Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you say to any Toronto Raptor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you say to any Toronto Raptor?

Through a lot of luck (and I mean a lot of luck), I have been given the opportunity to meet with some of the Raptor players while they shoot around a couple hours before their game against the Miami Heat tomorrow. As long as the Raps dont call for a private shoot around (they have not all year, but you never know) I am going to be able to ask a few players some questions, and just generally talk with them.

The question is simple, what would you say to any player on this Raptor squad?

I would just talk to them like they were anybody else, I wouldn't pick apart their game and critique them b/c I'm not a loser.

Comment

Probably I'd just tell that I'm a huge fan and appreciate their hard work and let's make the playoffs next year.
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Motivate them to end the heat's streak tomorrow! if thats not possible, tell them a flagrant two against bosh would be much appreciated

Comment

I would talk to all of them and tell them im a huge fan and I root for them all year every game and keep working hard. Well I'd talk to all of them except Bargnani..... can you imagine? I doubt it would be a orthwhile conversation...

Comment

If I ever get the chance to speak with JV, id tell him what a big influence he has had on me. He has taught me about what attitude to bring into life, the attitude of perseverance, effort, and improvement. Exactly when i needed it most!! Every time I watch him play he never quits. He is always looking to improve, never loses focus by lack of touches, by silly mistakes, by in general being a rookie...

I expect to grow as a person as JV grows as a player.
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Amir Johnson would be the next person I talk to, tell him he's my favorite right now and its due to the clear hard work he has put into improving the way he has.

Demar would be told I want him to retire a Raptor. Because I believe his improvements dont have to stop, and he can be a real homegrown force in this league.
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                I would talk to all of them and tell them im a huge fan and I root for them all year every game and keep working hard. Well I'd talk to all of them except Bargnani..... can you imagine? I doubt it would be a orthwhile conversation...
                Yeah but you would never know. It's not good to have assumptions about someone then you feel like a fool when they prove you wrong.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  Amir Johnson would be the next person I talk to, tell him he's my favorite right now and its due to the clear hard work he has put into improving the way he has.
                  Agree with the above, except that he'd be the first Raptor I'd talk to. I'd also mention that IMO he's the raps MVP this season, because of his leadership. Also that I thought that shaving the logo into his head was the GREATEST IDEA EVER, and I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT!
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                    That's disgusting.

You can hate on Primo's game all you want, but you can't undermine him as a person.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I dont like him I want him out of town... 7 long years.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post

Demar would be told I want him to retire a Raptor. Because I believe his improvements dont have to stop, and he can be a real homegrown force in this league.
                        They ended up starting the shoot around privately, so I did not have the opportunity to talk to all of them, but I did get to talk to Amir, and wow, the guy is focused and positive. He is only 25 but he is a professional. I think he is a lot more mature than a lot of us think. He was one of the only guys who showed up today for the whole game too.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                          Through a lot of luck (and I mean a lot of luck), I have been given the opportunity to meet with some of the Raptor players while they shoot around a couple hours before their game against the Miami Heat tomorrow. As long as the Raps dont call for a private shoot around (they have not all year, but you never know) I am going to be able to ask a few players some questions, and just generally talk with them.

The question is simple, what would you say to any player on this Raptor squad?
                          Please update what response if any you got as often players not keen to talk to much at shootaround....

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                            Please update what response if any you got as often players not keen to talk to much at shootaround....
                            It was all casual. I did not record anything or write anything down, so I do not have any specific quotes or anything. All the responses I got were very professional and sort of standard, but I think all the guys weighted this game a little heavier than usual. Playing the champs on a 21 game streak with Bosh, I felt that they were all just very concerned with winning today. Amir said something about wanting to play the Heat, that this is a game they thought about weeks before.

I did not get to talk to them as much as I would have liked because they made the first half of the shootaround private, something they rarely do, which makes me think today was a big game for them. Shame it was a loss.

Comment

I remember having a short conversation with Demar during the shoot-around in their pre-season game in Vancouver against the Suns. Really funny guy, and Sonny was with him joking around. It wasn't exactly an analytical, sports interview. Just a fan shouting out and asking a professional athlete some questions.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                              X