View Poll Results: Grade Amir's Season.

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    14 45.16%
  • B

    15 48.39%
  • C

    1 3.23%
  • D

    0 0%
  • F

    1 3.23%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 195

Thread: Everything Amir Johnson

  1. #161
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Somehow Amir only hit 20 three pointers last season and only shot 66. Is it just me or did it seem like he was shooting 1-3 on them every single game?

  2. #162
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Somehow Amir only hit 20 three pointers last season and only shot 66. Is it just me or did it seem like he was shooting 1-3 on them every single game?
    It's just you.

    I thought he shot his three's pretty much in the flow of the game, when he was wide open and his defender was sagging off. He never had anyone come close to blocking one, as I recall. I thought he hit more than 33% of them, but I didn't keep count. I am sure you are right. Just seemed like he was hitting them more. Maybe i remember him making some long twos.

  3. Like Joey liked this post
  4. #163
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    It's just you.

    I thought he shot his three's pretty much in the flow of the game, when he was wide open and his defender was sagging off. He never had anyone come close to blocking one, as I recall. I thought he hit more than 33% of them, but I didn't keep count. I am sure you are right. Just seemed like he was hitting them more. Maybe i remember him making some long twos.
    I don't remember anybody contesting them either. Did Amir ever put up the three sign after sinking one?

  5. #164
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,657
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Somehow Amir only hit 20 three pointers last season and only shot 66. Is it just me or did it seem like he was shooting 1-3 on them every single game?
    The Matt devlin effect.

    While he only shot 66 we heard summer time threee!!!! 2631 time plus or minus 111
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  6. #165
    Raptors Republic Starter Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    675
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Amir shaved his head. That is a known shortcut to improved 3point % so I think it's logical to assume that he shoots 45% this year.

    The shaved head should also speed up his release mAking him that much more difficult to defend

  7. #166
    Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Kitchener "Sketchener"
    Posts
    1,503
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Amir shaved his head. That is a known shortcut to improved 3point % so I think it's logical to assume that he shoots 45% this year.

    The shaved head should also speed up his release mAking him that much more difficult to defend
    Kobe shaved his head...Amir shaved his head...

    In Swag we Trust

    -Nick Young

  8. Like godkingleonidas liked this post
  9. #167
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Amir dancing with Motombo in S. Africa....

    http://instagram.com/p/rXNhlrxHPy/

  10. #168
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Amir dancing with Motombo in S. Africa....

    http://instagram.com/p/rXNhlrxHPy/
    Wonder if Masai was nearby? He should be there as well with the BWB tournament happening there.

  11. #169
    Raptors Republic Rookie Rapzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That's what I'm talking about!

    Last edited by Rapzilla; Tue Aug 26th, 2014 at 08:48 AM.

  12. Like Puffer liked this post
  13. #170
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Jamaal working him out. My impression has been that Amir is a pretty good post operator, but adding new movers every year only makes sense. Another guy that hasn't topped out yet. When you look at his progression over the last 6-7 years (?) it is impressive. He isn't a stats hound's dream for nothing.

  14. #171
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapzilla wrote: View Post
    That's what I'm talking about!

    Whose instagram is that? Because the video isn't working. Or maybe it was taken down.

  15. #172
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapzilla wrote: View Post
    That's what I'm talking about!

    What was the video about by the way?

  16. #173
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,962
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Jamaal working him out. My impression has been that Amir is a pretty good post operator, but adding new movers every year only makes sense. Another guy that hasn't topped out yet. When you look at his progression over the last 6-7 years (?) it is impressive. He isn't a stats hound's dream for nothing.
    seeing amir go off in a game is just awesome to watch. one of the playoff games vs the nets was basically him winning the game. also that awesome display vs the lakers right after rudy got traded....damn.

  17. #174
    Raptors Republic Rookie Rapzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That's odd... It was a video of Amir and JJ working out with Hakeem taken off Amir's instagram account... which has now been removed!!!

    What's even weirder is that the Raptors tweeted about it...


    Last edited by Rapzilla; Tue Aug 26th, 2014 at 02:16 PM.

  18. #175
    Raptors Republic Rookie Rapzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Here is a pic of them...


  19. #176
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapzilla wrote: View Post
    That's odd... It was a video of Amir and JJ working out with Hakeem taken off Amir's instagram account... which has now been removed!!!

    What's even weirder is that the Raptors tweeted about it...


    Dammit! I wanted to see. Did they both look good?

  20. #177
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapzilla wrote: View Post
    Here is a pic of them...

    It's crazy how obsessed James Johnson has gotten with the tattoos lol

  21. #178
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    8,288
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    It's crazy how obsessed James Johnson has gotten with the tattoos lol
    When he was on Chicago he had none lool now it's everywhere

  22. #179
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The video of Amir and Hakeem is on Amir Johnson's facebook, here.

  23. #180
    Raptors Republic Rookie godkingleonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    174
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •