Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DeRozan: "If I could finish my career here" - M. Grange

Post Thanks / Like

Default DeRozan: "If I could finish my career here" - M. Grange

Inspiring read:
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...o-raptor-ever/

I like DD more every year. Let's get it!!
    Last edited by S.R.; Tue Oct 28th, 2014 at 01:12 PM.

2. Like Shirokin, blackjitsu, Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup. Good read.

Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Loved this quote:
    "I just [want] to be an example, where, when I finish playing, I’ve done everything that people say you couldn’t do if you play for the Raptors," he said quietly, convincingly. "Everything from being an all-star, to winning a gold medal, to hopefully winning everything else so that at the end of the day there won’t be any excuses — I did it here, so why can’t you?"
    Been a Demar "fanboy" since Day-1 and proud of it.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Post Thanks / Like

DeRozan is the fucking man.
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember when this board was higher on Gerald Henderson than Derozan. Ive been behind DD since day 1.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been behind him from day one but I also have no issues being proved wrong.
    People I Will Shame When The Cavs Finish 8th
    1.) Day One - 2) JordanMariam14 - 3) Stooley - 4) Ceez - 5) Sam17
    6) mcHAPPY 7) ImanShumpert 8) Scraptor 9) Demographic Shift 10) Rocwell 11) Everyone

8. Like consmap, DanH, Scraptor, Bendit, Mack North, Kuh liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Only gonna cost us about 24M a year....

I wanna keep DD though, but just saying don't turn on him when he gets HELLA expensive

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I haven't been behind him from day one but I also have no issues being proved wrong.
    Can't say that I've always been on his side either. He's definitely won me over after last year though.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Can't say that I've always been on his side either. He's definitely won me over after last year though.
    Me three.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't always a fan of his but he's made me wrong and I have no problems with that.

Raptors Republic All-Star Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Loved this quote:

I've spent way too much of my life defending and repping DeMar on realgm. Even if he's never a top 5 NBA player, he is a paragon of determination and grit, and the type of person I'd want representing my franchise.

Just an easy to guy to cheer for.

14. Like Bendit, Superjudge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Wasn't always a fan of his but he's made me wrong and I have no problems with that.
    Agreed.

His character/desire was never in question.

I am looking forward to watching him play this year.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

posted this one in the "Hype" thread. Great read. Part of what made me change my avatar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Loved this quote:

Me too. Though not the LeBron/KD type to build around, the type to build a foundation of character, commitment, and work ethic that this franchise has never had before. Great piece from Grange!!! I'd go as far to surmise that DD even had a big influence on Lowry's turnaround from out of shape, and contentious to in great shape and team leader.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Inspiring read:
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...o-raptor-ever/

I like DD more every year. Let's get it!!
    I fucking love this kid.

I grew up with a single mom, played Hockey with support from my Mom, made AAA, with her unrelenting support, then left to play BBALL and VBALL in HS after grade 10 was done. I went to a small school, very, like 350-400 people. We had to ask people to joini the teams to make sure we could field teams. I remember my teammates, every one of them from both teams still and we were kinda like DD and Lowry. NOTHING was gained without hard work and a great work ethic, and an attitude that was exactly like DD's, you wanted to prove EVERYONE wrong about where you went to school.... and prove you could make it. No easy way out, no stacked team..... just hard work, and fierce competition.

I made it, I played Varsity Ball, a little anyhow, and I played Varsity Volleyball. Both teams I made as a walk on because nobody got scouted from small schools. I made it because of the ethic I learned from a mom raising 3 kids alone, and from a small school with buddies that all banded together and said "fuck them all, we are just as good, if not better than any of um".

I am always such a dick when I am talking about players I feel are lazy, soft, or selfish for these reasons. and Clearly, for these same reasons I absolutely LOVE Derozan as both a player and a man. Kid came from a shitty neighbourhood, a place where you have 10000 times more chance to make the Penitentiary Ball team than the NBA. He plays in a place a lot of people make fun of, and he doesn't give a shit. He just busts ass, accept his failures and works even harder. This kid may never be the best, but he will always have my respect and admiration.

Fuck what people think, fuck people telling you what you can, or cannot do, and with who. Were all awesome.

What a role model this guy is.
    Last edited by Superjudge; Tue Oct 28th, 2014 at 05:13 PM. Reason: self imposed homophobia

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A great thread on the eve of what hopefully will raise DD and the team to greater heights.

Go Raps.

ps...and oh...F#$% NY and that includes Brooklyn

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

To think people wanted to package this guy with Bargs for expirings just a few short years ago.

Or who could forget when Raptors fans wanted to trade DeRozan for Johnny Flynn? I believe the rumour was the 2nd pick and Flynn for DeRozan and the 5th and a TON of fans backed it.

So we'd have Derrick Williams and Johnny Flynn instead of DD and Valanciunas.... LOL

Raptors Republic Rookie Shirokin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope he is willing to take a discount then lol.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
    To think people wanted to package this guy with Bargs for expirings just a few short years ago.

Or who could forget when Raptors fans wanted to trade DeRozan for Johnny Flynn? I believe the rumour was the 2nd pick and Flynn for DeRozan and the 5th and a TON of fans backed it.

So we'd have Derrick Williams and Johnny Flynn instead of DD and Valanciunas.... LOL
    Been a Demar fan since day 1
    so it feels amazing saying this
    JOHNNY WHO??????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post

If I recall correct that rumour came from HoopsWorld.com chat. I think it was Bill Ingram. It wasn't credible.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information