Everything Amir Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    I agree that we have to stop trying to replace him. He is our starting power forward, no doubt. Building around him? I don't think so. Let's not build around one player; let's build a team. I really like our starting 5. Now we need backups at the 5, 4 ans 1 spot for next year. That's what it's all about.
    Could our starting five win a championship?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
      There's only one starting five in the league each year that can win a championship. Getting into the second round is a big enough goal for the Raptors, thank you.

Comment

That seriously comes down to Jonas
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          That seriously comes down to Jonas
          and DeMar.... And Rudy... Oh and Lowry... Yeah, maybe even Amir.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
            Amir Johnson is the best player on the Raptors. Our off rtg to def rtg differential is +4.2 with him on. It's -9 without him. Considering the fact that he plays a lot of minutes, that stat is ridiculous.

Stop trying to replace Johnson with another PF because he doesn't put up gaudy numbers. Start trying to replace everyone else and build around the one guy who is actually a winner.
            The reason people are not completely sold on Amir is 'cause his season numbers are not his career numbers. Now I hope sincerely that what he's doing lasts the rest of his career but you've got to be able to see why people are a little skeptical.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
              and DeMar.... And Rudy... Oh and Lowry... Yeah, maybe even Amir.
              Basically yeah. Lowry would have to be good-lowry every game, Demar would have to be more consistent and efficient, Rudy would have to be shooting close to 50%, and JV would have to be Noah 2.0. Plus, Amir would have to be a monster EVERY game, which isn't easy, especially in the playoffs. And Dwane Casey would have to actually run decent offensive sets in the 4th quarter. Totally do-able!

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                There's only one starting five in the league each year that can win a championship. Getting into the second round is a big enough goal for the Raptors, thank you.
                There's only one starting five that will win the championship, but this year, by my count, there are six that could. And then 24 that cannot.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Not this year, and probably not even next year. Our starting five couldn't be the starting five of Miami, SA, OKC, Lakers, Clippers, and probably a bunch of other western conference teams. However, I do think our starting 5 could put up a fight against all non miami eastern conference teams.

I would also say, that I'll be happy if the raps play 6 post season games next season.
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                    The reason people are not completely sold on Amir is 'cause his season numbers are not his career numbers. Now I hope sincerely that what he's doing lasts the rest of his career but you've got to be able to see why people are a little skeptical.
                    Consistency is the other issue.

Look through his game log. Incredible games surrounded by average to poor games. It so happens right now 3 of his last 5 games have been incredible.

I love Amir - his work ethic, hustle - but still think he is a 3rd big capable of starting.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                      But his numbers this year are actually very close to his Raptors career average.

The exception was last season where his numbers were down (although still good), which could be easily explained by playing out of position (C instead of PF)

I'd argue what we are seeing is a great example of a guy who was under utilized for the past years - and one of the great reason's why Toronto never should have been building around Andrea (his 'back up' was better than he was)

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                        But his numbers this year are actually very close to his Raptors career average.

The exception was last season where his numbers were down (although still good), which could be easily explained by playing out of position (C instead of PF)

I'd argue what we are seeing is a great example of a guy who was under utilized for the past years - and one of the great reason's why Toronto never should have been building around Andrea (his 'back up' was better than he was)
                        And one of the greatest reasons why Ed Davis had to go.

Comment

I've never understood people complaining about Amir or questioning him as a starter. He's the only Raptor who isn't mostly potential, he plays to the utmost of his ability. That's not to say he can't or won't improve, but he's playing as best he can with his current skill set while some other players could do more with the talent they have.
                          He's a warrior who plays through contact and continues to play instead of throwing his hands up and pleading with refs for a call. He gets knocked down, sprains his ankle, has back spasms but never quits hustling.
                          To people saying they don't see him as a hustle player maybe it's just because he always keeps his composure, even when someone is blocking him out with an elbow to his face.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                            It's a pointless conversation, I replied to them afterwards, but doesn't need to be on here. Let's talk Amir Johnson.

Cheers.
                            Hey man, I had moved on and hadn't even responded to "white men..."'s last outlandish post at me (as tempting as it was), but you chose to direct a new post at my manner in the situation. For some reason you decided it needed to be on here,,,,, until I responded with a well reasoned (imo) reply,,, not the least bit ill-mannered btw. So it was appropriate until the other side of the coin was presented, then both erased? Whatever. Cheers

Comment

"If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with"- Crosby, Stills, Nash

The guy plays hurt all the time, hustles on every play, continues to develop his skills and focus at only 25 years old, is now competitive vs every opponent in the league, has shown all kinds of commitment to the team/organization, is on a steal of a contract. Yet so many complain about wanting bigger breasts. sheeeeesh. Blake, Love, Dirk, LA, etc aren't coming to play for the Raps any time soon, so appreciate the guy, minus all the "yeah buts".
                              Last edited by p00ka; Wed Mar 20, 2013, 12:15 PM.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                                "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with"- Crosby, Stills, Nash

The guy plays hurt all the time, hustles on every play, continues to develop his skills and focus at only 25 years old, is now competitive vs every opponent in the league, has shown all kinds of commitment to the team/organization, is on a steal of a contract. Yet so many complain about wanting bigger breasts.

How did you get from Amir Johnson to implants?
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X