Raptors Expected To Pursue Carl Landry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    I must admit i am not too familiar with Landry's game. Im going by the game logs which seems to show Amir-like numbers.

Will he address the post-up, rebounding, interior D that the Raps sorely need?
    - Undersized PF
    - Good low post game
    - Good rebounder for his size
    - A mismatch defensively because of his size
    - Career backup
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      I wouldn't mind Landry as a backup but I want us to pursue elton brand as well. He's the type of veteran big we need
      Fixed

+1
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

I've always liked tiago splitter. What would it take to pry him from San Antonio?
        Splitter is not goin anywhere. He's a huge part of the Spurs success this year and the guy right now is balling like an all-star.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Splitter is not goin anywhere. He's a huge part of the Spurs success this year and the guy right now is balling like an all-star.
          Yea I know. Splitter and jv would make a very manly front court tho, with a lot of size and shot blocking.

Comment

He was playing for Philly the last 2-3 seasons and they weren't contenders. I wouldn't count him out, he could really help this team with our rebounding and post scoring issues.
            Father time is a biotch when he catches up with you.

I think Father time has caught up with EB.

He is not playing big minutes for a non-playoff Mavs team this season.

He is looking like another Kurt Thomas in the making.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              I think you're exaggerating a bit there lol. He's far from being all star material.

Since we're starting to talk about other big men, I rather we work out a trade for spencer hawes during the off season. He can shoot, rebound, block and pass. Only issue is he just needs to be more consistent. If Bynum gets healthy and the 76ers sign him to a long term deal, they could be more willing to trade away hawes. Sure beats signing aging stars like brand, boozer or west.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                S&T would be the only viable option, similar to Millsap.
                I don't see how Indiana would want to trade David West anyways.

I personally like Carl Landry on this team. ONLY as a back-up option though if a sign-&-trade/trade straight up doesn't work. Good, not great offensive player inside, banger, rebounder. Not a shot blocker, and undersized though. Question; is he really worth $3-$5 million? I would think so.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

YYZ wrote: View Post
                  The Toronto Raptors are expected to pursue Carl Landry this offseason if he opts out of his contract with the Golden State Warriors, according to a source.

The Raptors will seek a veteran power forward this summer.

Amir Johnson has had a breakout season for Toronto at the power forward position and are also looking for a resolution to the Andrea Bargnani situation.

Via Marc J. Spears/Yahoo! Sports
                  Nowhere does it say "expected", but it appears many are responding as if it came from BC's mouth himself. What Spears wrote was:
                  "The Raptors are looking for a veteran power forward and could make a run at Golden State's Carl Landry if he opts out of his deal this summer, a source told Yahoo! Sports."

My first reaction when I see "a source told" is to ignore it as the gossip it is, but some source that fed Yahoo but not local media? Really, you're going to take this seriously? The next thing is how carefully worded it is, as in "COULD" make a run at Landry. That wishy washy crap could mean nothing more than pure speculation of who they "could" target based on the need for a PF, and the "source's" speculation on who would fit the financial situation. Certainly not a fit physically and skill wise. An undersized PF who as never been known for even decent defense. It's a waste of time talking about illogical gossip, imo.

Comment

He was playing for Philly the last 2-3 seasons and they weren't contenders. I wouldn't count him out, he could really help this team with our rebounding and post scoring issues.
                    As Matt said though, he'll have plenty of offers from teams poised to contend. He is a solid backup and veteran, but has nothing left to prove other than winning. Can't see why Brand would choose to come to Toronto. That said, I'd love to have him if he decides to for some random reason.

Comment

Guys a lot of our problems defensively is finishing the possession with a defensive board. Having him would be great And he will be replacing Bargnani is the line up our rebounding numbers will probably return to our surpass the 17th it was a season ago.

Comment

Perspective:
                        Raps can only offer $3M as it stands now.
                        GSW can only offer $4.8M in any sign and trade (and Toronto would have to make sure not to go over $74M with any trade).
                        Any other team could offer a full MLE of $5M.

Why would Landry come to Toronto for $4.8M when he could get an extra $200k and likely compete for a sure playoff team elsewhere?

Why would Landry come to Toronto for $3M when he would be leaving $1M on the table by opting out of next season?

Comment

Maybe he wants to play with KLow and Rudy Gay ? I cant stress how important it is that Toronto finish the season strong Holding firm to the 9th spot. Outsiders looking in gee they were so close and its a pretty talented group I should bring my talents there.

I say again though....If that Boozer trade resurfaces which it could Derrick Rose is back next season they are in a hunt and want to upgrade the team a bit plus dump Salary, its in BC's best interest to not pass that deal up for a second time. The team not having Boozer when we could of is pretty much the difference maker which could have been a playoff appearance this season.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Perspective:
                            GSW can only offer $4.8M in any sign and trade (and Toronto would have to make sure not to go over $74M with any trade).

Why would Landry come to Toronto for $4.8M when he could get an extra $200k and likely compete for a sure playoff team elsewhere?

Why would Landry come to Toronto for $3M when he would be leaving $1M on the table by opting out of next season?
                            Why doesn't Toronto have a full MLE? I thought as long as a team is not over the tax threshold, they get to use the full MLE. Raptors are over the cap, but not over the tax. I thought the $3M mini exception was for teams that paid luxury tax. So I wouldn't mind knowing why the Raptors only have the mini...

Comment

kyle lowry
                              carl landry
                              landry fields

i find it annoying how these 3 names all sound very similar...for that reason alone, i dont want carl landry

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Perspective:

I believe that amnestying Klieza would give more financial freedom.
                                @RavNation

Comment

Working...
                                X