How big a fan are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How big a fan are you?

Recently I read a comment on the forums here stating that most posters on this website are considered the die-hard of the die-hard fans. Take some time for personal reflection, and on a scale of 1-10 how big a fan are you?

1 = Toronto-native, claims to be a fan, doesn't know who Jonas Valancuinas is..

5 = Follows most games through highlights and final scores

10 = Watches every single game. Knows every player on the Raptors roster (and their stats, to the decimal point), can name the 14th and 15th roster spots from the past 5 years. Raptors history can be recant from the top of your head during regular conversation.
    0.00%
    1.41%
    0.00%
    1.41%
    1.41%
    0.00%
    9.86%
    30.99%
    39.44%
    15.49%
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

9, probably. I don't catch every game tho that has more to do with family obligations than anything.

I'm completely jaded with all the jackasses running the team, though.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

9 but since we got Gay I started losing interest in the team. I can't fucking stand Gay forcing up 20+ shots a game when he's cold as fuck and taking all the important shots when he's cold and missed the 5 shots before that. I also can't stand the new offence which is pretty much Gay/Demar/Lowry ISOs 90% of the game.

Comment

Would say 7, I respect the talent on the roster, a few twitches here and there and they could become an formidable team future wise.

Comment

I said 8. I watch almost every game and know quite a bit about our roster. My downpoint is just the history of this team, I've been closely following for the team only for about 2-3 years since...I'm 16. lol
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

9. Know everything now, but only thing I don't know or can speak for is the history of the franchise. I'm only 17, so never really started following till I was able to understand things fully. Maybe around 2007 I was following HARD.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Maybe a 7. Constantly reading up on stats and such. I stopped watching the raptors for a looong time though (basically stopped after the whole VC debacle) and didn't start watching again until the last season when a friend sporadically got me back into it.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                9. Know everything now, but only thing I don't know or can speak for is the history of the franchise. I'm only 17, so never really started following till I was able to understand things fully. Maybe around 2007 I was following HARD.
                Exactly me.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

my fandom goes to 11

Comment

Hard to put me in a box. I live in Europe, so watching game is quite challenging cause they start at 1AM, but I still do it at least once a week. I've been a fan since Day 1, like literally Day 1 so history is not an issue.

But above all, what makes me a fan is the fact that I have been mocked and laughed at for most of the past decade and I never even considered stopping cheering for the Raps. Even if I met a wizard who'd be able to tell me all about the next 30 seasons and I knew that the Raps would be piling up losing seasons, I'd rather spend a whole life cheering for this band of losers than pick another team.

Comment

I'm a seven. I've lived in Africa since January 2012, so it's hard to watch games, due to broadcast time and internet that can't stream. I've recently started downloading some games after the fact.

There have been seasons where I could have been considered a 9 or 10, but I also stopped following the raptors the season before the Vince debacle (because of Vince) for a few seasons. I'm not great with the first few seasons because I was in primary school when the raps launched, and didn't have a proper sports channel in my home.

BUT I've also been a bit of a dormant fan because of the rebuilding process. I've always been stoked about JV and will start watching every game next season, when the teams should be selling WINS and not HOPE.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

8, fan for few years, probably because of VC footprint and JV and the fact that it's Canadian team, which is considered underdogs. Enjoy cheering for underdogs, to some extent of course (Casey screwing 4th q, AA 1 mill $ Mamba 2.0, or our 2nd unit during 2nd quarter). My timezone is one of the roughest up here I suppose , so usually games take place at 2 AM, but I still manage to watch 1 out of 3 of those. Know pretty much everything about current roster, but I cannot say that I'm crying in the corner after every loss, actually, when I enter RR I access it with thought that we lost, so after I see the loss I don't get sad, what makes me not a 10 fan.
                        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Fan of this team (current roster) or fan of the franchise (how badly you want to see this franchise succeed)?

Team: 7
                          Franchise: 10
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

I miss way more games now because of life (wife, house, job, responsibilities) than I would like. When I was 17, I never missed a game but that was back in the VC-T-Mac days.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

i'll say 7.... i go to, and watch, as many games as possible... but will miss a game on purpose if there is boobies and/or beers involved..... although i have on several occassions, took a pause mid-lapdance to check the boxscores...

i'm a man before a raps fan.

i have also missed games to take my dog to the dog park... he's kind of a dick when he wants to go outside

Comment

Working...
                              X