Trey Thompkins Waived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I suppose there's no harm in taking a flyer on him, but I don't expect anything to come of it. For a player like Thompkins (or Acy for that matter) to really develop, the team needs to make a commitment to actually....you know....develop them, which means consistent minutes.

I don't see that happening here.
    Yea i know what you mean. ol Dwane Casey loves to plays those scrubs he calls Veterans

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
      Save moves for off season. The only D League young player I want to see picked up is "Kris Jospeh" yes Im still on about this!

Invite them both to the summer league Roster to play alongside Ross, JV and Acy to fill out the roster and offer a legit spot as a Raptor to one of them.
      Quite frankly, I don't want to see anymore D-League players on this roster, PERIOD. I personally don't think Acy belongs in the NBADL, especially the way he was able to help out the team when he got minutes on the boards, and defensively. Eh, just my opinion.

And to NoPropsNeeded's comment, MLE should be used on veterans, role players, etc. Guys like a Tony Allen, Randy Foye, Carlos Delfino, Corey Brewer, Matt Barnes, Elton Brand, Brandan Wright, Jason Maxiell, Zaza Pachulia, Samuel Dalembert, Nazr Mohammed (These are names of possible free agents this Summer). Veterans, role players, guys that have experience, guys that have won/been in winning cultures, established as NBA players in the league, and guys that can contribute in spot time/roles.
      Looking at guys like Lucas III, and Anderson - who have awesome stories, and inspirational journeys to get to where they are now - are guys that are too inconsistent, and or feel they have free reign to "prove themselves" to get their name out there. If shots are falling, good, if they don't, it hurts the team. My point is, no need trying to bring up players who don't fit a certain need, and who are looking to earn/prove their way into a team, especially at the expense of another team's player's development, minutes, opportunities. Leave that to the injured teams, and or young teams trying to find any talent on their roster, like the Bobcats, or the Suns.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        Quite frankly, I don't want to see anymore D-League players on this roster, PERIOD. I personally don't think Acy belongs in the NBADL, especially the way he was able to help out the team when he got minutes on the boards, and defensively. Eh, just my opinion.

And to NoPropsNeeded's comment, MLE should be used on veterans, role players, etc. Guys like a Tony Allen, Randy Foye, Carlos Delfino, Corey Brewer, Matt Barnes, Elton Brand, Brandan Wright, Jason Maxiell, Zaza Pachulia, Samuel Dalembert, Nazr Mohammed (These are names of possible free agents this Summer). Veterans, role players, guys that have experience, guys that have won/been in winning cultures, established as NBA players in the league, and guys that can contribute in spot time/roles.
        Looking at guys like Lucas III, and Anderson - who have awesome stories, and inspirational journeys to get to where they are now - are guys that are too inconsistent, and or feel they have free reign to "prove themselves" to get their name out there. If shots are falling, good, if they don't, it hurts the team. My point is, no need trying to bring up players who don't fit a certain need, and who are looking to earn/prove their way into a team, especially at the expense of another team's player's development, minutes, opportunities. Leave that to the injured teams, and or young teams trying to find any talent on their roster, like the Bobcats, or the Suns.
        I disagree. This roster is not ready for us to now go ahead and spend our remaining money on role players that we know what were getting out of them. Its too difficult to win in today's NBA if your roster cant compete with the best of them. If we're going to lose flexibility with the Gay trade, then add players who are cheap and have potential. Find players who haven't been given a chance and hope to find something special. Don't pretend like were like the Heat or Thunder and we should be going out and getting complementary players. Not at that level yet.

Comment

Working...
        X