Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hypothetically if we get top 3 pick who would you draft?

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I would look to trade down with another team and get a lower pick plus another asset.

The experience Toronto has cannot be emphasized enough among the starters. DeRozan is no longer an inexperienced chump - nor is he about to be paid like one. There are a lot of successful teams with young talent among the starters and playing big minutes. TALENT is more important than anything else..... with a coach who believes in the ability of the player, of course.
    I don't think the Raptors would be able to convince a team to trade up and relinquish another asset when everyone pretty much seems to agree that this draft is weak especially near the top of the draft.

If teams are weary of losing cap space then drafting in the top 3 could be bad considering those guys get more guaranteed money and are probably not going to be game changers in the league.

I would do it to if it was an option but I don't think it will be.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I don't think the Raptors would be able to convince a team to trade up and relinquish another asset when everyone pretty much seems to agree that this draft is weak especially near the top of the draft.

If teams are weary of losing cap space then drafting in the top 3 could be bad considering those guys get more guaranteed money and are probably not going to be game changers in the league.

Good points.

One of the things I thought about was the expense of a top 3 pick - that would be an issue for other teams as well.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Rookie RobertArchibald's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    you know what would be great? If we could unload ALL our shit contracts (bargnani,fields,kleiza,..)on a small market team with capspace this summer (like the utah jazz) with the pick. That way, the small market team get's talent they wouldn't be able to attract in free agency, and we get out of an ugly financial situation.

We do not need a rookie at this point, and already have players to build around.
    In what universe are Bargs, Fields and Kleiza considered talent for a small market team? No team is taking our awful players with awful contracts. Quantity doesn't hide the quality. Never gonna happen.
    There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

4. Like Matt52 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post

Im not so sure about that. Someone like us (who otherwise would pick at, say 10-15th, could very well trade up for a top 3 pick if it cost them, say, a future first rounder that they dont think will be very valuable next year (not because the draft isnt strong, but because they think their pick will be low).

In fact, if BC could somehow trade with himself, this is exactly the type of deal he would love to take the other side of .. so I dont think its crazy that others might too

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting perspective:

Sam Amico: Another NBA scout said, "Most GMs wish they could sit out this draft. Problem is, nobody else is gonna want their picks." Twitter

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I am steering clear of Zeller like the plauge... Dunno why i just think hes most over rated player in the draft and is gunna be a huge bust in nba. There are a very small handful of players i like which i have named more or less, march madness will give us all a look at a lot of these players and be able to critique them more.

i keep hearing about otto out of Georgetown someone wanna describe him to me? I've looked on mock draft sites for their perspective but they are so wrong a lot of the time.. for example last year they said Bradley Beal was most similar to Ray Allen....... LOL

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting perspective:
    I find this funny to all the people who made fun of the Lowry deal. Giving up what will most likely be around 10-12 pick in a terrible draft for a starting (part struggling but still.) PG... i'd still take that deal any day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Burnit482 wrote: View Post
    I find this funny to all the people who made fun of the Lowry deal. Giving up what will most likely be around 10-12 pick in a terrible draft for a starting (part struggling but still.) PG... i'd still take that deal any day.
    Myck Kabongo would likely be still on the board around 10-12. Not hyping the guy because he's Canadian but he's a very exciting young PG to watch with tremendous upside.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Myck Kabongo would likely be still on the board around 10-12. Not hyping the guy because he's Canadian but he's a very exciting young PG to watch with tremendous upside.
    From what I've been reading unless Kabongo does something exceptional at the pre-draft camps/combine he'll be on the board for a lot longer than #12.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    From what I've been reading unless Kabongo does something exceptional at the pre-draft camps/combine he'll be on the board for a lot longer than #12.
    #10-12 of the second round might do it though.
    Tim Leiweke

12. Like white men can't jump liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd take Nerlens Noel for the same reason I wanted Drummond. You can pair him up with JV to create an area of dominance on your team and then build around them.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    I'd love to pick Kabongo up at the tail end of the first round, early 2nd round. His stock has plummeted the last two years. He is a true pass first point guard, who they could afford to bring along slowly.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting perspective:
    That's exactly my sentiments, other then Noel, Shabazz (what a great name), and Mclemore this draft is quite boring, with a lot of gm's loathing the fact that they have to sign these players to contracts. This may be worse then 2006, and that is saying something.
    @RavNation

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd prefer Noel, Shabazz and Victor Oladipo

Thread Information