Everything Amir Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    The reason people are not completely sold on Amir is 'cause his season numbers are not his career numbers. Now I hope sincerely that what he's doing lasts the rest of his career but you've got to be able to see why people are a little skeptical.
    I understand, his month by month numbers are pretty all over the place so consistency is an issue. I also get why people would like to have a power forward who can create from the low block. My issue is we have a lot of holes on this team, we've got two starting wings who shoot under 43% and who can't make threes and we have no bench to speak of yet the thing people want most is a starting powerforward.

Makes no sense to me, get an adequate back up on the cheap and spend your cap upgrading elsewhere, or keep it for when you need to extend guys (Lowry and Gay both have contract years coming up). Either way, replacing the only guy on the team who plays both efficiently and hard on both ends seems like a poor plan.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Apparently next Wednesday night is Amir Johnson bobblehead night. And I have tickets to the game which happens to be against the Atlanta Hawks.

Also, I can't go.

So I'm trying to sell them for $30 for a pair of tickets. Please message me if you're interested. Section 315, Row 1, Seats 11&12.

Face value is $20 per ticket.
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        How did you get from Amir Johnson to implants?
        Analogy (look it up), with a touch of humour.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
          "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with"- Crosby, Stills, Nash

The guy plays hurt all the time, hustles on every play, continues to develop his skills and focus at only 25 years old, is now competitive vs every opponent in the league, has shown all kinds of commitment to the team/organization, is on a steal of a contract. Yet so many complain about wanting bigger breasts. sheeeeesh. Blake, Love, Dirk, LA, etc aren't coming to play for the Raps any time soon, so appreciate the guy, minus all the "yeah buts".
          well fans don't want players with flaws (especially since we are lacking of a transcendental talent that can make up for it), In amir's case it's his lack of being an offensive threat, outside of hustle points. Surely even a dumb motherfucker like yourself can understand that.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
            well fans don't want players with flaws (especially since we are lacking of a transcendental talent that can make up for it), In amir's case it's his lack of being an offensive threat, outside of hustle points. Surely even a dumb motherfucker like yourself can understand that.
            You really want to do battle? Noted.

Comment

You really want to do battle? Noted.
              I don't really like you, but I'll try to stay neutral from now on. Take jabs at me I don't care.

Comment

Hey man, I had moved on and hadn't even responded to "white men..."'s last outlandish post at me (as tempting as it was), but you chose to direct a new post at my manner in the situation. For some reason you decided it needed to be on here,,,,, until I responded with a well reasoned (imo) reply,,, not the least bit ill-mannered btw. So it was appropriate until the other side of the coin was presented, then both erased? Whatever. Cheers
                Okay. Thank you, come again!
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                  Okay. Thank you, come again!

Comment

I don't really like you, but I'll try to stay neutral from now on. Take jabs at me I don't care.
                    And I'll try not to be as infantile as you when I more than take jabs.

Comment

Please state your opinion without the blatant personal insult. There's absolutely no reason for an attack like that.

Comment

And I'll try not to be as infantile as you when I more than take jabs.
                        As I said to akashsingh, there's really no reason why opinions can't be stated, argued and refuted, without resorting to any personal attacks or jabs against the poster. That goes for all posters.

Comment

Let's take a look at his stats as a starter (25 games).
                          PPG: 13 | RPG: 10 | APG: 2 | BPG: 2 | SPG: 1 | FG%: 55 | FT%: 75 | MPG: 36

You know what that means?
                          He can actually stay on the floor.
                          He actually takes rebounds.
                          He actually can score the ball.
                          He actually defends.
                          He actually shares the ball well for a post player.
                          He shoots high percentages.
                          He's a fighter. He's a hustler. He's a high energy guy. He's a TEAM FIRST player.

What else? He's only 25.

Amir is our starting power forward. To me that's clear and simple.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                            I understand, his month by month numbers are pretty all over the place so consistency is an issue. I also get why people would like to have a power forward who can create from the low block. My issue is we have a lot of holes on this team, we've got two starting wings who shoot under 43% and who can't make threes and we have no bench to speak of yet the thing people want most is a starting powerforward.

Makes no sense to me, get an adequate back up on the cheap and spend your cap upgrading elsewhere, or keep it for when you need to extend guys (Lowry and Gay both have contract years coming up). Either way, replacing the only guy on the team who plays both efficiently and hard on both ends seems like a poor plan.
                            Amir is a very good PF and as he's shown, is a capable starter. The thing that would concern BC in the off season is whether to find a legitimate proven starting PF which is safe or find a back up to Amir which is risky. The former option is not fair to Amir and the later is risky. This is why I see sense in the Carl Landry rumour 'cause like Amir he is, both a capable starter and good off the bench.

As far as 3 point shooting is concerned, I'm sure it will be addressed in the off season. The trade(Calderon) has left us a little weak in this area and I see Fields being replaced by a solid 3 point shooter. Also keep in mind that the 3 point shooting though bad is not as bad as it seems. Ross(Rookie problems) is IMO an excellent 3 point shooter and Bargnani is having a forgettable season.
                            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Amir is a very good PF and as he's shown, is a capable starter. The thing that would concern BC in the off season is whether to find a legitimate proven starting PF which is safe or find a back up to Amir which is risky. The former option is not fair to Amir and the later is risky. This is why I see sense in the Carl Landry rumour 'cause like Amir he is, both a capable starter and good off the bench.

As far as 3 point shooting is concerned, I'm sure it will be addressed in the off season. The trade(Calderon) has left us a little weak in this area and I see Fields being replaced by a solid 3 point shooter. Also keep in mind that the 3 point shooting though bad is not as bad as it seems. Ross(Rookie problems) is IMO an excellent 3 point shooter and Bargnani is having a forgettable season.
                              The kindest adjective given to it so far.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

My issue with someone like Karl Landry is you have to pay him about the same as Amir. So now you've got $20 million tied up at power forward, which is the equivalent to a max guy, and you've got two middle of the pack, capable of starting, power forwards. We did this for years with Calderon and every "replacement" who came through, and the end result was always that we were good there, but not good enough to win. So instead, just pick up a cheap back up and let Amir play the bulk of the minutes. Your production will stay high because most of the minutes are still going to a guy capable of starting, and you'll have saved on the cap hit that Landry would cost. You do not need two starting calibre guys at every postion, you need one high calbre guy and some other to give him rest.

Then you take that money and get some good, cheap, workmanlike players to fill up your bench and your set to go. Think Reggie Evans or Anthony Parker.
                                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X