Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OMGWTF Jamison and Butler to Boston for a pile of crap and Ray Allen rumor thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The OMGWTF Jamison and Butler to Boston for a pile of crap and Ray Allen rumor thread

In a dramatic move that would resuscitate their fading championship hopes, the Boston Celtics are discussing a deal with the Washington Wizards for forwards Antawn Jamison(notes) and Caron Butler(notes), league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Friday.

The proposed deal would send the expiring contracts of Ray Allen(notes), Brian Scalabrine(notes) and J.R. Giddens(notes) to the Wizards, a move that would signal the start of Washington’s rebuilding process.

The trade isn’t imminent, but talks have progressed and Celtics GM Danny Ainge has positioned his organization to make one of the boldest trade deadline moves in years. For the Celtics, ownership would have to agree to take on an additional $24 million in salary next season between Jamison and Butler. Jamison makes more than $15 million in 2011-12, but most owners are discounting those salaries because of an assumption that there will be a labor lockout and some, if not all, of that money will never be paid to the players.
    Yahoo Sports

This one kind of infuriates me. I mean come on, the best deal available if Ray Allen's expiring contract and bunch of crap? This is worse than the Raptors/Nets Vince Carter deal by a mile. I don't get it and I can tell you one thing, if the Celtics get this I'm going to be pissed.

My God, if Boston pulls that deal you can hand them the title.

Comment

Just when you thought you couldn't hate the Celtics anymore

Comment

if Washington is going take that we might as well offer banks, pob, rasho a washcloth and a Jose Calderon bobble head... they might think about it.

Comment

The value of expiring contracts
          RR OG

Comment

That's only if this rumor of talks actually pull through, can't imagine the Wizards would do such a trade. If this goes through will be like the magnitute of the Gasol trade to the Lakers and similair in value in return with different players...

Comment

It would be worse than the Gasol trade.

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                The value of expiring contracts
                Yup, that could've been us if BC wasn't so eager to salvage nothing out of last season by giving up on O'Neal. That contract right now is the Ace of Spades.

Comment

There was no way in the past to know what is taking place in Washington now. There was no way to plan for it. What Colangelo did plan for was to do everything he could to keep Chris Bosh and that's worth a lot more than Jermaine O'Neal's expiring contract.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                    Yup, that could've been us if BC wasn't so eager to salvage nothing out of last season by giving up on O'Neal. That contract right now is the Ace of Spades.
                    WHile I didn't want to trade O'Neal, that's a ridiculous statement. First of all, this is a rumour and that's all. There are a bunch of expiring contracts out there and, so far, none have gotten anything. Personally, I'd rather have actual deals, rather than rumoured deals.

Secondly, if Colangelo had waited, what are the chances Bosh would re-sign? The team i playing some of the best basketball in franchise history, and you're complaining because the Raptors don't have a big expiring contract so they can be mentioned in ridiculous trade rumours?
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Well Caron is gonna be traded to Dallas, the deal is almost done, but I heard Boston is still after Jamison. I guess Garnett isn't cutting it anymore lol
                      Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Gurk wrote: View Post
                        Well Caron is gonna be traded to Dallas, the deal is almost done, but I heard Boston is still after Jamison. I guess Garnett isn't cutting it anymore lol
                        COME ON COLANGELO POP UP YOUR COLLAR AND GET IN THERE!!

Snag Haywood with a better package or something!!

Comment

lol the discussed deal is:

Butler
                          Haywood
                          Stevenson

for

Howard
                          Gooden
                          Other crap I forgot
                          Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Gurk wrote: View Post
                            lol the discussed deal is:

Butler
                            Haywood
                            Stevenson

for

Howard
                            Gooden
                            Other crap I forgot
                            They are all expiring deals, I would think that Washington can get a better package of younger players and draft picks for Caron and Haywood.

The "Fire Sale" sign is going up in Washington alright.

Comment

Working...
                            X