Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: What would you say to any Toronto Raptor?

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default What would you say to any Toronto Raptor?

    Through a lot of luck (and I mean a lot of luck), I have been given the opportunity to meet with some of the Raptor players while they shoot around a couple hours before their game against the Miami Heat tomorrow. As long as the Raps dont call for a private shoot around (they have not all year, but you never know) I am going to be able to ask a few players some questions, and just generally talk with them.

    The question is simple, what would you say to any player on this Raptor squad?

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would just talk to them like they were anybody else, I wouldn't pick apart their game and critique them b/c I'm not a loser.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kigali, Rwanda
    Posts
    1,681
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Probably I'd just tell that I'm a huge fan and appreciate their hard work and let's make the playoffs next year.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

  4. Like Blacklash2k4 liked this post
  5. #4
    Raptors Republic Rookie Valantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Motivate them to end the heat's streak tomorrow! if thats not possible, tell them a flagrant two against bosh would be much appreciated

  6. #5
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would talk to all of them and tell them im a huge fan and I root for them all year every game and keep working hard. Well I'd talk to all of them except Bargnani..... can you imagine? I doubt it would be a orthwhile conversation...

  7. #6
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,088
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If I ever get the chance to speak with JV, id tell him what a big influence he has had on me. He has taught me about what attitude to bring into life, the attitude of perseverance, effort, and improvement. Exactly when i needed it most!! Every time I watch him play he never quits. He is always looking to improve, never loses focus by lack of touches, by silly mistakes, by in general being a rookie...

    I expect to grow as a person as JV grows as a player.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  8. #7
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,088
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Amir Johnson would be the next person I talk to, tell him he's my favorite right now and its due to the clear hard work he has put into improving the way he has.

    Demar would be told I want him to retire a Raptor. Because I believe his improvements dont have to stop, and he can be a real homegrown force in this league.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  9. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
  10. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter T.Dot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    218
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    I would talk to all of them and tell them im a huge fan and I root for them all year every game and keep working hard. Well I'd talk to all of them except Bargnani..... can you imagine? I doubt it would be a orthwhile conversation...
    Yeah but you would never know. It's not good to have assumptions about someone then you feel like a fool when they prove you wrong.

  11. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kigali, Rwanda
    Posts
    1,681
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Amir Johnson would be the next person I talk to, tell him he's my favorite right now and its due to the clear hard work he has put into improving the way he has.
    Agree with the above, except that he'd be the first Raptor I'd talk to. I'd also mention that IMO he's the raps MVP this season, because of his leadership. Also that I thought that shaving the logo into his head was the GREATEST IDEA EVER, and I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT!
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

  12. #10
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,559
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    I would talk to all of them and tell them im a huge fan and I root for them all year every game and keep working hard. Well I'd talk to all of them except Bargnani..... can you imagine? I doubt it would be a orthwhile conversation...
    That's disgusting.

    You can hate on Primo's game all you want, but you can't undermine him as a person.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  13. Like Blacklash2k4 liked this post
  14. #11
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I dont like him I want him out of town... 7 long years.

  15. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Amir Johnson would be the next person I talk to, tell him he's my favorite right now and its due to the clear hard work he has put into improving the way he has.

    Demar would be told I want him to retire a Raptor. Because I believe his improvements dont have to stop, and he can be a real homegrown force in this league.
    They ended up starting the shoot around privately, so I did not have the opportunity to talk to all of them, but I did get to talk to Amir, and wow, the guy is focused and positive. He is only 25 but he is a professional. I think he is a lot more mature than a lot of us think. He was one of the only guys who showed up today for the whole game too.

  16. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    Through a lot of luck (and I mean a lot of luck), I have been given the opportunity to meet with some of the Raptor players while they shoot around a couple hours before their game against the Miami Heat tomorrow. As long as the Raps dont call for a private shoot around (they have not all year, but you never know) I am going to be able to ask a few players some questions, and just generally talk with them.

    The question is simple, what would you say to any player on this Raptor squad?
    Please update what response if any you got as often players not keen to talk to much at shootaround....

  17. #14
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Please update what response if any you got as often players not keen to talk to much at shootaround....
    It was all casual. I did not record anything or write anything down, so I do not have any specific quotes or anything. All the responses I got were very professional and sort of standard, but I think all the guys weighted this game a little heavier than usual. Playing the champs on a 21 game streak with Bosh, I felt that they were all just very concerned with winning today. Amir said something about wanting to play the Heat, that this is a game they thought about weeks before.

    I did not get to talk to them as much as I would have liked because they made the first half of the shootaround private, something they rarely do, which makes me think today was a big game for them. Shame it was a loss.

  18. #15
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I remember having a short conversation with Demar during the shoot-around in their pre-season game in Vancouver against the Suns. Really funny guy, and Sonny was with him joking around. It wasn't exactly an analytical, sports interview. Just a fan shouting out and asking a professional athlete some questions.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •