Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: GT: Toronto @ Boston

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default GT: Toronto @ Boston

Bargnani likely played his last game as a Raptor, so now the raptors will start winning again. Rudy Gay is probably for tonight. Boston has lost 2 in a row and lost last night to Charlotte by 26, you can bet they're gonna go all out tonight.
    Discuss.

*the white smoke went at the Vatican. Pope John Lucas III sounds pretty good.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My discussion.....Fuck Boston. I hate Boston. Burn that mothafucka down!!!!!

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We're going to be really in tough without our best player Bargnani. His stifling D, lights out 3 point shooting and clutch late game play will be sorely missed. At least our next best player will be in tonight to shoot 25 shots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We're going to be really in tough without our best player Bargnani. His stifling D, lights out 3 point shooting and clutch late game play will be sorely missed. At least our next best player will be in tonight to shoot 25 shots.
    You mean Alan Anderson??

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly see another loss. Only thing keeping me in watching this game is I write for another website, and I want to see if Casey actually runs Ross and Valanciunas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    You mean Alan Anderson??
    He's our 3rd best player.

I meant John Lucas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I honestly see another loss. Only thing keeping me in watching this game is I write for another website, and I want to see if Casey actually runs Ross and Valanciunas.
    I'm confident with Boston's roster that Ross should get some run. Boston does not go very big...

That worries me with JV. That Casey will think KG is too quick for him....but KG is going to be rough for Amir to guard all night. KG is actually A FAKE TOUGH GUY. If you beat on him, he tucks his tail between his legs and gets quiet. Amir can match him, but can't intimidate him. I don't know if JV can, but I'd like to see how he responds physically, because he definitely has the tools to push KG around.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm confident with Boston's roster that Ross should get some run. Boston does not go very big...

That worries me with JV. That Casey will think KG is too quick for him....but KG is going to be rough for Amir to guard all night. KG is actually A FAKE TOUGH GUY. If you beat on him, he tucks his tail between his legs and gets quiet. Amir can match him, but can't intimidate him. I don't know if JV can, but I'd like to see how he responds physically, because he definitely has the tools to push KG around.
    JV since returning from injury seems to have a KG-esque demeanor (emotional, aggressive, seeming angry/focused).

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I please ask that everyone at RR go back to referring to the Celtics as the "C**tics"? I miss those days....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Can I please ask that everyone at RR go back to referring to the Celtics as the "C**tics"? I miss those days....
    It would be too complimentary to c**ts....

11. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Boston Cunts. Oops, sorry, Mod mistake. lol

Post Thanks / Like

It would be too complimentary to c**ts....
    I believe that was the original intention
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    JV since returning from injury seems to have a KG-esque demeanor (emotional, aggressive, seeming angry/focused).
    Ya, minus the stupid yapping. I have no problem with trash talking...KG's style is very, I don't know, bullyish and pitiful. Even a guy like Payton, who was super cocky and one of the best trash talkers ever, never seemed like that. More like a confidence of "why are you even trying, man? you ain't gonna win"....KG is more like "look at me! look at me! I'm loud and angry and my head is shiny!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I believe that was the original intention
    I can't do it...it's not a bad enough word.

What's worse than calling someone a c**t?...though the spelling might not fit anymore...Fuck I hate them

Post Thanks / Like

The funny thing is I didn't hate Boston until the Pierce-Walker era. I like their history and tradition. This modern incarnation has ruined it, not complimented/extended it, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

The funny thing is I didn't hate Boston until the Pierce-Walker era. I like their history and tradition. This modern incarnation has ruined it, not complimented/extended it, IMO.
    How have they ruined it?

Post Thanks / Like

The kind of style they were playing when they won, and the way they acted on the court....Man, I don't think I've ever hated to watch a team play basketball more. Not the 80s bad boy Pistons. Not the endless years of slow, bruising defensive teams in the East that came after it especially the Riley-led Knicks and Heat. Not anybody. I literally constantly wished for players of theirs to get injured. I kept hoping someone would stop taking KG's shit and beat his skinny ass into retirement.

I did not hate the old Celtics teams. I have not seen super old Russell-led teams, so I can't speak to that, although clearly they were solid defensively. The Bird teams were very fun to watch. And they showed toughness by beating you, not being louder and dirtier. I remember watching them play the Pistons. Laimbeer elbowed Bird in the nose and made him bloody. Bird's response...go to the bench, get cleaned up, come back AND NOT MISS A SHOT on his way to scoring something like 44 points. They played with class. This Celtics team has less class than an incestuous trailer park orgy.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Boston is trying to drop to the 7th spot. They do not want to face the pacers in the first round, that's my hypothesis
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Boston is trying to drop to the 7th spot. They do not want to face the pacers in the first round, that's my hypothesis
    If that's their strategy, it could backfire and have them fall to 8th (facing Miami).

21. Like white men can't jump liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Raps taking this 2day.
    --

http://www.nba.com/raptors/mastercard

A chance to meet GM Bryan ....

---

Thread Information