Boston Celtics Ruined NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Celtics Ruined NBA

I dont no why everyone says the miami heat ruined the nba by coming to together to make the big 3. The real truth is the boston celtics did this first in 2007. Ever since then all stars have been coming together to make super teams. The Lebron, wade, and bosh only joined forces because none of them could individually defeat the celtics. Kevin Garnett is a hypocryte because he doesnt like the heat cuz of them joining together. He did that first in BOSton. So every1 shud stop saying that the heat ruined the nba,it was the celtics.
    TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS #tradeBargnani..

The super teams are what make the NBA somewhat interesting.

Comment

RaptorFanatic01 wrote: View Post
      I dont no why everyone says the miami heat ruined the nba by coming to together to make the big 3. The real truth is the boston celtics did this first in 2007. Ever since then all stars have been coming together to make super teams. The Lebron, wade, and bosh only joined forces because none of them could individually defeat the celtics. Kevin Garnett is a hypocryte because he doesnt like the heat cuz of them joining together. He did that first in BOSton. So every1 shud stop saying that the heat ruined the nba,it was the celtics.
      The difference between Boston and Miami, is that Boston was put together by saving up tradable assets, and moving them when the right moves came along. Boston Big 3 was just a result of good management.

Miami's was 3 players colluding to make it happen. While Miami's Big 3 did require a few shrewd, savvy moves (moving Beasley for a 2nd Rounder) it was more 3 players who wanted so badly to play together, that they would make the appropriate decisions behind closed doors, and also make the needed sacrifices (Bosh and Lebron took less money).

Besides those two teams though, I'm not sure who else you are referring to, when you say "ever since then All-Stars have been coming together to make super teams".

And I disagree that either has 'ruined' the NBA. If anything, its just more interesting.

Comment

Calling each other buddies, and saying "we should all go sign in Miami" is much different than "I don't want to be here, unless someone else comes to this recent losing franchise." Just saying, but Garnett didn't want to be a Celtic until Allen was traded. Two COMPLETELY different things. Boston's 3 were loyal to their franchises, while Bosh and LeBron left Cleveland and Toronto high and dry.

Ruining the NBA? Not at all, saving and making it more interesting to go out and watch two super teams go at it i.e Lakers, Heat, hell yes.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Obviously you dont know too much about NBA history.

Showtime Lakers anybody? That team had 4... 4 HOF's.
          Superteams always appear, at least once a decade.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
            Calling each other buddies, and saying "we should all go sign in Miami" is much different than "I don't want to be here, unless someone else comes to this recent losing franchise." Just saying, but Garnett didn't want to be a Celtic until Allen was traded. Two COMPLETELY different things. Boston's 3 were loyal to their franchises, while Bosh and LeBron left Cleveland and Toronto high and dry.

Ruining the NBA? Not at all, saving and making it more interesting to go out and watch two super teams go at it i.e Lakers, Heat, hell yes.
            Only like the first part of your post. Spot on assessment of superteams and the differences between how they're made.

Maybe they did't ruin the NBA, and I think it has nothing to do with the superteam aspect, but I just have hated the way these Celtics have played basketball since they got KG. They play like punks, and they get away with it. Just my opinion though. I mean, it's unfortunate and alarming when in a Finals game that Artest is dominating, I feel that everyone on the other team is playing dirtier basketball.

Comment

obviously you dont understand this thread. im talking about the present not the past.
              TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS #tradeBargnani..

Comment

ok well kevin garnett did not want to go to boston. he only agreed to go when they got ray allen.

Comment

obviously you dont understand this thread. im talking about the present not the past.
                  i hate to be a dick...

The real truth is the boston celtics did this first in 2007.
                  but i dont think you understand your own thread
                  Last edited by heinz57; Tue Mar 19, 2013, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Also, the new CBA is probably going to make "super teams" even more difficult to come by, or require stars to take bigger pay cuts.
                    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                      i hate to be a dick...

but i dont think you understand your own thread
                      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. I'm drooling in laughter right now. LOL.

Comment

Miami is at fault because they got caught colluding. If they were smarter about it and didn't make it so obvious , they wouldn't generate this much hate.

Comment

Along with all the clear differences previously stated (like Boston was done with trades, there was no evident discussion between players, etc), there is also a huge difference between 3 of the top 20 guys in the NBA like Boston did, and 2 of the top 3 guys (plus 1 of the top 15) like Miami did.

My biggest problem was most specifically with Wade and Lebron teaming up. They are two of the best players of our generation, and it is rather lame to see them join up (especially when Cleavland and Miami had tons of great games against eachother, it was a good rivalry). No more spirit of competition.

Comment

if garnett, and allen didnt go to boston, the nba would be a different league right now

Comment

if garnett, and allen didnt go to boston, the nba would be a different league right now
                              If Magic wasn't with Cooper and James Worthy, the NBA would be a different league right now.

If Bird wasn't playing with Mchale, Parish and Johnson, the NBA would be a different league right now.

If Rodman hadn't joined Michael and Pippen, the NBA would be a different league right now.

If Shaq wasn't traded to the Lakers and joined forces with Kobe, and even down the road when Malone joined near the end of his career, the NBA would be a different league right now.

You might be able to make an argument for Chris Mullen, Mitch Richmond, and Tim Hardaway. The NBA would be a different league right now.

How about Hornacek, Stockton and Malone? The NBA would be a different league right now.

Enough with the fantasizing about what if, If, IF. It's pointless, and super teams are great in so many ways for the NBA, and while it might have made the league different if there weren't any, it also would have it's negatives. Likewise for super teams... There were many teams in the past with more than 1 all-star calibre, big name player on their roster.

You can use examples now about the Spurs, having Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan. Now with Carmelo, Stoudemire, and Chandler. He we are now with the Heat and Lakers.

Seriously, what is your point of this thread, because I don't even think I get the point. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X