Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Raptors Expected To Pursue Carl Landry

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    Typical Nilballsa sneak up from behind, sniveling weasel, based on bullshit cheap shot. Grow some gonads, dude.
    Typical DumbassKicker missing the point, and highjacking the thread with his pseudo philosophical/semantical nonsense...yet again.

Newsflash: We're discussing the possibility of Carl Landry in Toronto. The credibility of the source isn't the point. Get it? Naw, of course you don't get it. Next you'll ask for a larger sample size....
    Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Mar 13th, 2013 at 10:51 AM. Reason: type-o
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

2. Like wallz liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    There have been rumours that the cap number and subsequent luxury tax and apron number will rise this year. Larry Coon has estimated all to go up about $5M. Numbers are based on BRI.

HoopsHype.com has calculated Fields impact on the cap incorrectly. Despite a salary of $5M, $5.25M, and $8M his cap hit for Toronto is an equal $6.25M per season as HoopsWorld.com has.

Any signing of Carl Landry is going to come from 2013-14 cap space/exceptions. All my points have been made referring to 2013-14. The earliest the Raptors would be able to obtain Landry is after July 1st so we are now in to 2013-14 NBA calendar year.
    Man...new CBA rules giving me a headache....and by the time I get used to them, they'll probably go in to negotiate the next one.

*Apron issue extra confusing...I was trying to figure why they wouldn't be able to offer full MLE if they could even scale back their cap number for next year going into the signing period...ie through amnestying Kleiza, or possibly cutting a bit of payroll on a Bargs trade.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Mar 13th, 2013 at 10:14 AM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

As a backup Landry i think would be great. However everyone seems to complain saying Amir isn't starting material which i argue. Dude may be the best player on raptors this year. I would love to get a millasap or west or still even pau if nothing else than his crazy expiring contract and his mentorship of Jonas, however im not sure how realistic that all is. Landry is somewhat realistic. I would be ok if it happened and it would improve us. There are ways to improve us more but that would make us a better team.

Post Thanks / Like

Carl Landry doesn't immediately jump out as a Colangelo type of player. This looks like a Casey request through and through.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Typical DumbassKicker missing the point, and highjicking the thread with his pseudo philosophical/semantical nonsense...yet again.

Newsflash: We're discussing the possibility of Carl Landry in Toronto. The credibility of the source isn't the point. Get it? Naw, of course you don't get it. Next you'll ask for a larger sample size....
    I think Pooka says what we are all pretty much thinking but just dont have the balls to say, hehehe.

Problem is, what everybody says on this site is pretty much speculation and based on opionion hence the term "forum".

as long as i have been following the NBA, when its thrown out there, you know there's some truth to it. these rumors may not materialize and we all conclude that "see, it wasnt true" after the fact, but it always comes out later on that rumors were indeed half decent truths.

we oftentime brush aside a "source" as fabricated, but you have to consider that within each team, there are hundereds and hundreds of employees, it just takes one to tell another, and it can spread like wildfire.

oh and in reply to the post, nah, pass on Landry please.

Post Thanks / Like

Carl Landry doesn't immediately jump out as a Colangelo type of player. This looks like a Casey request through and through.
    Honestly can't decide how I feel about that...Do I trust Casey's judgment more? Of course, do I trust Colangelo's at all??

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Man...new CBA rules giving me a headache....and by the time I get used to them, they'll probably go in to negotiate the next one.

*Apron issue extra confusing...I was trying to figure why they wouldn't be able to offer full MLE if they could even scale back their cap number for next year going into the signing period...ie through amnestying Kleiza, or possibly cutting a bit of payroll on a Bargs trade.
    Easy way to think about it:

If you use the full MLE you essentially have a hard cap of $74M.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Easy way to think about it:

If you use the full MLE you essentially have a hard cap of $74M.
    Yeah, I got that...that's a really strange and unfortunate rule. Players really got fucked in that CBA. No wonder they want Hunter gone.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Typical DumbassKicker missing the point, and highjacking the thread with his pseudo philosophical/semantical nonsense...yet again.

So, my responding to the legitimacy of the original post's inaccurate reference to media babble is highjacking the thread (hmmm, somehow I thought the original post is the point), and you're now having a hissy fit over me not following some nebulous Nilballsa rule for posting, because I called your cowardly poke at me what it is. Awwwwwww, need a hug?

Post Thanks / Like

Signing Landry to anything more than the league minimum would be sooooooo Raptors

Post Thanks / Like

I really can't stress firing Colangelo asap enough

Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    So, my responding to the legitimacy of the original post's inaccurate reference to media babble is highjacking the thread (hmmm, somehow I thought the original post is the point), and you're now having a hissy fit over me not following some nebulous Nilballsa rule for posting, because I called your cowardly poke at me what it is. Awwwwwww, need a hug?
    Settle down.

14. Like Rapstor4Life, NoPropsneeded liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Settle down.
    Reuben is putting his foot down
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

WHY WON'T PEOPLE REALIZE AMIR IS THE BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM!!!! Him and Lowry are the teams 2 most productive players, since we pretty much have the same core locked in for at least three more years, why would we ever move him. That being said I would be fine with Carl Landry, he certainly beats Landry Fields as the back up 4.

Raptors Republic Rookie footarez's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to have Landry here. He was important piece in the Rockets and Hornes in the playoffs. He was playing on every close game down the stretch. He has many good and efficient low post moves. He is undersized but he is very skilled.His defense is average if not good. Definitely an upgrade over Ed Davis and Bargnani. I would love to have him on the team as back up PF behind Amir. Of course that is assuming Bargnani is gone. 3-5 mil per year for 2 year deal would be great.

Raptors Republic Rookie footarez's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Agrippa wrote: View Post
    WHY WON'T PEOPLE REALIZE AMIR IS THE BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM!!!! Him and Lowry are the teams 2 most productive players, since we pretty much have the same core locked in for at least three more years, why would we ever move him. That being said I would be fine with Carl Landry, he certainly beats Landry Fields as the back up 4.
    I admit some nights he is the best player on the team. But most fans would like us not only as a playoff team but a contender. They want someone like Boozer who is an upgrade over Amir...it was hard for me to admit. I am a huge Amir fan. Fields was signed to be a SF. Casey likes small ball - that is why he sometimes plays the 4 but he is a true SF who is capable to play at the SG as well and PF with small ball lineups.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I feel like this acquistion is a way to introduce Amir Johnson as the new starter.
    Makes sense. Vice-versa if necessary.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Reuben is putting his foot down
    Going around calling people Niballsa, and continuing to reply to each other in manners obviously not necessary isn't needed here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Going around calling people Niballsa, and continuing to reply to each other in manners obviously not necessary isn't needed here.
    I'm still trying to figure out whether "Nilballsa" was an insult or a type-o :|

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still trying to figure out whether "Nilballsa" was an insult or a type-o :|
    C'mon Nil, "ballsa"? lol, anyways, I guess CRF already got to you guys about the 24-hour ban... I wouldn't have gotten that far, because I admire the passion and such, but hey just keep it to your private chats :P

Thread Information