Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gay having "vision issues"

Post Thanks / Like

Aw, c'mon. Really?

My Colangelo b.s. detector is flashing red...

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Aw, c'mon. Really?

When does it not?

Raptors Republic Rookie RobertArchibald's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Beaverboi wrote: View Post
    Vision issues for a pro athlete is BS. These guys can afford laser.Most places even have low monthly financing for guys like Marbury who can hardly afford to pay insurance on all their cars.
    Vision issues for pro athletes is definitely NOT BS. Now, I'm not saying that this story isn't (seems a little too coincidental) but, as someone who has had vision problems that can't be fixed through laser surgery (vision continuously deteriorates, therefore not stable enough to correct) and also can't wear contacts, it is very frustrating and absolutely affects performance. Depth perception is altered and reaction time is slower due to processing information a fraction slower. This could explain Rudy's brutal % when shooting from distance as well as his high turnover rate when dribbling in traffic, however, that seems way too easy to fix and still won't change his work ethic and decision making. All that said, we don't know what he's seeing so best not to jump to conclusions.
    There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Post Thanks / Like

Most likely he went to the optometrist and got a new prescription, just like a large quantity of the "normal" population. Athletes have eyesight issues too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    More like Danny Schayes probably. Ready to hit the beach.

Looks like a young Clancy Brown... you know the guy that played Jaws

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Eyesight can definitely effect shooting(personal experience).

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Please don't tell me this stuff isn't orchestrated for some effect.

The same day a news release comes out about Gay's vision problems, there is also one on the main page of RealGM about his back problems. Just about every player in the NBA is banged up at this time of year, but why are there 2 stories on Rudy Gay, specifically, on the same day? Now we all knew he was having some back spasm issues, but why the wide circulation of this story?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...By-Back-Injury

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    What? Gay showing symptoms of old-age already?

I think your latter explanation is more likely, regrettably. Ever notice how the Raps have a disproportionate amount of headlines on Hoopshype, Realgm, local papers, blogs, etc... in comparison to their irrelevance to the NBA landscape. Hmmm, somebody has to be leaking all that stuff to make it look there's a lot of activity going on here in Toronto (except winning).
    I had perfect eyesight until a slow decline started around age 22. I didn't really notice it until I started taking classes again at 25, sat in the back of the class as usual, then realized the board was a big blurry mess. I'd also notice it at games when I couldn't read the scoreboard on the other side of the arena.
    So yes, Rudy Gay is showing old age issues related to his eyes at the exact same time it happens to a large percentage of the populous, in our 20's.

Back issues is a common problem in Athletes of all ages. At least Rudy is out there playing through the pain and doing the best he can. He has a lot more heart than Bargs ever did.

Post Thanks / Like

I wear goggles. There shouldn't be much on this topic. Lots of players wear contacts, and like I said, goggles are starting to grow in the game of basketball in general. Vision issues is your everyday issue regardless of sports!

Don't put too much on this topic, although the back IS the issue.

10. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The same day a news release comes out about Gay's vision problems, there is also one on the main page of RealGM about his back problems. Just about every player in the NBA is banged up at this time of year, but why are there 2 stories on Rudy Gay, specifically, on the same day? Now we all knew he was having some back spasm issues, but why the wide circulation of this story?

Did you write this with your tin foil hat on? I also heard Colangelo was the gunman on the grassy nole.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

how are stories about a respectable player's possible injuries suspect at all? 2 stories is considered "wide circulation"?

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it at all possible that Gay actually does have deteriorating eye sight, but didn't realize it until now? I think so.

Like Reuben said, not a big deal. Figure out his prescription, get him some contacts/glasses, and get on with our day.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    how are stories about a respectable player's possible injuries suspect at all? 2 stories is considered "wide circulation"?
    I think it's pretty obvious to many, but let me spell it out. There have been a series of negative articles in the last few weeks, specifically questioning the Gay acquisition, his poor shooting, and how much he actually helps/hurts the team. There have also been a bunch of articles on how Memphis is better off without Gay. So, let's say BC is pitching the idea to extend Gay to the board, and they are reading all this negative stuff about Rudy, well there has to be 'some' explanation for the poor shooting. Even though it's been pointed out many times he's been an inefficient shooter for his whole career. The point of these articles would seem to be to make it look like Gay's offensive inefficiency is some sort of an aberration due to injury, rather than the fact he has increased his usage with the Raps which makes his efficiency even worse than bad, but it is exactly what should have been expected.

Not sure if this qualifies as 'conspiracy theorizing' or simply 'baseless speculation', but hey, that's what these boards are for.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I wear goggles. There shouldn't be much on this topic. Lots of players wear contacts, and like I said, goggles are starting to grow in the game of basketball in general. Vision issues is your everyday issue regardless of sports!

Don't put too much on this topic, although the back IS the issue.
    yeah, vision can be a real issue, but also can be corrected easily enough. Back problems are a big time concern, and exactly the kind of thing you worry about with a guy that tall and skinny. Gotta get that under check this summer. It should be something he can work on to help prevent, hopefully.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's pretty obvious to many, but let me spell it out. There have been a series of negative articles in the last few weeks, specifically questioning the Gay acquisition, his poor shooting, and how much he actually helps/hurts the team. There have also been a bunch of articles on how Memphis is better off without Gay. So, let's say BC is pitching the idea to extend Gay to the board, and they are reading all this negative stuff about Rudy, well there has to be 'some' explanation for the poor shooting. Even though it's been pointed out many times he's been an inefficient shooter for his whole career. The point of these articles would seem to be to make it look like Gay's offensive inefficiency is some sort of an aberration due to injury, rather than the fact he has increased his usage with the Raps which makes his efficiency even worse than bad, but it is exactly what should have been expected.

Not sure if this qualifies as 'conspiracy theorizing' or simply 'baseless speculation', but hey, that's what these boards are for.
    I would've thought that a report revealing Bargnani's bout with The Plague come out before Gay's eyesight
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Aw, c'mon. Really?

There is a point at which cynicism & skepticism becomes an illness.

18. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Should I be moderating vast conspiracy theories? Is that one of my new jobs?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    Damn.

Is Kobe's ankle sprain bad enough to make him go white?
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I wear goggles when i ball cause of vision issues. My friends call me Kirk Hinrich ok maybe not
    Lol exact same with me.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

22. Like NoPropsneeded liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    People are mixing their metaphors here. It's not conspiracy theories, it's rampant speculation and baseless conjecture. lol. I'm not taking it too seriously.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information