• F

0 0%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Amir Johnson

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    You really want to do battle? Noted.
    I don't really like you, but I'll try to stay neutral from now on. Take jabs at me I don't care.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey man, I had moved on and hadn't even responded to "white men..."'s last outlandish post at me (as tempting as it was), but you chose to direct a new post at my manner in the situation. For some reason you decided it needed to be on here,,,,, until I responded with a well reasoned (imo) reply,,, not the least bit ill-mannered btw. So it was appropriate until the other side of the coin was presented, then both erased? Whatever. Cheers
    Okay. Thank you, come again!

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Okay. Thank you, come again!
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

4. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    well fans don't want players with flaws (especially since we are lacking of a transcendental talent that can make up for it), In amir's case it's his lack of being an offensive threat, outside of hustle points. Surely even a dumb motherfucker like yourself can understand that.
    I don't really like you, but I'll try to stay neutral from now on. Take jabs at me I don't care.
    And I'll try not to be as infantile as you when I more than take jabs.

Post Thanks / Like

well fans don't want players with flaws (especially since we are lacking of a transcendental talent that can make up for it), In amir's case it's his lack of being an offensive threat, outside of hustle points. Surely even a dumb motherfucker like yourself can understand that.
    Please state your opinion without the blatant personal insult. There's absolutely no reason for an attack like that.

7. Like akashsingh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And I'll try not to be as infantile as you when I more than take jabs.
    As I said to akashsingh, there's really no reason why opinions can't be stated, argued and refuted, without resorting to any personal attacks or jabs against the poster. That goes for all posters.

9. Like akashsingh liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's take a look at his stats as a starter (25 games).
    PPG: 13 | RPG: 10 | APG: 2 | BPG: 2 | SPG: 1 | FG%: 55 | FT%: 75 | MPG: 36

You know what that means?
    He can actually stay on the floor.
    He actually takes rebounds.
    He actually can score the ball.
    He actually defends.
    He actually shares the ball well for a post player.
    He shoots high percentages.
    He's a fighter. He's a hustler. He's a high energy guy. He's a TEAM FIRST player.

What else? He's only 25.

Amir is our starting power forward. To me that's clear and simple.

11. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    I understand, his month by month numbers are pretty all over the place so consistency is an issue. I also get why people would like to have a power forward who can create from the low block. My issue is we have a lot of holes on this team, we've got two starting wings who shoot under 43% and who can't make threes and we have no bench to speak of yet the thing people want most is a starting powerforward.

Makes no sense to me, get an adequate back up on the cheap and spend your cap upgrading elsewhere, or keep it for when you need to extend guys (Lowry and Gay both have contract years coming up). Either way, replacing the only guy on the team who plays both efficiently and hard on both ends seems like a poor plan.
    Amir is a very good PF and as he's shown, is a capable starter. The thing that would concern BC in the off season is whether to find a legitimate proven starting PF which is safe or find a back up to Amir which is risky. The former option is not fair to Amir and the later is risky. This is why I see sense in the Carl Landry rumour 'cause like Amir he is, both a capable starter and good off the bench.

As far as 3 point shooting is concerned, I'm sure it will be addressed in the off season. The trade(Calderon) has left us a little weak in this area and I see Fields being replaced by a solid 3 point shooter. Also keep in mind that the 3 point shooting though bad is not as bad as it seems. Ross(Rookie problems) is IMO an excellent 3 point shooter and Bargnani is having a forgettable season.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    Amir is a very good PF and as he's shown, is a capable starter. The thing that would concern BC in the off season is whether to find a legitimate proven starting PF which is safe or find a back up to Amir which is risky. The former option is not fair to Amir and the later is risky. This is why I see sense in the Carl Landry rumour 'cause like Amir he is, both a capable starter and good off the bench.

As far as 3 point shooting is concerned, I'm sure it will be addressed in the off season. The trade(Calderon) has left us a little weak in this area and I see Fields being replaced by a solid 3 point shooter. Also keep in mind that the 3 point shooting though bad is not as bad as it seems. Ross(Rookie problems) is IMO an excellent 3 point shooter and Bargnani is having a forgettable season.
    The kindest adjective given to it so far.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My issue with someone like Karl Landry is you have to pay him about the same as Amir. So now you've got $20 million tied up at power forward, which is the equivalent to a max guy, and you've got two middle of the pack, capable of starting, power forwards. We did this for years with Calderon and every "replacement" who came through, and the end result was always that we were good there, but not good enough to win. So instead, just pick up a cheap back up and let Amir play the bulk of the minutes. Your production will stay high because most of the minutes are still going to a guy capable of starting, and you'll have saved on the cap hit that Landry would cost. You do not need two starting calibre guys at every postion, you need one high calbre guy and some other to give him rest.

Then you take that money and get some good, cheap, workmanlike players to fill up your bench and your set to go. Think Reggie Evans or Anthony Parker.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

My issue with someone like Karl Landry is you have to pay him about the same as Amir. So now you've got $20 million tied up at power forward, which is the equivalent to a max guy, and you've got two middle of the pack, capable of starting, power forwards. We did this for years with Calderon and every "replacement" who came through, and the end result was always that we were good there, but not good enough to win. So instead, just pick up a cheap back up and let Amir play the bulk of the minutes. Your production will stay high because most of the minutes are still going to a guy capable of starting, and you'll have saved on the cap hit that Landry would cost. You do not need two starting calibre guys at every postion, you need one high calbre guy and some other to give him rest.

Then you take that money and get some good, cheap, workmanlike players to fill up your bench and your set to go. Think Reggie Evans or Anthony Parker.
    This is a not a bad idea only there's a little bit of risk involved. If Amir returns to the player he was(good back up), Raps. will be weak at PF. Nevertheless, it's not a bad idea. With the MLE, they could strengthen another need. BC's is pretty creative. Something like Bargnani for Boozer cannot be ruled out.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a not a bad idea only there's a little bit of risk involved. If Amir returns to the player he was(good back up), Raps. will be weak at PF. Nevertheless, it's not a bad idea. With the MLE, they could strengthen another need. BC's is pretty creative. Something like Bargnani for Boozer cannot be ruled out.
    Any deal that brings back value for Andrea can't be ruled out. Boozer would be a great addition and may be able to play beside Amir for stretches. I think he's also a better (offensive) player than Landry.
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say that Boozer is definitely a better offensive player than Carl Landry.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I would say that Boozer is definitely a better offensive player than Carl Landry.
    Me=Captain Obvious
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like how people were so against around the trade deadline but now thier all on board for Boozer.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I like how people were so against around the trade deadline but now thier all on board for Boozer.
    You're generalising. If you go back you'll find that the pro Boozer guys were not against him before.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he's also a better (offensive) player than Landry.
    Without a doubt. If he's acquired, he'll be the 2nd option. If not ahead of Demar, on par for sure.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Who does he look like he's about to crap on in your avatar?
    He is the avatar, and can crap on whoever he likes!!

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    But do you know who that guy is under him? I'm just curious. He looks like he really doesn't like that he just got dunked on and has Amir's ass in his face

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    I wanna say Anthony Randolph, but I can't tell for sure.

Thread Information