No announcement yet.

Targeting Kelly Olynyk (Canadian) in the draft can be a good move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed on Pangos. I don't think he's NBA-calibre....yet.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      I'm just saying his probably played against another 7 footer maybe a handful of a time. Which in the NBA happens every night. I just want to see him do against NBA caliber centers. He plays in the WCC.
      WCC rules! St. Marys won easily in the NCAA tournament last night. BYU beat Washington in the NIT. Go figure, Kentucky lost to Robert Morris!

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
        WCC rules! St. Marys won easily in the NCAA tournament last night. BYU beat Washington in the NIT. Go figure, Kentucky lost to Robert Morris!
        Their are a couple teams but, on a whole a lot of other conferences are better. All of Gonzaga's lost have come out of conference. They went undefeated in the WCC.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Agreed on Pangos. I don't think he's NBA-calibre....yet.
          I hope he stays one more year in college so that the Raps would have a chance at drafting him next year

One college PG that i would love to see in a Raptors jersey though is Aaron Craft. Steady, leader, great defender.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Kelly Olynyk has already got his shot blocked a couple times around the rim. The announcers just said his not use to playing against atheletes like this in the WCC.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Zaga would've been the 1st 1-seed ever to lose in Round of 64 today, if not for Olynyk. From what I say, he's really polished and has great footwork/patience in the post.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                Zaga would've been the 1st 1-seed ever to lose in Round of 64 today, if not for Olynyk. From what I say, he's really polished and has great footwork/patience in the post.
                If you watches the game you saw how hard it was for him to finish around the rim. That was Southern? He was the biggest player on the court but, struggled. His a back up center in the NBA.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

da game ah wuz watching had Kelly Olynyk as da bomb player. He came on strong in da second half ta secure da win...
                  Last edited by stretch; Thu Mar 21, 2013, 11:18 PM.

Comment

da game ah wuz watching had Kelly Olynyk as da bomb player. He came on strong in da second half ta secure da win all ye damn hood ratz..
                    English?
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

da game ah wuz watching had Kelly Olynyk as da bomb player. He came on strong in da second half ta secure da win...
                      Although your spelling needs a bit of work, I agree with what your're saying. He was dominant in the second half, but again it was a 16-seed team. Round of 32 against Colorado/Mizzou will be interesting to watch.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Yes Olynyk was dominant in the 2nd half but that was against SOUTHERN! A 16 seed team!! I don't think any of those guys would come close to making the NBA.

The only thing that stood up to me about Olynyk is his footwork. He's got a great footwork but that's all about it. In the NBA he'sll be nothing more than a backup big.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

His defense blows from what I've seen in highlights, and consider the competition/size of other centers. He will/would struggle in NBA, don't see any real potential except long range shooting. No offense guys.
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Do we really want to draft Alanis Morisette?

Comment

i could do without that long hair. He looks like the second coming of Chris "the caveman" Kaman

Comment

Let's see how they do today. The longer they stay in the tourney the higher Kelly's chances are of getting drafted higher. Is he a fit on the Raps? Why not. He can play in a 4-big rotation with JV, Amir, (insert name), and Olynyk.

As to Olynyk being compared to Bargs... why? Size, color, and shooting range aside, KO > AB. Why? WORK ETHIC. He may not be the most mobile big in the upcoming draft, but his work ethic alone is good sign. Let's not discount that he'd be a good Canadian face for the franchise. WORK ETHIC and high basketball IQ.

As for Pagnos, I do like him, but I don't see him getting drafted... sooooooo, the Raps might even be able to get him on the cheap as a training camp invite. He'd project as a 2nd-3rd string and would be a cheap Calderon clone.
                                Last edited by unknown guest; Sat Mar 23, 2013, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X