Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: State of the Nation Address - The Long Division Version

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    PREDICTION:Nilanka & P00ka, are, were, or will be secret lovers, it didn't/won't last very long, but it was/is/will be unforgettable. Of course, as secret lovers, we'll never know the details...
    lmfao, thanks for the big chuckle.

For the record, Nilanka and I had some intense battles over on the front page months ago (Summer, I think), sometimes wandering off into ridiculous territory. At one point, I tried to mend wounds and see if we could achieve some level of acceptance of each other through my admission of fault. He turned that around and had been using those frank/honest admissions against me in sneak attacks, thus my calling him a sniveling weasel. I'm guessing he got as tired of it as I was, and we were pretty much leaving each other alone. Then he came calling with another couple of sneak attack cheap shots a couple of weeks ago, so you have that to thank for whatever entertainment value you get out of the current situation. He doesn't want to back off, and I'm not going to run away from a sniveling weasel, but take some runs at him, with prejudice.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post

For the record, Nilanka and I had some intense battles over on the front page months ago (Summer, I think), sometimes wandering off into ridiculous territory. At one point, I tried to mend wounds and see if we could achieve some level of acceptance of each other through my admission of fault. He turned that around and had been using those frank/honest admissions against me in sneak attacks, thus my calling him a sniveling weasel. I'm guessing he got as tired of it as I was, and we were pretty much leaving each other alone. Then he came calling with another couple of sneak attack cheap shots a couple of weeks ago, so you have that to thank for whatever entertainment value you get out of the current situation. He doesn't want to back off, and I'm not going to run away from a sniveling weasel, but take some runs at him, with prejudice.
    What an interesting take on history. A fictional one, but nonetheless interesting.

The truth of the matter is that 100% of your posts over on the main page are of the confrontational/demeaning/condescending variety....with a few profanity-laced, childish name-calling efforts thrown in for good measure. And I'm not even restricting this to your replies to me, but your replies to everyone.

I, among a few others, have taken offense to your "I'm smarter than everyone" tone, and have no problem calling you out on it. As long as this tone continues, expect the responses to continue.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote nilanka wrote: View Post
    replace 'yogurt' with 'frogurt', and you've got yourself a deal
    deal!

For the record, nilanka and i had some intense battles over on the front page months ago (summer, i think), sometimes wandering off into ridiculous territory. At one point, i tried to mend wounds and see if we could achieve some level of acceptance of each other through my admission of fault. He turned that around and had been using those frank/honest admissions against me in sneak attacks, thus my calling him a sniveling weasel. I'm guessing he got as tired of it as i was, and we were pretty much leaving each other alone. Then he came calling with another couple of sneak attack cheap shots a couple of weeks ago, so you have that to thank for whatever entertainment value you get out of the current situation. He doesn't want to back off, and i'm not going to run away from a sniveling weasel, but take some runs at him, with prejudice.
    Quote nilanka wrote: View Post
    what an interesting take on history. A fictional one, but nonetheless interesting.

The truth of the matter is that 100% of your posts over on the main page are of the confrontational/demeaning/condescending variety....with a few profanity-laced, childish name-calling efforts thrown in for good measure. And i'm not even restricting this to your replies to me, but your replies to everyone.

I, among a few others, have taken offense to your "i'm smarter than everyone" tone, and have no problem calling you out on it. As long as this tone continues, expect the responses to continue.
    jesus!
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    What an interesting take on history. A fictional one, but nonetheless interesting.

The truth of the matter is that 100% of your posts over on the main page are of the confrontational/demeaning/condescending variety....with a few profanity-laced, childish name-calling efforts thrown in for good measure. And I'm not even restricting this to your replies to me, but your replies to everyone.

I, among a few others, have taken offense to your "I'm smarter than everyone" tone, and have no problem calling you out on it. As long as this tone continues, expect the responses to continue.
    Funny how some only remember what they want to. I believe you "willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation", but that's okay. It just adds to the fire. I now welcome doing battle and taking whatever pot shots back at you that you're pettiness and stupidity allows.

Post Thanks / Like

This back-and-forth has been quietly tolerated for the last few days or so, but it's getting to the point that it's bringing down the quality of conversation in the targeted threads. Enough.

You've both seemed like passionate, intelligent, informed posters in the past, but this childish spat is making you both look bad... and RR bad in the process.

If you can't carry on the thread's conversation and/or reply to each other without resorting to personal jabs, snarky retorts or blatant insults, then either don't reply to each other or simply ignore each other.

I don't care who started it or who said what to whom at recess, I just want it to be over without having to slap a 24-hour ban on either of you.

Cheers,
    CRF

PS: If I read any more messages like this or if anybody else decides to chime in their 2 cents, a 24-hour ban will be used to cool you off.

6. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    This back-and-forth has been quietly tolerated for the last few days or so, but it's getting to the point that it's bringing down the quality of conversation in the targeted threads. Enough.

You've both seemed like passionate, intelligent, informed posters in the past, but this childish spat is making you both look bad... and RR bad in the process.

If you can't carry on the thread's conversation and/or reply to each other without resorting to personal jabs, snarky retorts or blatant insults, then either don't reply to each other or simply ignore each other.

I don't care who started it or who said what to whom at recess, I just want it to be over without having to slap a 24-hour ban on either of you.

Cheers,
    CRF

PS: If I read any more messages like this or if anybody else decides to chime in their 2 cents, a 24-hour ban will be used to cool you off.
    Works for me, though I'll add that just as it takes two to tango, it takes two to let it go.
    Cheers, Go Raps!!

Raptors Republic Starter RapthoseLeafs's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to personally guarantee a 0.00% chance Bargnani is on this roster come training camp....
    Vegas will gladly take your money.

Why?

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2013/...ne-for-season/

Raptors Republic Rookie footarez's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
    Telfair could be our man. That's why I think he should be backing up Kyle - now. Give JL time in blow-outs, or as a scorer. Telfair needs to show what he has. If it works, then we can move on to the next issue. But if not, we need to find one somewhere. The Bench needs their own Leader - with development being one of the priorities for next season. Ross needs that. So will Acy if he hangs around.
    Yes - exactly. Telfair,Valanciunas,Ross,Acy and even Fields need more minutes now.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Vegas will gladly take your money.

Why?

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2013/...ne-for-season/

Like I said on the main page, I don't think shutting down Bargnani for the season lowers his already abysmal trade value. When you've reached maximum levels of ineptness, it doesn't matter what happens next.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I said on the main page, I don't think shutting down Bargnani for the season lowers his already abysmal trade value. When you've reached maximum levels of ineptness, it doesn't matter what happens next.
    I never understood the "it can lower his trade value argument" this season. All the offers the Raps were getting were for other teams' garbage...you can't get worse offers than that. Was there a chance he raises his trade value? Maybe marginally...as in, end up getting a 1st or 2nd round pick or something thrown in with whatever other garbage (or even the right to swap picks). But really, it was always going to be an addition by subtraction trade.

*EVen the Boozer rumors should not be affected by this. Part of the reason Chicago can't find trade partners, aside from his money, is his age and injury history. They will probably have just as hard a time shopping him in the summer and I see no reason why they won't revisit discussions with Toronto.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Mar 14th, 2013 at 11:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Part of the reason Chicago can't find trade partners, aside from his money, is his age and injury history. They will probably have just as hard a time shopping him in the summer and I see no reason why they won't revisit discussions with Toronto.
    I don't want Boozer.
    And here's why:

2014-15 Season

Kyle Lowry (new contract) - 9 million (conservative?)
    Rudy Gay - $19.3 million (final year)
    Demar Derozan - $9.5 million
    Boozer - $16.8 million (33 years old when season starts)

Total = $54.6 million - 4 players

Add Amir Johnson (7 million) --> Total now = $61.6 million

Not biting on a Boozer trade, and instead amnestying Andrea in 2014 (not a smart move, but it would be available), Raptor payroll would be around 45 million for the top 4 paid guys.

[Edit]
    Now that I think about it, Raptors could have 31+ million in expiring contracts with Rudy & Andrea. Changing the line-up to add Boozer, would see that expiring amount jump to 36.1 million.

31+ million is some pretty serious "exchange" money.

Last edited by RapthoseLeafs; Sat Mar 16th, 2013 at 03:23 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want Boozer.
    And here's why:

2014-15 Season

Kyle Lowry (new contract) - 9 million (conservative?)
    Rudy Gay - $19.3 million (final year)
    Demar Derozan - $9.5 million
    Boozer - $16.8 million (33 years old when season starts)

Total = $54.6 million - 4 players

Add Amir Johnson (7 million) --> Total now = $61.6 million

Not biting on a Boozer trade, and instead amnestying Andrea in 2014 (not a smart move, but it would be available), Raptor payroll would be around 45 million for the top 4 paid guys.

[Edit]
    Now that I think about it, Raptors could have 31+ million in expiring contracts with Rudy & Andrea. Changing the line-up to add Boozer, would see that expiring amount jump to 36.1 million.

31+ million is some pretty serious "exchange" money.

I'm not the biggest Boozer fan, but I don't get your reasons...

For the payroll, who cares? This team will not be in a position to add anything significant in free agency until that summer of 2015 anyway. Adding Boozer in no way impacts flexibility. I don't pay the tax, so if the team is willing to take on the added burden (they'll almost definitely be over the tax anyway, so it's just a matter of how much), good for them...I'm not even getting into the merit of a 9+ million extension for Lowry until he at least plays well for 2 consecutive months, because he's been way too inconsistent.

As for the expiring money, it makes little difference either way. I don't understand why that's added in there at all. Is it arguing in favor of one plan or the other? Or are you just showing the totals for the sake of it?

I would also rather not add Boozer because I don't think it makes a big difference on the team. They probably could be as high (best case) as 6th or 7th next year as the roster stands...I don't think Boozer does more than guarantee at least 6th, but probably still not likely to get 5 or higher. I also don't know if I want a post player who demands touches for 2 seasons. I figure at some point in that 2nd season, JV will be a better threat. I also worry about the injury potential given his age and history.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Mar 16th, 2013 at 04:03 PM.

14. Like JawsGT, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not the biggest Boozer fan, but I don't get your reasons...

For the payroll, who cares?
    Payroll doesn't matter to me, but it does to our Cap position. Should the Raptors be above the "apron" ($4 million above the Luxury tax base), the implications do impede Contract Offer terms & use of mid-level exemption.

This team will not be in a position to add anything significant in free agency until that summer of 2015 anyway. As for the expiring money, it makes little difference either way. I don't understand why that's added in there at all. Is it arguing in favor of one plan or the other?
    Not true on the 2015 numbers. Andrea would still be eligible for amnesty (in 2014), thus allowing (against my better judgement) for the Raptors to chase after a Free agent. Raptors could also use his expiring contract as ballast in a trade. That strikes me as win-win in my mind.

What I'm saying - in arguing for one plan or the other - is that the Raptors have choices. And with little risk.

Last edited by RapthoseLeafs; Mon Mar 18th, 2013 at 07:09 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Long story short, it may not hurt your bank, but it'll hurt your favourite team's bank. It will seriously close any ability to sign/take-in big contracts now, which means being stuck with the same roster, likely resulting in mediocrity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information