Everything Amir Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Is it just me or does Amir look much less muscular?
    Does he? I'm not sure....But could be.

To me it doesn't seem significant, but who knows, maybe he took a fairly long layoff from training because of how worn down he was this season after his 56 ankle rolls and who knows what other bumps and bruises. Or maybe even McKechnie and the staff thought it might be better for him to stay lean given his body type?

Comment

• Amirs team are through to the finals Check out his block at the end!

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Does he? I'm not sure....But could be.

To me it doesn't seem significant, but who knows, maybe he took a fairly long layoff from training because of how worn down he was this season after his 56 ankle rolls and who knows what other bumps and bruises. Or maybe even McKechnie and the staff thought it might be better for him to stay lean given his body type?
        It's been mentioned before, but Amir seems very top-heavy. Probably doesn't help his centre of gravity to be adding weight above the waist, while maintaining the chicken legs.

Maybe McKechnie has Amir focusing on his legs this summer?

Comment

• You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Awesome!

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Well that does it. Amir will be the starter.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Seriously why wouldnt he be?

Comment

That's probably 100% attributed to moves like this:

Comment

That's a bit of a misleading statement. The Raptors had a DRtg of 95.5 with those two on the floor together, and the best team in the league (Pacers) had a 95.6 DRtg overall. There are many, many other 2-man groups in the NBA that had a better DRtg than Amir and JV when on the floor together.

Out of all 2-man units that played at least 250 minutes together, they are 126th in defensive efficiency--right behind Devin Harris and Anthony Tolliver, and just in front of Ivan Johnson and Lou Williams.
                      Last edited by tkfu; Mon Sep 30, 2013, 09:44 AM. Reason: added specifics

Comment

• Toronto is part of me," Johnson said at training camp Thursday at the Air Canada Centre. "I've been around, the people are very kind, I love it here."
                        But the Raptors big man, who keeps his Toronto condo through the off-season, said he could see himself settling down in the city once his career comes to an end.

"I'll definitely consider living here," Johnson said. "I love it out here."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/basketball/...onto-1.1895146
                        Every insecure Raptor fan just melted like butter on a hot pan.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Every insecure Raptor fan just melted like butter on a hot pan.
                          So, another fan favourite role player likes the city.
                          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Cant wait to offer a retired Amir a job with the Raptors then fire him like we did Alvin Williams

Comment

• tkfu wrote: View Post
                              That's a bit of a misleading statement. The Raptors had a DRtg of 95.5 with those two on the floor together, and the best team in the league (Pacers) had a 95.6 DRtg overall. There are many, many other 2-man groups in the NBA that had a better DRtg than Amir and JV when on the floor together.

Out of all 2-man units that played at least 250 minutes together, they are 126th in defensive efficiency--right behind Devin Harris and Anthony Tolliver, and just in front of Ivan Johnson and Lou Williams.
                              hmm.. that's interesting

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                                Cant wait to offer a retired Amir a job with the Raptors then fire him like we did Alvin Williams
                                Amir would need to be productive.

Alvin was demoted under previous regime. There is a strong possibility he was not good at what he was surpluses tone doing... Or he did nothing at all.

Also admits aid he'd move to toronto which already has Alvin beat Asa he remained located in Philadelphia.

Comment

Working...
                                X