GT: Toronto @ Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    The funny thing is I didn't hate Boston until the Pierce-Walker era. I like their history and tradition. This modern incarnation has ruined it, not complimented/extended it, IMO.
    How have they ruined it?
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

The kind of style they were playing when they won, and the way they acted on the court....Man, I don't think I've ever hated to watch a team play basketball more. Not the 80s bad boy Pistons. Not the endless years of slow, bruising defensive teams in the East that came after it especially the Riley-led Knicks and Heat. Not anybody. I literally constantly wished for players of theirs to get injured. I kept hoping someone would stop taking KG's shit and beat his skinny ass into retirement.

I did not hate the old Celtics teams. I have not seen super old Russell-led teams, so I can't speak to that, although clearly they were solid defensively. The Bird teams were very fun to watch. And they showed toughness by beating you, not being louder and dirtier. I remember watching them play the Pistons. Laimbeer elbowed Bird in the nose and made him bloody. Bird's response...go to the bench, get cleaned up, come back AND NOT MISS A SHOT on his way to scoring something like 44 points. They played with class. This Celtics team has less class than an incestuous trailer park orgy.

Comment

Boston is trying to drop to the 7th spot. They do not want to face the pacers in the first round, that's my hypothesis

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          Boston is trying to drop to the 7th spot. They do not want to face the pacers in the first round, that's my hypothesis
          If that's their strategy, it could backfire and have them fall to 8th (facing Miami).

Comment

Raps taking this 2day.
            --

http://www.nba.com/raptors/mastercard

A chance to meet GM Bryan ....

---

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              If that's their strategy, it could backfire and have them fall to 8th (facing Miami).
              That will be hilarious. I hope it does back fire, but I kind of want to see a Boston vs pacers brawl

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                Bargnani likely played his last game as a Raptor, so now the raptors will start winning again. Rudy Gay is probably for tonight. Boston has lost 2 in a row and lost last night to Charlotte by 26, you can bet they're gonna go all out tonight.
                Discuss.

*the white smoke went at the Vatican. Pope John Lucas III sounds pretty good.
                They rested pierce (not sure who else) last night

Comment

That will be hilarious. I hope it does back fire, but I kind of want to see a Boston vs pacers brawl
                  +1 hate both teams

Comment

I think the Raps actually have a chance today. Did anyone notice the Celtics get completely dismantled by Charlotte last night? Losing to the Bobcats is bad enough, but they lost by 26. I mean come on. I understand they rested Pierce but the talent level of the Boston team is still way higher than that of the shitty Bobcats. They have to be coming into this game somewhat discouraged.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                      I think the Raps actually have a chance today. Did anyone notice the Celtics get completely dismantled by Charlotte last night? Losing to the Bobcats is bad enough, but they lost by 26. I mean come on. I understand they rested Pierce but the talent level of the Boston team is still way higher than that of the shitty Bobcats. They have to be coming into this game somewhat discouraged.
                      Well I think this lose just shows how much is important Pierce talent for Celtics team. + If Garnett struggled vs cats... But yes I think same too, raps have chance in game, and big one, hope rudy plays 2day.

Comment

Rudy's playing.
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Jonas keeps getting lost in PnR coverages
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

JV little bit confused today

Comment

Ross attacking the rim!

Comment

Only if he would do that more often