Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Disappointing Season, Optimistic Outlook

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    If changing for the sake of change, then I'd be inclined to agree. However, if making the change is to improve - whether the change is with ownership, management, coaching or the roster - then I completely disagree.

I was happy with Casey being hired and was impressed with the defensive improvements last season. However, I've been quite disappointed with the coaching this season, for several reasons, to the point that I am 50/50 (at best) about whether or not DC should be kept.

- the defensive improvements from last year have regressed this season
    - the offense has shown no improvements this season
    - the rotations and playing time have been inconsistent, preventing the core from developing solid on-court chemistry
    - I'm not happy with the way the rookies have been treated in a 'building' year and have seen little development from them
    - I don't like guys like Anderson & Lucas getting so much playing time, especially when they aren't likely part of the future
    - some terrible coaching/substitution decisions in-game, especially with many 2nd half / 4th quarter collapses
    - poor x's & o's, as evidenced by consistently bad inbounding plays coming out of timeouts

I'm not saying the entire season should fall squarely on the shoulders of DC and the coaching staff, but they should be critiqued fairly, which certainly wouldn't entail the glowing favorable review like last year's critique likely was.
    I would love to have SVG as head coach next year if BC stays. Alternatively I would accept DC as head coach if BC goes. Some of the issues we see at the coaching level may be driven by BC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Yes.
    I was afraid of that.......

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    I would love to have SVG as head coach next year if BC stays. Alternatively I would accept DC as head coach if BC goes. Some of the issues we see at the coaching level may be driven by BC.
    What makes you think there will be no BC driven issues under SVG?
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    What makes you think there will be no BC driven issues under SVG?
    There could be but SVG has more of a spine......He would listen to input but ultimately do it his way. He is knowledgeable, experienced and capable of handling difficult situations.

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

All I'm gonna say is that Colangelo needs to go. He shouldn't have gotten his last extension and it's only gotten worse since then. I can appreciate that he is a great figurehead for the franchise, but there comes a point where keeping him around through so much losing becomes a slap in the face to the fans. Offer him another title in the organization where he still gets dolled up and schmoozes with the media, but for the love of god get him away from the basketball decision making processes.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm optimistic about Gay and Amir and Valanciunas. The rest of the roster? not so much. Bunch of one dimensional players. And their one dimension aren't even that good.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information