No announcement yet.

Raptors Expected To Pursue Carl Landry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like this acquistion is a way to introduce Amir Johnson as the new starter.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

i think it is a great idea pursuing carl landry hence he opts out this year...he is a consistant player when given minutes...he is entering his prime years..and he can help a lot coming off the bench...has a great feel for the game..great underrated defense...smart player...doesnt foul a lot but plays aggressive...he can learn a lot from amir but amir can learn a lot from carl landry...great back to the basket player and has improved dramatically on his shot...he is a big..a little undersized but moves really well...he doesnt have a robotic essence to his game...very quick for his size...great player..been a fan...dont know why a team hasnt kept him...he has journey'd a bit..i welcome him on my team..however i dont think this will improve our team more then now...maybe a couple more games...but it will be good...since the departure of ed davis...instead of playing amir heavy minutes and landry at the pf...in other words..landry..u r more then reliable and welcome to toronto...hope u opt out

Comment

and sorry for the parenthesis...i go hard on the dots...forgive me readers...and lets go raps

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          At this point in time the Raps are a luxury tax team ($72.9M).

If they use the FULL MLE then they cannot go over the apron of $74M.
          Ok...wait...salary cap rules are based on past year's tax burden....So the exception(s) Toronto can use this coming offseason are based on what they pay this year in total salary and if that goes over the tax....from what I can tell looking at hoopsworld the 72.9 M you're referring to is the team's projected payroll next year??? This season, the numbers on the two sites are....
          hoopsworld: 67 M and change
          hoopshype: 66 M and change

So the Raps should have a full MLE this year. If I'm wrong and there's something I'm not seeing, please correct me...

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Ok...wait...salary cap rules are based on past year's tax burden....So the exception(s) Toronto can use this coming offseason are based on what they pay this year in total salary and if that goes over the tax....from what I can tell looking at hoopsworld the 72.9 M you're referring to is the team's projected payroll next year??? This season, the numbers on the two sites are....
            hoopsworld: 67 M and change
            hoopshype: 66 M and change

So the Raps should have a full MLE this year. If I'm wrong and there's something I'm not seeing, please correct me...
            There have been rumours that the cap number and subsequent luxury tax and apron number will rise this year. Larry Coon has estimated all to go up about $5M. Numbers are based on BRI.

HoopsHype.com has calculated Fields impact on the cap incorrectly. Despite a salary of $5M, $5.25M, and $8M his cap hit for Toronto is an equal $6.25M per season as HoopsWorld.com has.

Any signing of Carl Landry is going to come from 2013-14 cap space/exceptions. All my points have been made referring to 2013-14. The earliest the Raptors would be able to obtain Landry is after July 1st so we are now in to 2013-14 NBA calendar year.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
              Typical Nilballsa sneak up from behind, sniveling weasel, based on bullshit cheap shot. Grow some gonads, dude.
              Typical DumbassKicker missing the point, and highjacking the thread with his pseudo philosophical/semantical nonsense...yet again.

Newsflash: We're discussing the possibility of Carl Landry in Toronto. The credibility of the source isn't the point. Get it? Naw, of course you don't get it. Next you'll ask for a larger sample size....
              Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Mar 13, 2013, 10:51 AM. Reason: type-o

Comment

There have been rumours that the cap number and subsequent luxury tax and apron number will rise this year. Larry Coon has estimated all to go up about $5M. Numbers are based on BRI.

HoopsHype.com has calculated Fields impact on the cap incorrectly. Despite a salary of $5M, $5.25M, and $8M his cap hit for Toronto is an equal $6.25M per season as HoopsWorld.com has.

Any signing of Carl Landry is going to come from 2013-14 cap space/exceptions. All my points have been made referring to 2013-14. The earliest the Raptors would be able to obtain Landry is after July 1st so we are now in to 2013-14 NBA calendar year.
                Man...new CBA rules giving me a headache....and by the time I get used to them, they'll probably go in to negotiate the next one.

*Apron issue extra confusing...I was trying to figure why they wouldn't be able to offer full MLE if they could even scale back their cap number for next year going into the signing period...ie through amnestying Kleiza, or possibly cutting a bit of payroll on a Bargs trade.
                Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Mar 13, 2013, 10:14 AM.

Comment

As a backup Landry i think would be great. However everyone seems to complain saying Amir isn't starting material which i argue. Dude may be the best player on raptors this year. I would love to get a millasap or west or still even pau if nothing else than his crazy expiring contract and his mentorship of Jonas, however im not sure how realistic that all is. Landry is somewhat realistic. I would be ok if it happened and it would improve us. There are ways to improve us more but that would make us a better team.

Comment

Carl Landry doesn't immediately jump out as a Colangelo type of player. This looks like a Casey request through and through.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Typical DumbassKicker missing the point, and highjicking the thread with his pseudo philosophical/semantical nonsense...yet again.

Newsflash: We're discussing the possibility of Carl Landry in Toronto. The credibility of the source isn't the point. Get it? Naw, of course you don't get it. Next you'll ask for a larger sample size....
                      I think Pooka says what we are all pretty much thinking but just dont have the balls to say, hehehe.

Problem is, what everybody says on this site is pretty much speculation and based on opionion hence the term "forum".

as long as i have been following the NBA, when its thrown out there, you know there's some truth to it. these rumors may not materialize and we all conclude that "see, it wasnt true" after the fact, but it always comes out later on that rumors were indeed half decent truths.

we oftentime brush aside a "source" as fabricated, but you have to consider that within each team, there are hundereds and hundreds of employees, it just takes one to tell another, and it can spread like wildfire.

oh and in reply to the post, nah, pass on Landry please.

Comment

Carl Landry doesn't immediately jump out as a Colangelo type of player. This looks like a Casey request through and through.
                        Honestly can't decide how I feel about that...Do I trust Casey's judgment more? Of course, do I trust Colangelo's at all??

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          Man...new CBA rules giving me a headache....and by the time I get used to them, they'll probably go in to negotiate the next one.

*Apron issue extra confusing...I was trying to figure why they wouldn't be able to offer full MLE if they could even scale back their cap number for next year going into the signing period...ie through amnestying Kleiza, or possibly cutting a bit of payroll on a Bargs trade.
                          Easy way to think about it:

If you use the full MLE you essentially have a hard cap of $74M.

Comment

Easy way to think about it:

If you use the full MLE you essentially have a hard cap of $74M.
                            Yeah, I got that...that's a really strange and unfortunate rule. Players really got fucked in that CBA. No wonder they want Hunter gone.

Comment

Typical DumbassKicker missing the point, and highjacking the thread with his pseudo philosophical/semantical nonsense...yet again.

So, my responding to the legitimacy of the original post's inaccurate reference to media babble is highjacking the thread (hmmm, somehow I thought the original post is the point), and you're now having a hissy fit over me not following some nebulous Nilballsa rule for posting, because I called your cowardly poke at me what it is. Awwwwwww, need a hug?

Comment

Signing Landry to anything more than the league minimum would be sooooooo Raptors
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X