View Poll Results: Grade Amir's Season.

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    14 45.16%
  • B

    15 48.39%
  • C

    1 3.23%
  • D

    0 0%
  • F

    1 3.23%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 195

Thread: Everything Amir Johnson

  1. #61
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    I agree that we have to stop trying to replace him. He is our starting power forward, no doubt. Building around him? I don't think so. Let's not build around one player; let's build a team. I really like our starting 5. Now we need backups at the 5, 4 ans 1 spot for next year. That's what it's all about.
    Could our starting five win a championship?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  2. #62
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Could our starting five win a championship?
    There's only one starting five in the league each year that can win a championship. Getting into the second round is a big enough goal for the Raptors, thank you.

  3. #63
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,999
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Could our starting five win a championship?
    That seriously comes down to Jonas

  4. #64
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    That seriously comes down to Jonas
    and DeMar.... And Rudy... Oh and Lowry... Yeah, maybe even Amir.

  5. #65
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    Amir Johnson is the best player on the Raptors. Our off rtg to def rtg differential is +4.2 with him on. It's -9 without him. Considering the fact that he plays a lot of minutes, that stat is ridiculous.

    Stop trying to replace Johnson with another PF because he doesn't put up gaudy numbers. Start trying to replace everyone else and build around the one guy who is actually a winner.
    The reason people are not completely sold on Amir is 'cause his season numbers are not his career numbers. Now I hope sincerely that what he's doing lasts the rest of his career but you've got to be able to see why people are a little skeptical.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

  6. #66
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    and DeMar.... And Rudy... Oh and Lowry... Yeah, maybe even Amir.
    Basically yeah. Lowry would have to be good-lowry every game, Demar would have to be more consistent and efficient, Rudy would have to be shooting close to 50%, and JV would have to be Noah 2.0. Plus, Amir would have to be a monster EVERY game, which isn't easy, especially in the playoffs. And Dwane Casey would have to actually run decent offensive sets in the 4th quarter. Totally do-able!

  7. #67
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    There's only one starting five in the league each year that can win a championship. Getting into the second round is a big enough goal for the Raptors, thank you.
    There's only one starting five that will win the championship, but this year, by my count, there are six that could. And then 24 that cannot.

  8. #68
    Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kigali, Rwanda
    Posts
    1,687
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Could our starting five win a championship?
    Not this year, and probably not even next year. Our starting five couldn't be the starting five of Miami, SA, OKC, Lakers, Clippers, and probably a bunch of other western conference teams. However, I do think our starting 5 could put up a fight against all non miami eastern conference teams.

    I would also say, that I'll be happy if the raps play 6 post season games next season.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

  9. #69
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,690
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    The reason people are not completely sold on Amir is 'cause his season numbers are not his career numbers. Now I hope sincerely that what he's doing lasts the rest of his career but you've got to be able to see why people are a little skeptical.
    Consistency is the other issue.

    Look through his game log. Incredible games surrounded by average to poor games. It so happens right now 3 of his last 5 games have been incredible.

    I love Amir - his work ethic, hustle - but still think he is a 3rd big capable of starting.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  10. Like CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
  11. #70
    Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    The reason people are not completely sold on Amir is 'cause his season numbers are not his career numbers. Now I hope sincerely that what he's doing lasts the rest of his career but you've got to be able to see why people are a little skeptical.
    But his numbers this year are actually very close to his Raptors career average.

    The exception was last season where his numbers were down (although still good), which could be easily explained by playing out of position (C instead of PF)

    I'd argue what we are seeing is a great example of a guy who was under utilized for the past years - and one of the great reason's why Toronto never should have been building around Andrea (his 'back up' was better than he was)

  12. #71
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,038
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    But his numbers this year are actually very close to his Raptors career average.

    The exception was last season where his numbers were down (although still good), which could be easily explained by playing out of position (C instead of PF)

    I'd argue what we are seeing is a great example of a guy who was under utilized for the past years - and one of the great reason's why Toronto never should have been building around Andrea (his 'back up' was better than he was)
    And one of the greatest reasons why Ed Davis had to go.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  13. #72
    Raptors Republic Rookie AlienOverlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've never understood people complaining about Amir or questioning him as a starter. He's the only Raptor who isn't mostly potential, he plays to the utmost of his ability. That's not to say he can't or won't improve, but he's playing as best he can with his current skill set while some other players could do more with the talent they have.
    He's a warrior who plays through contact and continues to play instead of throwing his hands up and pleading with refs for a call. He gets knocked down, sprains his ankle, has back spasms but never quits hustling.
    To people saying they don't see him as a hustle player maybe it's just because he always keeps his composure, even when someone is blocking him out with an elbow to his face.

  14. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    It's a pointless conversation, I replied to them afterwards, but doesn't need to be on here. Let's talk Amir Johnson.

    Cheers.
    Hey man, I had moved on and hadn't even responded to "white men..."'s last outlandish post at me (as tempting as it was), but you chose to direct a new post at my manner in the situation. For some reason you decided it needed to be on here,,,,, until I responded with a well reasoned (imo) reply,,, not the least bit ill-mannered btw. So it was appropriate until the other side of the coin was presented, then both erased? Whatever. Cheers

  15. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with"- Crosby, Stills, Nash

    The guy plays hurt all the time, hustles on every play, continues to develop his skills and focus at only 25 years old, is now competitive vs every opponent in the league, has shown all kinds of commitment to the team/organization, is on a steal of a contract. Yet so many complain about wanting bigger breasts. sheeeeesh. Blake, Love, Dirk, LA, etc aren't coming to play for the Raps any time soon, so appreciate the guy, minus all the "yeah buts".
    Last edited by p00ka; Wed Mar 20th, 2013 at 12:15 PM.

  16. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
  17. #75
    Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    731
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with"- Crosby, Stills, Nash

    The guy plays hurt all the time, hustles on every play, continues to develop his skills and focus at only 25 years old, is now competitive vs every opponent in the league, has shown all kinds of commitment to the team/organization, is on a steal of a contract. Yet so many complain about wanting bigger breasts.

    How did you get from Amir Johnson to implants?

  18. #76
    Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    The reason people are not completely sold on Amir is 'cause his season numbers are not his career numbers. Now I hope sincerely that what he's doing lasts the rest of his career but you've got to be able to see why people are a little skeptical.
    I understand, his month by month numbers are pretty all over the place so consistency is an issue. I also get why people would like to have a power forward who can create from the low block. My issue is we have a lot of holes on this team, we've got two starting wings who shoot under 43% and who can't make threes and we have no bench to speak of yet the thing people want most is a starting powerforward.

    Makes no sense to me, get an adequate back up on the cheap and spend your cap upgrading elsewhere, or keep it for when you need to extend guys (Lowry and Gay both have contract years coming up). Either way, replacing the only guy on the team who plays both efficiently and hard on both ends seems like a poor plan.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

  19. #77
    Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    1,537
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Apparently next Wednesday night is Amir Johnson bobblehead night. And I have tickets to the game which happens to be against the Atlanta Hawks.

    Also, I can't go.

    So I'm trying to sell them for $30 for a pair of tickets. Please message me if you're interested. Section 315, Row 1, Seats 11&12.

    Face value is $20 per ticket.
    your pal,
    ebrian

  20. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    How did you get from Amir Johnson to implants?
    Analogy (look it up), with a touch of humour.

  21. #79
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with"- Crosby, Stills, Nash

    The guy plays hurt all the time, hustles on every play, continues to develop his skills and focus at only 25 years old, is now competitive vs every opponent in the league, has shown all kinds of commitment to the team/organization, is on a steal of a contract. Yet so many complain about wanting bigger breasts. sheeeeesh. Blake, Love, Dirk, LA, etc aren't coming to play for the Raps any time soon, so appreciate the guy, minus all the "yeah buts".
    well fans don't want players with flaws (especially since we are lacking of a transcendental talent that can make up for it), In amir's case it's his lack of being an offensive threat, outside of hustle points. Surely even a dumb motherfucker like yourself can understand that.

  22. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    well fans don't want players with flaws (especially since we are lacking of a transcendental talent that can make up for it), In amir's case it's his lack of being an offensive threat, outside of hustle points. Surely even a dumb motherfucker like yourself can understand that.
    You really want to do battle? Noted.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •