Disappointing Season, Optimistic Outlook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Only Raps fans are happy by just making playoffs.
    I remmember Rockets fan forum, those guys are complaining being 7th in the conference even though they have youngest squad.
    Who said I was happy?

It is a start and a realistic one considering they have missed for 5 straight years.

Comment

Well I meant are ok with that.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        I consider comfortably making the playoffs a huge stride... but that is just me.
        Oh sorry I misunderstood.
        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          The Raptors will never be the Grizzlies. For all the losing they remain a profitable franchise.

Without huge strides next year, clean house starting with BC and Casey.

JV is the only Raptor who should be untouchable unless a ridiculous offer comes around.
          Are you thinking Colangelo gets his option picked up?

Comment

I'm not really optimistic at all, to be honest. Until I hear BC is fired and Casey is gone I expect more of the same, despite some of the promise on our roster.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

changing coaches so quickly and Gms for that matter is a reason why the Raps spiral in mediocrity.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                changing coaches so quickly and Gms for that matter is a reason why the Raps spiral in mediocrity.
                If changing for the sake of change, then I'd be inclined to agree. However, if making the change is to improve - whether the change is with ownership, management, coaching or the roster - then I completely disagree.

I was happy with Casey being hired and was impressed with the defensive improvements last season. However, I've been quite disappointed with the coaching this season, for several reasons, to the point that I am 50/50 (at best) about whether or not DC should be kept.

- the defensive improvements from last year have regressed this season
                - the offense has shown no improvements this season
                - the rotations and playing time have been inconsistent, preventing the core from developing solid on-court chemistry
                - I'm not happy with the way the rookies have been treated in a 'building' year and have seen little development from them
                - I don't like guys like Anderson & Lucas getting so much playing time, especially when they aren't likely part of the future
                - some terrible coaching/substitution decisions in-game, especially with many 2nd half / 4th quarter collapses
                - poor x's & o's, as evidenced by consistently bad inbounding plays coming out of timeouts

I'm not saying the entire season should fall squarely on the shoulders of DC and the coaching staff, but they should be critiqued fairly, which certainly wouldn't entail the glowing favorable review like last year's critique likely was.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                  I would say mediocrity is the result of failing to hire the right coach/GM (not from firing so quickly).

Regarding Colangelo specifically, 7 years can't be considered "so quickly".

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    If changing for the sake of change, then I'd be inclined to agree. However, if making the change is to improve - whether the change is with ownership, management, coaching or the roster - then I completely disagree.

I was happy with Casey being hired and was impressed with the defensive improvements last season. However, I've been quite disappointed with the coaching this season, for several reasons, to the point that I am 50/50 (at best) about whether or not DC should be kept.

- the rotations and playing time have been inconsistent, preventing the core from developing solid on-court chemistry
                    - I'm not happy with the way the rookies have been treated in a 'building' year and have seen little development from them
                    - I don't like guys like Anderson & Lucas getting so much playing time, especially when they aren't likely part of the future
                    - some terrible coaching/substitution decisions in-game, especially with many 2nd half / 4th quarter collapses
                    - poor x's & o's, as evidenced by consistently bad inbounding plays coming out of timeouts

I'm not saying the entire season should fall squarely on the shoulders of DC and the coaching staff, but they should be critiqued fairly, which certainly wouldn't entail the glowing favorable review like last year's critique likely was.
                    We had Bargnani less last season, and we took 20 seconds to score and no rookies. which resulted in less points a game. Im just saying give DC a chance with a team he wasn't tasked with building around Bargnani over that ship sunk a long time ago. The defense will pick up next season winning cures all wounds. As for Lucas and Anderson I dont like them but its what the Raps have to work with the bench in general is awful.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Are you thinking Colangelo gets his option picked up?
                      Yes.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

I would love to have SVG as head coach next year if BC stays. Alternatively I would accept DC as head coach if BC goes. Some of the issues we see at the coaching level may be driven by BC.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Yes.
                          I was afraid of that.......

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                            I would love to have SVG as head coach next year if BC stays. Alternatively I would accept DC as head coach if BC goes. Some of the issues we see at the coaching level may be driven by BC.
                            What makes you think there will be no BC driven issues under SVG?
                            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                              What makes you think there will be no BC driven issues under SVG?
                              There could be but SVG has more of a spine......He would listen to input but ultimately do it his way. He is knowledgeable, experienced and capable of handling difficult situations.

Comment

• All I'm gonna say is that Colangelo needs to go. He shouldn't have gotten his last extension and it's only gotten worse since then. I can appreciate that he is a great figurehead for the franchise, but there comes a point where keeping him around through so much losing becomes a slap in the face to the fans. Offer him another title in the organization where he still gets dolled up and schmoozes with the media, but for the love of god get him away from the basketball decision making processes.

Comment

Working...
                                X