• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delonte_West wrote: View Post
    kyle lowry
    carl landry
    landry fields

i find it annoying how these 3 names all sound very similar...for that reason alone, i dont want carl landry
    Well said.

Comment

Delonte_West wrote: View Post
      kyle lowry
      carl landry
      landry fields

i find it annoying how these 3 names all sound very similar...for that reason alone, i dont want carl landry
      Well put Delonte West.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Silly reason to not want Carl Lowry in Raptor uniform....

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
          Silly reason to not want Carl Lowry in Raptor uniform....
          I don't think it's silly. I would like him in a Raptor uniform, but he doesn't exactly fill a need of a post-presence/threat, or a hole of a big time name. He's 30 years old come this off-season (correct if mistaken), not a big time player, and best suited as a back-up/spot starter.

Really depends on what happens with Bargnani, if Bargnani is not traded, or not traded for the player that we need in that position, than you could possibly go after Carl Landry.

Still, depending on what happens with Bargnani and trade assets, as a back-up big, I would take Amir > Landry most times out of 10.
          Last edited by ReubenJRD; Wed Mar 13, 2013, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Im sorry I was joking Reuben lol its why I wrote his name wrong lol. If he is traded for Bargs go for it anything that gets Bargs out of here is a + in my book.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
              Im sorry I was joking Reuben lol its why I wrote his name wrong lol. If he is traded for Bargs go for it anything that gets Bargs out of here is a + in my book.
              Wow. No, I'm sorry. Goodness gracious, to be totally honest, I took a quick whiff at the comment, and obviously I assumed it was Carl Landry.

*sigh* It's late. My moderator job comes at this time (9:30 PM Pacific time after a long day)...

Comment

I like Landry. Has shown spurts of brilliance of GSW's bench this season. Just reiterating what a lot of people have said within this thread, but a rotation of Amir and Landry at the 4 spot could be close to devastating.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Realistically this move wouldn't be to have Landry start, and if it is then our management's even dumber than most of us already think it is. It would mean we're putting our faith in Amir as our starter ( which he's kinda earning next season dudes gonna avg 16, 10 if he starts) and beginning to build a playoff/contending bench. Even teams with the best players in the league have strong bench mobs which is what makes them contenders as well as their stars. Big part of the raptors team is that some nights the bench doesn't show up those are the nights we're doomed. Look at Miami, they got guys like mike miller, battier, rashard lewis, ray allen, bird man coming off the bench. San Antonio.. Manu, Splitter, Neal, Jackson .. and I could go on, all the contending teams have significantly better benches than our compilation of Alan Anderson, John Lucas III, Aaron Gray, Landry Fields.. u fucking kidding me?!? lol

If we can't get a starting calibre PF through trade we will probably put our faith in Amir. TBH unless boozer is gonna for whatever reason turn into a relevant defensive player we should prolly pass on him as well. If we aren't going after Pau first and foremost Amir's the guy, making landry a target viable.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Why doesn't Toronto have a full MLE? I thought as long as a team is not over the tax threshold, they get to use the full MLE. Raptors are over the cap, but not over the tax. I thought the $3M mini exception was for teams that paid luxury tax. So I wouldn't mind knowing why the Raptors only have the mini...
                    At this point in time the Raps are a luxury tax team ($72.9M).

If they use the FULL MLE then they cannot go over the apron of $74M.

Comment

YYZ wrote: View Post
                      I believe that amnestying Klieza would give more financial freedom.
                      It would but even amnestying Kleiza and using the full MLE gives Toronto just $700k for the rest of the roster assuming no rule changes and all options picked up (Lowry, JL3, Gray). Raps would have 12 roster spots filled and $700K to use for rest of roster/season.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                        It's a waste of time talking about illogical gossip, imo.
                        I agree it's a waste of time, but isn't that why we're here, to waste time? In the grand scheme of things I can't see very many things that are less a waste of time than professional sports.
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Landry would make Bargnani even more expendable so I'm on board.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                            I agree it's a waste of time, but isn't that why we're here, to waste time? In the grand scheme of things I can't see very many things that are less a waste of time than professional sports.
                            In p00ka's world, we should only discuss topics confirmed by Doug Smith....

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                              If the idea is to discuss random possible targets for the summer, I say have at her, but if you had included all of my post, rather than cherry pick the final statement, I was referring to something rather different. All but the last two sentences of my post were in reference to the original post stating "expected" and some responding as such:

"Nowhere does it say "expected", but it appears many are responding as if it came from BC's mouth himself. What Spears wrote was:
                              "The Raptors are looking for a veteran power forward and could make a run at Golden State's Carl Landry if he opts out of his deal this summer, a source told Yahoo! Sports."

My first reaction when I see "a source told" is to ignore it as the gossip it is, but some source that fed Yahoo but not local media? Really, you're going to take this seriously? The next thing is how carefully worded it is, as in "COULD" make a run at Landry. That wishy washy crap could mean nothing more than pure speculation of who they "could" target based on the need for a PF, and the "source's" speculation on who would fit the financial situation."

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                In p00ka's world, we should only discuss topics confirmed by Doug Smith....
                                Typical Nilballsa sneak up from behind, sniveling weasel, based on bullshit cheap shot. Grow some gonads, dude.

Comment

Working...
                                X