Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about Kabongo?

Comment

Sure, I'd take him. Maybe draft and stash?

Comment

unknown guest wrote: View Post
        Let's see how they do today. The longer they stay in the tourney the higher Kelly's chances are of getting drafted higher. Is he a fit on the Raps? Why not. He can play in a 4-big rotation with JV, Amir, (insert name), and Olynyk.

As to Olynyk being compared to Bargs... why? Size, color, and shooting range aside, KO > AB. Why? WORK ETHIC. He may not be the most mobile big in the upcoming draft, but his work ethic alone is good sign. Let's not discount that he'd be a good Canadian face for the franchise. WORK ETHIC and high basketball IQ.

As for Pagnos, I do like him, but I don't see him getting drafted... sooooooo, the Raps might even be able to get him on the cheap as a training camp invite. He'd project as a 2nd-3rd string and would be a cheap Calderon clone.
        KO can't even clean AB's shoes.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Wow i know Raptors fans hate Bargnani but the KO > AB comment is just stupid. Olynyk is not a better player than Bargnani and he will never be a better player than Bargnani. Just like the poster above me said - KO can't even clean AB's shoes.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            KO can't even clean AB's shoes.
            TRex wrote: View Post
            Olynyk is not a better player than Bargnani and he will never be a better player than Bargnani. Just like the poster above me said - KO can't even clean AB's shoes.

I truly don't understand these comments.
            You guys should truly be NBA scouts, as you clearly know something all of us, and most NBA scouts don't.

Comment

Watching this Gonzaga-Wichita game. He's struggling at the rim again. This is a scary trend.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                Watching this Gonzaga-Wichita game. He's struggling at the rim again. This is a scary trend.
                He shot 66% from the field, scoring 18ppg this season. I don't think a 2 game sample is enough to be a cause for alarm.

Related: NCAA referees are fucking atrocious.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                  He shot 66% from the field, scoring 18ppg this season. I don't think a 2 game sample is enough to be a cause for alarm.

Related: NCAA referees are fucking atrocious.
                  Most of those games were against the WCC. 2 two past games his played against atheletes he never did during the regular season. The announcers have all been saying that. As pure talent you can't mention AB and Olynyk in the same sentence.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Zags are finished. The tourney this year is crazy.

Looks like these two games is what we're left with for our final impression of Olynyk.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                      Zags are finished. The tourney this year is crazy.

Looks like these two games is what we're left with for our final impression of Olynyk.
                      Gonzaga fell apart late. Their guard play really let them down. Stockton was terrible. They basically left him wide open and he would not shoot. Wichita State made some crazy threes.

Pretty disappointed with the way Pangos played. Olynynk was fine but, man, he missed some easy shots. Zags are a two-man team. Too easy to stop.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        Wow i know Raptors fans hate Bargnani but the KO > AB comment is just stupid. Olynyk is not a better player than Bargnani and he will never be a better player than Bargnani. Just like the poster above me said - KO can't even clean AB's shoes.
                        Let's see in a few years. If by his 3rd year KO hasn't eclipsed AB, then I buy you a drink.

Comment

• unknown guest wrote: View Post
                          Let's see in a few years. If by his 3rd year KO hasn't eclipsed AB, then I buy you a drink.
                          Welcome to the board UG!

And I'm with you on KO for sure. He's got the tools and the smarts to only improve and adapt at the NBA level.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            Welcome to the board UG!

And I'm with you on KO for sure. He's got the tools and the smarts to only improve and adapt at the NBA level.
                            I agree with you, I don't understand all of his criticisms. He's got great fundamentals, and has great patience in the post, which is a huge advantage. People say his finishing at the rim is bad, which is true. Luckily, strength is one of the easiest things to improve.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                              I agree with you, I don't understand all of his criticisms. He's got great fundamentals, and has great patience in the post, which is a huge advantage.
                              He actually reminds me alot of Tim Duncan in this regard (No I'm not saying he's going to be the next Tim Duncan). He's not the most explosive player, and won't really ever "dunk all over your face" ala Blake Griffin; but is just patient, and knows what to do when he's got the ball.
                              And the footwork, and up-and-unders are all very similar as well.

isaacthompson wrote:
                              People say his finishing at the rim is bad, which is true. Luckily, strength is one of the easiest things to improve.
                              Absolutely, but whats funny is he led the NCAA in FG% at the rim, with 75%.
                              So I'm not sure 'Bad' is the right word to describe his game around the hoop. Lol

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                Welcome to the board UG!

Thanks!

I may have a Canadian bias on it, and he looked over-matched in his last game, but I don't believe you can teach work ethic. Do I think AB has talent? Yes! He has a lot of talent.

Having a player like KO though who could have just ridden the pine at Zag instead of red-shirting, that speaks a lot about a player wanting to improve.

Talent is good, talent and hard work is better.

Comment

Working...
                                X