Is Andrew Wiggins realistic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darien wrote: View Post
    We had a realistic chance at Wiggins until BC went into win now mode, trading away picks and developing players for what would help us get to .500 for next year. I'm still not even sold on that. The one thing BC was supposed to do but didn't was to get rid of Bargnani somehow and he couldn't pull that off. I still have dreams where we were shit this season, traded Bargs for anything and just tanked for Wiggins. I would be able to wait two years for a franchise player people are comparing to Lebron as well as sitting on young talent and picks to build an elite team, but for some reason that isn't acceptable to people who just want to sniff the playoffs to save their jobs *cough* BC *cough*
    we already have that franchise player who was heavily compared to lebron. telfair.

Comment

Even after all of BC's wrangling, we're still only a few games out of third last in the NBA. We can tank this mofo, we just have to go out and do it.

Comment

This team is terrible. If OKC gets our pick this year, there is an excellent chance that they don't improve next year, and hit the jackpot in the lottery even though Colangelo is trying to make the playoffs.

So many of you seem to accept that BC deserves (for some reason) another year at the helm. Believe in his ineptitude people. Maybe in will work in our favour for a change.

Comment

Even after all of BC's wrangling, we're still only a few games out of third last in the NBA. We can tank this mofo, we just have to go out and do it.
          The problem is Lowry-DeRozan-Gay-Valanciunas are very likely to be back next season and they need time together to learn to play well as a unit. I'd rather they spend the time this season when it does not matter then next when the Raptors will aspire to a playoff spot.

Comment

Remember that Wiggins will likely be in the 2014 draft....not the upcoming draft.

Comment

Yeah, I'm saying lets get our pick back now and have another piece pre-Wiggins. I dream.

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                yeah but the hype wiggins has got and will continue to get is similar to that of lebron. maybe this is just me, and i dont really follow high school or college hoops, but i dont remember hearing about anthony davis or kyrie irving when they were in grade 11
                I agree, I mentioned that it was a combo of both patriotism, and hype in a later post.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Just to start a conspiracy theory:

Lebron James from Ohio gets drafted by the Cavs
                  Derrick Rose from Chicago gets drafted by the Bulls

Maybe Stern will put the fix in for us
                  @RavNation

Comment

YYZ wrote: View Post

Assuming the Kings move to Seattle. I think Wiggins is Seattle bound.

Think about it. The NBA robbed Seattle of an NBA team. That Seattle team had a young Kevin Durant playing for them. So if the Kings move to Seattle, the NBA i bet would love to make up with SuperSonics fans and what's the best way to do it? Andrew Wiggins.

As for the Raptors, if they start the season 4-19 again next year. I say CLEAN HOUSE and go for either Wiggins or Parker. Doubt that would happen though because this team has ENOUGH talent to be a top 6 team in the East.
                    Last edited by The Great One; Sat Mar 16, 2013, 06:31 PM.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

YYZ wrote: View Post

We're out of luck. Stern is set to retire Feb. 1, 2014.

Comment

Some are probably thinking enough of Wiggins and mix tapes already but I think this latest one shows AW is getting physically stronger.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                          Some are probably thinking enough of Wiggins and mix tapes already but I think this latest one shows AW is getting physically stronger.

Saw this yesterday. One of the best mixtapes I've seen in a while.
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

the BC inspiration: add players each year and sell the hope of the unit just needing time to gel.

How about a unit that works well together right off the hop?
                            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

AW's brother Nick is playing tonight in March Madness for Wichita State.

Comment

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...st-Videos-4126

All dunks from McD HS A-A Game here.

WIggins stole the show with dunk #2 IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X