X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trey Thompkins Waived

The Clippers waived 6'10" PF Trey Thompkins
    http://www.thescore.com/nba/articles...ured-thompkins

Should the raptors pick him up? he was the 37th pick in the 2011 draft.

Meh. It depends. If they want to bring Acy back up, I don't see the point. THey already have enough young players who need time and touches, and they can always pick someone up if another injury arises, or they shut someone like Gay down for the season. The only real reason to do it would be if they needed another body.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Meh. It depends. If they want to bring Acy back up, I don't see the point. THey already have enough young players who need time and touches, and they can always pick someone up if another injury arises, or they shut someone like Gay down for the season. The only real reason to do it would be if they needed another body.
      Well he brings size at the PF position. IMO the Raps should take a flyer on him, we don't really have anything to lose. Its not like he's a D leaguer and he hasn't really had a fair shake in the nba because of an injury and having to play behind Griffin and Odom. Plus he has 3 years of college experience so he's not completely raw and he's only 22

Comment

Thompkins never got his opportunity in LA because of injury. At this point, we already have Acy as that 3rd stringer (assuming Bargnani is still here, or he brings back value) and bringing in another big to play little to no time isn't an issue.

Just re-call Acy back up.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

We already did but our front court is way too small. We need more size and length Acy is only 6'8 and Amir is around 6'9. Idk about you guys but i like what i see in Trey Thompkins.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            Well he brings size at the PF position. IMO the Raps should take a flyer on him, we don't really have anything to lose. Its not like he's a D leaguer and he hasn't really had a fair shake in the nba because of an injury and having to play behind Griffin and Odom. Plus he has 3 years of college experience so he's not completely raw and he's only 22
            WE don't, but the team does, in the sense that why the hell would they pay somebody who might not even see a total of 48 minutes of floor time in his stay in Toronto? Casey is not hugely comfortable playing the young guys he already has, why would he make the effort to work in an end of season signing? This is nothing against Thompkins, it just seems to serve no purpose to the Raptors, unless they really believe they need another body, for fouls and emergencies. Again though, why would they care about that and add salary when games don't matter anymore?

Comment

We already did but our front court is way too small. We need more size and length Acy is only 6'8 and Amir is around 6'9. Idk about you guys but i like what i see in Trey Thompkins.
              Then they can just invite him to their summer league team.

Comment

WE don't, but the team does, in the sense that why the hell would they pay somebody who might not even see a total of 48 minutes of floor time in his stay in Toronto? Casey is not hugely comfortable playing the young guys he already has, why would he make the effort to work in an end of season signing?
                For next season tryout? with our cap space issues it would be better trying to find a diamond in the rough

Comment

Then they can just invite him to their summer league team.
                  eh thats true also

Comment

For next season tryout? with our cap space issues it would be better trying to find a diamond in the rough
                    If next season is the topic, than he's not - and shouldn't - be a priority. MLE should be used mainly on role players, and trying to acquire the veterans or contributors.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                      If next season is the topic, than he's not - and shouldn't - be a priority. MLE should be used mainly on role players, and trying to acquire the veterans or contributors.
                      Like who?

Comment

Save moves for off season. The only D League young player I want to see picked up is "Kris Jospeh" yes Im still on about this!

Invite them both to the summer league Roster to play alongside Ross, JV and Acy to fill out the roster and offer a legit spot as a Raptor to one of them.

Comment

I suppose there's no harm in taking a flyer on him, but I don't expect anything to come of it. For a player like Thompkins (or Acy for that matter) to really develop, the team needs to make a commitment to actually....you know....develop them, which means consistent minutes.

I don't see that happening here.

Comment

The Clippers waived 6'10" PF Trey Thompkins

Should the raptors pick him up? he was the 37th pick in the 2011 draft.
                            Sure, why not? The tank is in full mode now and Trey's 39% shooting percentage would certainly help in that regard.

Comment

I don't know anything about his game, but I don't see much point in playing Gray. So we've got a front court of Amir and JV and Acy, why not pick up another young guy and try him out? If he shows some promise you can sign him for cheap which allows you to move Bargs for anything, without having to worry about getting a PF back.

If you nail Gray to the pine, you've got 12+ minutes for both Acy and Thompkins.

Heck if you limit JV and Amir to 30 minutes each you've got 12 minutes for all three of them.
                              Last edited by ezz_bee; Fri Mar 15, 2013, 04:19 PM.
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                              X