Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Targeting Kelly Olynyk (Canadian) in the draft can be a good move

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Wow i know Raptors fans hate Bargnani but the KO > AB comment is just stupid. Olynyk is not a better player than Bargnani and he will never be a better player than Bargnani. Just like the poster above me said - KO can't even clean AB's shoes.
    Let's see in a few years. If by his 3rd year KO hasn't eclipsed AB, then I buy you a drink.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote unknown guest wrote: View Post
    Let's see in a few years. If by his 3rd year KO hasn't eclipsed AB, then I buy you a drink.
    Welcome to the board UG!

And I'm with you on KO for sure. He's got the tools and the smarts to only improve and adapt at the NBA level.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Welcome to the board UG!

And I'm with you on KO for sure. He's got the tools and the smarts to only improve and adapt at the NBA level.
    I agree with you, I don't understand all of his criticisms. He's got great fundamentals, and has great patience in the post, which is a huge advantage. People say his finishing at the rim is bad, which is true. Luckily, strength is one of the easiest things to improve.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    I agree with you, I don't understand all of his criticisms. He's got great fundamentals, and has great patience in the post, which is a huge advantage.
    He actually reminds me alot of Tim Duncan in this regard (No I'm not saying he's going to be the next Tim Duncan). He's not the most explosive player, and won't really ever "dunk all over your face" ala Blake Griffin; but is just patient, and knows what to do when he's got the ball.
    And the footwork, and up-and-unders are all very similar as well.

Quote isaacthompson wrote:
    People say his finishing at the rim is bad, which is true. Luckily, strength is one of the easiest things to improve.
    Absolutely, but whats funny is he led the NCAA in FG% at the rim, with 75%.
    So I'm not sure 'Bad' is the right word to describe his game around the hoop. Lol
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Welcome to the board UG!

Thanks!

I may have a Canadian bias on it, and he looked over-matched in his last game, but I don't believe you can teach work ethic. Do I think AB has talent? Yes! He has a lot of talent.

Having a player like KO though who could have just ridden the pine at Zag instead of red-shirting, that speaks a lot about a player wanting to improve.

Talent is good, talent and hard work is better.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Completely predictable and expected update as Olynyk declares for draft:

http://www.gozags.com/ViewArticle.db...CLID=207326244

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quincy Acy > Kelly Olynyk

I seriously don't understand the fascination with KO. Oh yeah he's Canadian.

Anyhow, if the Raps really want to add a Canadian player on this team. They should trade for a mid/late 1st round pick and select Myck Kabongo. Kabongo actually would be perfect on this team because this team needs a backup PG.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyhow, if the Raps really want to add a Canadian player on this team. They should trade for a mid/late 1st round pick and select Myck Kabongo. Kabongo actually would be perfect on this team because this team needs a backup PG.
    I agree there's some bizarre obsession with just getting ANY canadian player on the team. It's silly.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, why would anyone like a lottery projected 7 footer who shows a developing post game, range out to NBA 3 point line, good IQ, and a work ethic that shows he has desire to continue to improve.....and he is Canadian.

I don't think anyone thinks he is the second coming of Tim Duncan, but he will be a solid player.

Kabongo would e great as a 3rd string PG for a year or two, it would give him time to develop and be better prepared for the NBA game, but I would not feel good if Lowry went down and Kabongo was starting, hello lottery again.

10. Like stretch, Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's weird that Canadians want a Candian on a Canadian team. I myself would like it a lot if a Dutch guy would be on the Raptors.

12. Like Joey liked this post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information