Gay having "vision issues"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post
    Please don't tell me this stuff isn't orchestrated for some effect.

The same day a news release comes out about Gay's vision problems, there is also one on the main page of RealGM about his back problems. Just about every player in the NBA is banged up at this time of year, but why are there 2 stories on Rudy Gay, specifically, on the same day? Now we all knew he was having some back spasm issues, but why the wide circulation of this story?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...By-Back-Injury
    how are stories about a respectable player's possible injuries suspect at all? 2 stories is considered "wide circulation"?

Comment

Isn't it at all possible that Gay actually does have deteriorating eye sight, but didn't realize it until now? I think so.

Like Reuben said, not a big deal. Figure out his prescription, get him some contacts/glasses, and get on with our day.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
        how are stories about a respectable player's possible injuries suspect at all? 2 stories is considered "wide circulation"?
        I think it's pretty obvious to many, but let me spell it out. There have been a series of negative articles in the last few weeks, specifically questioning the Gay acquisition, his poor shooting, and how much he actually helps/hurts the team. There have also been a bunch of articles on how Memphis is better off without Gay. So, let's say BC is pitching the idea to extend Gay to the board, and they are reading all this negative stuff about Rudy, well there has to be 'some' explanation for the poor shooting. Even though it's been pointed out many times he's been an inefficient shooter for his whole career. The point of these articles would seem to be to make it look like Gay's offensive inefficiency is some sort of an aberration due to injury, rather than the fact he has increased his usage with the Raps which makes his efficiency even worse than bad, but it is exactly what should have been expected.

Not sure if this qualifies as 'conspiracy theorizing' or simply 'baseless speculation', but hey, that's what these boards are for.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
          I wear goggles. There shouldn't be much on this topic. Lots of players wear contacts, and like I said, goggles are starting to grow in the game of basketball in general. Vision issues is your everyday issue regardless of sports!

Don't put too much on this topic, although the back IS the issue.
          yeah, vision can be a real issue, but also can be corrected easily enough. Back problems are a big time concern, and exactly the kind of thing you worry about with a guy that tall and skinny. Gotta get that under check this summer. It should be something he can work on to help prevent, hopefully.

Comment

I think it's pretty obvious to many, but let me spell it out. There have been a series of negative articles in the last few weeks, specifically questioning the Gay acquisition, his poor shooting, and how much he actually helps/hurts the team. There have also been a bunch of articles on how Memphis is better off without Gay. So, let's say BC is pitching the idea to extend Gay to the board, and they are reading all this negative stuff about Rudy, well there has to be 'some' explanation for the poor shooting. Even though it's been pointed out many times he's been an inefficient shooter for his whole career. The point of these articles would seem to be to make it look like Gay's offensive inefficiency is some sort of an aberration due to injury, rather than the fact he has increased his usage with the Raps which makes his efficiency even worse than bad, but it is exactly what should have been expected.

Not sure if this qualifies as 'conspiracy theorizing' or simply 'baseless speculation', but hey, that's what these boards are for.
            I would've thought that a report revealing Bargnani's bout with The Plague come out before Gay's eyesight

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
              Aw, c'mon. Really?

My Colangelo b.s. detector is flashing red...
              Please don't tell me this stuff isn't orchestrated for some effect.

The same day a news release comes out about Gay's vision problems, there is also one on the main page of RealGM about his back problems. Just about every player in the NBA is banged up at this time of year, but why are there 2 stories on Rudy Gay, specifically, on the same day? Now we all knew he was having some back spasm issues, but why the wide circulation of this story?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...By-Back-Injury

There is a point at which cynicism & skepticism becomes an illness.

Comment

Should I be moderating vast conspiracy theories? Is that one of my new jobs?
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  Damn.

Is Kobe's ankle sprain bad enough to make him go white?

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    I wear goggles when i ball cause of vision issues. My friends call me Kirk Hinrich ok maybe not
                    Lol exact same with me.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                      People are mixing their metaphors here. It's not conspiracy theories, it's rampant speculation and baseless conjecture. lol. I'm not taking it too seriously.

Comment

My only concern here is, if Gay's back is not 100% why is he playing? why take the risk? why not just shut him down for the rest of the season? this season is over. Raps are not going to make the playoffs.

As for Gay's "vision issues" not too worried about it. Contact lens, goggles...etc..there's a lot of things you can do.

Btw, Gay looked pretty good tonight.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                          Lol exact same with me.
                          you too? Damn and i was starting to feel special for a second there

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                            My only concern here is, if Gay's back is not 100% why is he playing? why take the risk? why not just shut him down for the rest of the season? this season is over. Raps are not going to make the playoffs.

As for Gay's "vision issues" not too worried about it. Contact lens, goggles...etc..there's a lot of things you can do.

Btw, Gay looked pretty good tonight.
                            He still needs to get himself fully comfortable, and integrated into the team and the system. Those things will and might change in the off-season, but getting use to the core guys in a time where basically playoffs are a no show - although, not mathematically eliminated YET, but so unlikely - is a good time for him to not worry so much about the pressure of sneaking into the playoffs, and trying to fit in.

I believe the team should shut down Lowry and Gay down the end of the season barring any injuries, or their proneness to injuries, which allows time to show case whether or not Telfair is the back-up, and time for Ross to get in.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                            X