Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosh: I'm the kind of player you can build around (ESPN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh: I'm the kind of player you can build around (ESPN)

Courtesy of TrueHoops' Mark Stein - Link

“That’s a good question,” Bosh said when asked by ESPN The Magazine’s Ric Bucher if he’s bothered by the widespread perception that he’s determined to follow either LeBron James or Dwyane Wade by signing on with one of the teams they choose starting July 1.

“It’s funny you say that, because I was thinking about it. I was just looking at what people say and it’s like, ‘Chris is going to go here and play with him or this, this and that.’ I’m like, ‘Wait a minute.’ I feel like I should be built around. And maybe that’s just my ego talking, but I feel that I’m a very good player in this league and I’m only going to get better. So … maybe we should be getting somebody [in Toronto].”
    On the topic of lobbying and recruiting...

Said Wade when asked during his own taping Thursday about behind-the-scenes lobbying: “It goes on at every All-Star Weekend. It’s been going on for the last couple [All-Star] weekends. It’s always fun to recruit. Everybody’s recruiting.”
    RR OG

yea. being "the man" of the team is often understated. kudos to our boy. and people seem to forget that vince did re-sign with us, back when he was still called heir jordan.

Comment

Nice reply...shows he has an aversion to playing second fiddle...and thats what he'd be no matter where LBJ would join him and the same to Wade in Miamibecause thats Wade's town.

I have often thought it a bit strange that there would never be even hint of one of the biggies coming to TO and joining what is becoming a pretty good team. I mean the challenge of putting an international/foreign city into NBA history and the money that could be made from that should be attractive enough...no? Are you listening LBJ?

Comment

This is the kind of stuff I love to hear. I am starting to think Bosh really wants to be in Toronto. I think Colangelo needs to make a trade at the deadline. It doesn't necessarily have to be a blockbuster but he needs to do something to try and give this team an edge.

Comment

There's the quote I've been looking for. The one that can be placed in responses to idiots assuming Bosh is going to come to their city for a shoestring and a piece of gum.

Comment

I love the "So … maybe we should be getting somebody [in Toronto]." line.

We should all send emails to ESPN starting rumours that Wade, CP3, LBJ or Kobe are coming to Toronto to play with Bosh. LOL

Comment

I heard this morning on the radio that everyone and their uncle who write about basketball in Dallas is saying they know for certain he's outta here, but he's never suggested it in any way. I'm thinking if he just blatantly bolts in the summer with no regard to what BC is trying to build here and no consideration....he might be in VCs class or even higher in the fans doghouse. At least VC didnt lead us on , he just quit and wanted out. Bosh is giving a lot of effort and the team is supporting him as the leader for years to come, if he leaves, its gonna be hard.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                This is the kind of stuff I love to hear. I am starting to think Bosh really wants to be in Toronto. I think Colangelo needs to make a trade at the deadline. It doesn't necessarily have to be a blockbuster but he needs to do something to try and give this team an edge.
                Yeah but who do u give up ?
                "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Working...
                X