Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Targeting Kelly Olynyk (Canadian) in the draft can be a good move

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Zaga would've been the 1st 1-seed ever to lose in Round of 64 today, if not for Olynyk. From what I say, he's really polished and has great footwork/patience in the post.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Zaga would've been the 1st 1-seed ever to lose in Round of 64 today, if not for Olynyk. From what I say, he's really polished and has great footwork/patience in the post.
    If you watches the game you saw how hard it was for him to finish around the rim. That was Southern? He was the biggest player on the court but, struggled. His a back up center in the NBA.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

da game ah wuz watching had Kelly Olynyk as da bomb player. He came on strong in da second half ta secure da win...
    Last edited by stretch; Thu Mar 21st, 2013 at 11:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    da game ah wuz watching had Kelly Olynyk as da bomb player. He came on strong in da second half ta secure da win all ye damn hood ratz..
    English?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    da game ah wuz watching had Kelly Olynyk as da bomb player. He came on strong in da second half ta secure da win...
    Although your spelling needs a bit of work, I agree with what your're saying. He was dominant in the second half, but again it was a 16-seed team. Round of 32 against Colorado/Mizzou will be interesting to watch.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Olynyk was dominant in the 2nd half but that was against SOUTHERN! A 16 seed team!! I don't think any of those guys would come close to making the NBA.

The only thing that stood up to me about Olynyk is his footwork. He's got a great footwork but that's all about it. In the NBA he'sll be nothing more than a backup big.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

His defense blows from what I've seen in highlights, and consider the competition/size of other centers. He will/would struggle in NBA, don't see any real potential except long range shooting. No offense guys.
    #FREE

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Do we really want to draft Alanis Morisette?

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i could do without that long hair. He looks like the second coming of Chris "the caveman" Kaman
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's see how they do today. The longer they stay in the tourney the higher Kelly's chances are of getting drafted higher. Is he a fit on the Raps? Why not. He can play in a 4-big rotation with JV, Amir, (insert name), and Olynyk.

As to Olynyk being compared to Bargs... why? Size, color, and shooting range aside, KO > AB. Why? WORK ETHIC. He may not be the most mobile big in the upcoming draft, but his work ethic alone is good sign. Let's not discount that he'd be a good Canadian face for the franchise. WORK ETHIC and high basketball IQ.

As for Pagnos, I do like him, but I don't see him getting drafted... sooooooo, the Raps might even be able to get him on the cheap as a training camp invite. He'd project as a 2nd-3rd string and would be a cheap Calderon clone.
    Last edited by unknown guest; Sat Mar 23rd, 2013 at 04:29 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What about Kabongo?
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure, I'd take him. Maybe draft and stash?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote unknown guest wrote: View Post
    Let's see how they do today. The longer they stay in the tourney the higher Kelly's chances are of getting drafted higher. Is he a fit on the Raps? Why not. He can play in a 4-big rotation with JV, Amir, (insert name), and Olynyk.

As to Olynyk being compared to Bargs... why? Size, color, and shooting range aside, KO > AB. Why? WORK ETHIC. He may not be the most mobile big in the upcoming draft, but his work ethic alone is good sign. Let's not discount that he'd be a good Canadian face for the franchise. WORK ETHIC and high basketball IQ.

As for Pagnos, I do like him, but I don't see him getting drafted... sooooooo, the Raps might even be able to get him on the cheap as a training camp invite. He'd project as a 2nd-3rd string and would be a cheap Calderon clone.
    KO can't even clean AB's shoes.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow i know Raptors fans hate Bargnani but the KO > AB comment is just stupid. Olynyk is not a better player than Bargnani and he will never be a better player than Bargnani. Just like the poster above me said - KO can't even clean AB's shoes.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    KO can't even clean AB's shoes.
    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Olynyk is not a better player than Bargnani and he will never be a better player than Bargnani. Just like the poster above me said - KO can't even clean AB's shoes.

I truly don't understand these comments.
    You guys should truly be NBA scouts, as you clearly know something all of us, and most NBA scouts don't.
    In Masai we Trust.

16. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Watching this Gonzaga-Wichita game. He's struggling at the rim again. This is a scary trend.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Watching this Gonzaga-Wichita game. He's struggling at the rim again. This is a scary trend.
    He shot 66% from the field, scoring 18ppg this season. I don't think a 2 game sample is enough to be a cause for alarm.

Related: NCAA referees are fucking atrocious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    He shot 66% from the field, scoring 18ppg this season. I don't think a 2 game sample is enough to be a cause for alarm.

Related: NCAA referees are fucking atrocious.
    Most of those games were against the WCC. 2 two past games his played against atheletes he never did during the regular season. The announcers have all been saying that. As pure talent you can't mention AB and Olynyk in the same sentence.

Post Thanks / Like

Zags are finished. The tourney this year is crazy.

Looks like these two games is what we're left with for our final impression of Olynyk.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Zags are finished. The tourney this year is crazy.

Looks like these two games is what we're left with for our final impression of Olynyk.
    Gonzaga fell apart late. Their guard play really let them down. Stockton was terrible. They basically left him wide open and he would not shoot. Wichita State made some crazy threes.

Pretty disappointed with the way Pangos played. Olynynk was fine but, man, he missed some easy shots. Zags are a two-man team. Too easy to stop.

Thread Information