, anything Ed Davis does with his career post-Toronto, individual salaries or team payroll, Vince Carter...).

Angry? A worthless reaction, given the context. If this stuff really does make you "angry", maybe you don't have anger management issues, but you definitely take the Raptors too seriously.
          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Seems like my edit never made it but it was meant as a joke post.

It was meant for someone like Matt, who voted himself as a 2 when clearly, he's a huge fan.

ie: putting more focus on how much you care to see this team do well, versus whether or not you love the current roster.
            Last edited by ebrian; Mon Mar 11, 2013, 02:56 PM.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

I would say last year i was a 9, but moved to a 10 this year with my purchase of season tickets.

Die hard, never miss a game.

Comment

I'm an 8. Watch every game I can. I know the roster but not much in the way of history. I'm new, just started watching this season. Still trying to figure out not so much Dwane Casey, but what some of those other coaches do? It seems a little too collabratory now. I like all the changes they've made to date. I hope Andrea recovers soon from his elbow injury --anxious to see if the injury/boo birds/new players/youth push him to play with a little more passion and rebound more.

Comment

I am defiantly a 10. i havent missed a game in 7 years, I watch them no matter what I am doing, I can name almost any trade the raptors have made and who was swapped in the trade, every 14,15th roster spot over the years. I no, everything there is to no about the Toronto Raptors. Win or lose im there supporting the raptors. And by the way im only 17, so that show how much of a die hard fan I am. When ever we lose, i am in a bad mood the next day.

Check out my channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/TorontoRaptors4Eva
                  Last edited by RaptorFanatic01; Mon Mar 11, 2013, 03:39 PM.
                  TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS #tradeBargnani..

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                    + 2 GMT in Netherlands? Or they have European time installed?
                    It's +1 GMT (they use CET here)....It's usually 6 hours. But because North America observes different daylight savings dates, right now (and for a short period in the fall) it's only 5 hours...that started just yesterday. Too bad that west coast trip wasn't this week...

Comment

Using the same logic as the others who pegged themselves as a 9. That accurately sums up my love of the franchise/team. Wish I had the time to be a 10.

Comment

Thornbury wrote: View Post
                        Using the same logic as the others who pegged themselves as a 9. That accurately sums up my love of the franchise/team. Wish I had the time to be a 10.
                        In a way, the time gap for me is a blessing of sorts. For east coast games, it's not so bad because they start at 1 am (midnight for the next couple of weeks). So if I have plans, it doesn't ever have to be an issue. I basically watch the games before going to sleep, and if they're really bad, I might pass out with the stream still open. I'm also just working on my thesis now, so I can set my schedule however the fuck I want. Still though, really really happy they don't go back West.

Comment

I gave my self a 10. I am a fun since day one. Im from Argentina and since 1995 every game night y follow the games, first with the gamecast media, reading the lines and now with the international broadcast. I insult, cry and scream with players like John Thomas, Popeye Jones, Tabak, Camby, Staudomire, Carter, tmac, bosh and others.

Lately we, the raptors fans, have to learn and live with a team how blurt out a lots a winnable games. Right know we have a team with no leader.

but nonetheless, here I am, every night encouraging my team, no one in this country understands my passion. until I have a Raptors tattoo!!!

Comment

jmramos007 wrote: View Post
                            I gave my self a 10. I am a fun since day one. Im from Argentina and since 1995 every game night y follow the games, first with the gamecast media, reading the lines and now with the international broadcast. I insult, cry and scream with players like John Thomas, Popeye Jones, Tabak, Camby, Staudomire, Carter, tmac, bosh and others.

Lately we, the raptors fans, have to learn and live with a team how blurt out a lots a winnable games. Right know we have a team with no leader.

but nonetheless, here I am, every night encouraging my team, no one in this country understands my passion. until I have a Raptors tattoo!!!
                            This is probalby just pure coincidence, but used to see this dude a lot downtown, especially at Paramount theatres, where I must've seen him 3 or 4 times.

Have you ever had the opportunity/ do you ever plan to visit TO and take in a game?
                            Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Mar 11, 2013, 03:58 PM.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                              your 11,652 posts in a raptors message board automatically give you a 5. then your previous experience as a mod on the board, bumps you up another 2. your unwavering love of bargnani, bumps you up another 1. then add your previously stated 2.

you're a 10
                              bwahahahahaha CLASSIC!!!!

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                This is probalby just pure coincidence, but used to see this dude a lot downtown, especially at Paramount theatres, where I must've seen him 3 or 4 times.

Have you ever had the opportunity/ do you ever plan to visit TO and take in a game?
                                Pfft, that's nothing. One time I went to the cineplex at Eglinton with my buds and Maceo Baston came and took a piss right beside my urinal.

Comment

Working...
                                X