Thread: Trey Thompkins Waived

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Trey Thompkins Waived

The Clippers waived 6'10" PF Trey Thompkins
    http://www.thescore.com/nba/articles...ured-thompkins

Should the raptors pick him up? he was the 37th pick in the 2011 draft.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh. It depends. If they want to bring Acy back up, I don't see the point. THey already have enough young players who need time and touches, and they can always pick someone up if another injury arises, or they shut someone like Gay down for the season. The only real reason to do it would be if they needed another body.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Meh. It depends. If they want to bring Acy back up, I don't see the point. THey already have enough young players who need time and touches, and they can always pick someone up if another injury arises, or they shut someone like Gay down for the season. The only real reason to do it would be if they needed another body.
    Well he brings size at the PF position. IMO the Raps should take a flyer on him, we don't really have anything to lose. Its not like he's a D leaguer and he hasn't really had a fair shake in the nba because of an injury and having to play behind Griffin and Odom. Plus he has 3 years of college experience so he's not completely raw and he's only 22

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thompkins never got his opportunity in LA because of injury. At this point, we already have Acy as that 3rd stringer (assuming Bargnani is still here, or he brings back value) and bringing in another big to play little to no time isn't an issue.

Just re-call Acy back up.

Post Thanks / Like

We already did but our front court is way too small. We need more size and length Acy is only 6'8 and Amir is around 6'9. Idk about you guys but i like what i see in Trey Thompkins.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Well he brings size at the PF position. IMO the Raps should take a flyer on him, we don't really have anything to lose. Its not like he's a D leaguer and he hasn't really had a fair shake in the nba because of an injury and having to play behind Griffin and Odom. Plus he has 3 years of college experience so he's not completely raw and he's only 22
    WE don't, but the team does, in the sense that why the hell would they pay somebody who might not even see a total of 48 minutes of floor time in his stay in Toronto? Casey is not hugely comfortable playing the young guys he already has, why would he make the effort to work in an end of season signing? This is nothing against Thompkins, it just seems to serve no purpose to the Raptors, unless they really believe they need another body, for fouls and emergencies. Again though, why would they care about that and add salary when games don't matter anymore?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    We already did but our front court is way too small. We need more size and length Acy is only 6'8 and Amir is around 6'9. Idk about you guys but i like what i see in Trey Thompkins.
    Then they can just invite him to their summer league team.

8. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like