Sonny Weems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heinz57 wrote: View Post
    i would also like to add to your line of queries...

2. Where is Solomon Alabi flipping burgers these days?
    Solo was released from the Idaho Stampede March 1st. But as he made $1.6M in his two years with the Raptors and seems to have very humble tastes, I doubt he will ever be in financial difficulties.

I wish him well.

Comment

Last I heard Weems was playing for CSKA. I doubt any NBA team will be interested in matching his contract in Europe. The Raps do have his rights-- haven't heard of any rumors of NBA teams offering 2nd round picks, or late firsts for him. I think he'll stay in Europe until he retires.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
        Last I heard Weems was playing for CSKA. I doubt any NBA team will be interested in matching his contract in Europe. The Raps do have his rights-- haven't heard of any rumors of NBA teams offering 2nd round picks, or late firsts for him. I think he'll stay in Europe until he retires.
        He plays quite well for CSKA and is happy so..

Comment

Comment

Sonny Weems is currently averaging 14 pts on 51% from 2 and 43% from 3 in 28 minutes. He is shooting 87% from the free throw line. They have him as forward so his 3 rebounds looks a little low, but I'm not sure how they use him (might be a floor spacer, and then leaks out on offense) In other words he is scoring very efficiently has found his 3pt range and is automatic from the charity stripe.
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
              speaking of former raptors nobody should care about...

I always though Marcus Banks was a cupcake diet and few years of alcoholism away from looking just like Tracy Morgan..

Comment

In other words I'm going to take the dissenting view that a few years of euro ball has humbled him a bit and improved his game substantially. I would welcome him back
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Just what we need....another mediocre wing with an undefined role.

Colangelo, do what you do best and sign this guy to a 5 year deal, stat!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Just what we need....another mediocre wing with an undefined role.

Colangelo, do what you do best and sign this guy to a 5 year deal, stat!
                    at least this one can shoot threes ...***

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                      at least this one can shoot threes ...***
                      Can he? I'm not saying either way, because I've only seen him in a couple of games last year when I was actually watching him play JV, and therefore really only paying attention to JV.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Can he? I'm not saying either way, because I've only seen him in a couple of games last year when I was actually watching him play JV, and therefore really only paying attention to JV.
                        43% from the 3pt line with CSKA moscow on close to 50 attempts

Comment

In other words I'm going to take the dissenting view that a few years of euro ball has humbled him a bit and improved his game substantially. I would welcome him back
                          Thanks thead. Well, that's kind of what I thought could have been happening with Weems when I started the thread.... before Heinz hi-jacked it into places unmentionable. So, if he's improved his game significantly, then he is at least a trade asset.

I wouldn't want him back on the team, though. The story about him singing and generally not giving a shit after the Raps got eliminated from the playoffs in his last season here, doesn't sit well.
                          Last edited by golden; Thu Mar 14, 2013, 03:10 PM.

Comment

isn't the three point line in Europe closer than the nba?

Comment

Still hard to know....because he wasn't great at it in the NBA, and the distance is different. He could just fall in love with the long 2 if he came back.

It is nice to see that kind of % though, that's not bad at all.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                isn't the three point line in Europe closer than the nba?
                                Yep in Europe 3pt line is closer than in NBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X