Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51

Thread: Are they "showcasing" Landry Fields?

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Are they "showcasing" Landry Fields?

    Aside from trying to maintain the cohesion of the starters by plopping Landry (who knows the system) in for Demar, it seems to me they are showcasing Landry. What teams needs a 2 or 3 that have an asset or assets we need? Insurance big in the event Amir's injuries worsen? I mean surely the Knicks would love to take him back along with his contract. But seriously. How could David West for Landry come to pass? The Nets are selling but other then Ak47 who's now gone, not sure they have anything better then Landry. Any other bigs in the league in need a change of scenery that would positively impact the Raptors for Landry? Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Thornbury wrote: View Post
    Aside from trying to maintain the cohesion of the starters by plopping Landry (who knows the system) in for Demar, it seems to me they are showcasing Landry. What teams needs a 2 or 3 that have an asset or assets we need? Insurance big in the event Amir's injuries worsen? I mean surely the Knicks would love to take him back along with his contract. But seriously. How could David West for Landry come to pass? The Nets are selling but other then Ak47 who's now gone, not sure they have anything better then Landry. Any other bigs in the league in need a change of scenery that would positively impact the Raptors for Landry? Thoughts?
    David Lee, a bunch on the Kings ( all crap ) , Pels need a wing but don't have a 4 except Ryan Anderson

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Landry been shopped?

    You think?
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.


    Muhammad Ali

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Kevin Garnett
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.


    Muhammad Ali

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I could see KG. Might prove to be a valuable vet down the stretch and into the playoffs as a role player. And I know he loves the 6. David Lee, not sure he fits. Need someone who can board, get garbage buckets and intimidate as a shot blocker. Why do you think Lee works on this team?

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Thornbury wrote: View Post
    I could see KG. Might prove to be a valuable vet down the stretch and into the playoffs as a role player. And I know he loves the 6. David Lee, not sure he fits. Need someone who can board, get garbage buckets and intimidate as a shot blocker. Why do you think Lee works on this team?
    Lee does 2/3 but with DD out Fields is needed

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    3,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    KG would be massive.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter TeamEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It seems to me like this is just Dwane Casey's way of replacing GV in the starting lineup in the least disruptive way possible.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter bryan colangelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    995
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hypothetical scenario:

    Let's when Landry Fields was signed, he recovered from his nerve injury, and could still shoot. Nothing crazy, just league average.

    Would we have ever traded for Rudy Gay? Would Bargnani still be on the team? We would have had (I think): Lowry, Demar, Fields, Amir, JV with Calderon, Ross and (vomit) Bargnani.
    Last edited by bryan colangelo; Fri Dec 12th, 2014 at 11:10 PM.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,222
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't think they're showcasing him.

    Any team that wants him for something other than an expiring salary is probably in the same situation we are: a playoff team looking for a 4th/5th wing guy who can play solid D and is a great teammate. I'm not saying he won't be traded… but it's not because they have 'showcased' him in the last couple games.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    David Lee, a bunch on the Kings ( all crap ) , Pels need a wing but don't have a 4 except Ryan Anderson
    Pass on David Lee. Even Bargs plays better defense than Lee.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,784
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Casey is simply playing a guy who has a lot to offer in a situation that can use what he has to offer. I like how in the last couple of games he has scored early, grabbed rebounds, gotten assists and played excellent D. Could have had this from him for the last year.
    What is he for foul shots this season? Four for four?

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Casey is simply playing a guy who has a lot to offer in a situation that can use what he has to offer. I like how in the last couple of games he has scored early, grabbed rebounds, gotten assists and played excellent D. Could have had this from him for the last year.
    What is he for foul shots this season? Four for four?
    DD will be back and 6.5M is a lot for depth. If Fields is a serviceable wing plenty of teams would want him as a player not an expiring. If he has any value MU should trade him when DD comes back. Suns could give up Ennis for TH and LF

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think part of it is to give Ross more time handling the ball, but mostly for the bench. I definitely think part of it is a 'showcase' because if he can be anything other than cap relief next season for a team that helps the Raps a ton. I think MU would try for a trade like the salmons one, in that he will go after both someone serviceable off the bench and a 2nd round pick.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    242
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    this guys been a 10th man for the past 2 seasons, and still doesnt have a shot back
    without his contact guy wouldnt be in the nba
    he plays D with effort, good IQ, can finish sort of but he's like Ronnie Brewer
    no team is stupid enough to give up assets for this guy
    why would 3 weeks of playing him 20 minutes a game change his value from an expiring contract to anything of use?

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,072
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 2kfeen wrote: View Post
    without his contact guy wouldnt be in the nba
    So untrue. A smart player who defends, passes and has no ego, this guy would get signed by loads of teams.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    2,045
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    DD will be back and 6.5M is a lot for depth. If Fields is a serviceable wing plenty of teams would want him as a player not an expiring. If he has any value MU should trade him when DD comes back. Suns could give up Ennis for TH and LF
    The 6.5M is irrelevant. The only time that matters, really, is when signing free agents - which occurs in the summer, when he'll have expired.

    Any trade of Fields likely brings back non-expiring salary and little value. And he plays a role and plays it well - you keep that depth if you can.

  18. Like Quest, Puffer liked this post
  19. #18
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,399
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TeamEd wrote: View Post
    It seems to me like this is just Dwane Casey's way of replacing GV in the starting lineup in the least disruptive way possible.
    Exactly. No showcasing going on at all. You don't showcase players that barely play at all when you are trying to win ball games after losing a major piece to injury. This keeps the 2nd unit intact. The great thing about Landry is that he won't play beyond his capabilities, which is or may be a concern for some of the other players that have and will log more minutes and usage in Demar's absence.

  20. #19
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,250
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I do know from watching his free throws that the ugly hitch is out of his shot
    People I Will Shame When The Cavs Finish 8th
    1.) Day One - 2) JordanMariam14 - 3) Stooley - 4) Ceez - 5) Sam17
    6) mcHAPPY 7) ImanShumpert 8) Scraptor 9) Demographic Shift 10) Rocwell 11) Everyone

  21. #20
    Raptors Republic Rookie Prophet2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    122
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think this is at least somewhat a showcase...You need to move Fields because his role has been taken by JJ, he is moveable at the deadline as a cap move, but to get some extra value out of that you need these starts to point to, add-last years playoffs to the mix and you can make an argument that he is a defensive specialist that can help a team this season, when DeRozan is back he will be stapled to the end of the bench again...I trust that Masai will turn the situation to Toronto's advantage, he's got a pretty good track record so far...
    limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •