Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: Another Staff Announcement - thead

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,081
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Another Staff Announcement - thead

    Since Apollo and Matt52 have stepped down, we've had some big shoes to back fill in their absence. We've been looking at other loyal members to promote and came across another dandy in thead. thead's been here a little over a year now and has earned the respect of quite a few of our members and staff. Not a "post happy" member like some, but has always been respectful of his peers when contributing on the boards. That being said, we're happy to have him as apart of our staff here at RR.

    So get up off your arse and give this guy a warm congrats.

    That'll be it for now folks, but if the trend of continues with the forums getting more and more busy we might look to add another staff member later this summer.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Welcome to the Team thead!!
    In Masai we Trust.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    jesus christ... you guys are making some solid mod choices... joey, reuben, and thead... all three solid contributors...

    i look forward to their "dude, you gotta stop swearing and talking about ****" warning messages

  4. #4
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,081
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    i look forward to their "dude, you gotta stop swearing and talking about ****" warning messages
    Pfft .. fuck that.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Pfft .. fuck that.
    if only the F word was the worst you could expect from me.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Pfft .. fuck that.
    watch it :P

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    jesus christ... you guys are making some solid mod choices... joey, reuben, and thead... all three solid contributors...

    i look forward to their "dude, you gotta stop swearing and talking about ****" warning messages

    I think I'm rather high up on that list, too. Thoguh, I haven't got an infraction for "innapropriate" language since 2010. Fuck yeah!
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Congrats Thead!!!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  9. #9
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Welcome aboard Thead, good to have you on the team!

  10. #10
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wow! Nice addition there Doc!

    Welcome aboard Thead, happy to have you aboard sir!

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Since Apollo and Matt52 have stepped down, we've had some big shoes to back fill in their absence. We've been looking at other loyal members to promote and came across another dandy in thead. thead's been here a little over a year now and has earned the respect of quite a few of our members and staff. Not a "post happy" member like some, but has always been respectful of his peers when contributing on the boards. That being said, we're happy to have him as apart of our staff here at RR.

    So get up off your arse and give this guy a warm congrats.

    That'll be it for now folks, but if the trend of continues with the forums getting more and more busy we might look to add another staff member later this summer.
    This is most likely due to the inclusion of forum topics (in large text and appealing pictures) in the main page, makes people wanna click 'em more. Smart move, Id bet a lot of people didnt even know this site had a forum because its somewhat difficult to find.. i know I didnt for a while lol...

    Is there any sort of revenue you guys get from the traffic on this site? similar to how youtube works with the views and stuff, do you guys get any dough if there are more frequent daily visitors?

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    This is most likely due to the inclusion of forum topics (in large text and appealing pictures) in the main page, makes people wanna click 'em more. Smart move, Id bet a lot of people didnt even know this site had a forum because its somewhat difficult to find.. i know I didnt for a while lol...

    Is there any sort of revenue you guys get from the traffic on this site? similar to how youtube works with the views and stuff, do you guys get any dough if there are more frequent daily visitors?
    You guys talking about that internet money again?

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    You guys talking about that internet money again?
    curious...

  14. #14
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    thanks guys. I look forward to modding the absolute shit out of Heinz57 over the coming months and years

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    thanks guys. I look forward to modding the absolute shit out of Heinz57 over the coming months and years
    my general vulgarness these days seems to be acceptable by RR standards..

    my previous confrontational vulgarness wasn't as welcome..

    apparently i wasnt getting laid back then... im much less angry.

  16. #16
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    thanks guys. I look forward to modding the absolute shit out of Heinz57 over the coming months and years
    HAHAHAHA. Great start Thead. GREAT start!

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    curious...
    A few years ago I saw a documentary about Canadians wanting part of that internet money.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    wait, you can make money for writing things on the internet??!?!?

    How do I sign up???
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    wait, you can make money for writing things on the internet??!?!?

    How do I sign up???
    Watch the documentary, it was made by two guys named Parker and Stone.

  20. #20
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,081
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    wait, you can make money for writing things on the internet??!?!?

    How do I sign up???
    You can make more money by posting nude pictures of yourself. Not that I've done that .... well .... maybe .... but I was vulnerable and she said it was just between the two of us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •