View Poll Results: Would we have beaten the wizards in round 1?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 62.50%
  • No

3 37.50%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What if Mo Pete missed the 3 pointer against the Wizards

Hybrid View

Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorFanatic01's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What if Mo Pete missed the 3 pointer against the Wizards

I've been thinking, what if Mo Pete missed the amazing 3 pointer against the Wizards in 2006/07. If he did we would have still finished 3rd in the east and played the Wizards in round 1. The Wizards would have finished 42-40 and the Nets 41-41, we would have finished 46-36. It would have been a much easier series then the one against the Nets. We would have advanced to the 2nd round easily because they didnt have there best player gilbert arenas. I believe we would have given Cleveland all they could handle in the semi finals, but ultimately lose in 6 games.Im not saying he should of missed cuz we were behind the wizards in the standings in this game but im saying what if.

TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS #tradeBargnani..

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bosh would've still bolted 3 years later, so we'd still wind up being in the place we are now
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

...and if the draft lottery was more kind to us, we would have drafted LBJ or Wade instead of Bosh! What's the point of rehashing insane "what if" fantasies?

Post Thanks / Like

im just say wat if. dont need to overreact
    TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS #tradeBargnani..

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorFanatic01 wrote: View Post
    It's just really pointless! It's a pointless discussion. Why dwell on the past when nothing will change if we do? Focus on where we are now and in the future!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

It's amazing how your thread is received as a pointless What If but I can't recall how many threads I have seen about "What if we drafted someone other than Bargnani", none of which was called pointless...

The interesting thing about what if we had finished in a different position is that there are a number of basketball simulation programs which you can use to explore that situation. Action! PC Basketball for example would allow you to do just that if you bought the game and the specific season.

http://www.dksports.com/basketball.htm

Post Thanks / Like

YES. why do people think my thread is pointless there are some many threads just like mine

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    It's amazing how your thread is received as a pointless What If but I can't recall how many threads I have seen about "What if we drafted someone other than Bargnani", none of which was called pointless...

The interesting thing about what if we had finished in a different position is that there are a number of basketball simulation programs which you can use to explore that situation. Action! PC Basketball for example would allow you to do just that if you bought the game and the specific season.

http://www.dksports.com/basketball.htm
    yes because there was no one at the time calling those threads pointless.......

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    yes because there was no one at the time calling those threads pointless.......
    Tell me then what is the point of any trade proposal on these forums? None whatsoever in my opinion because we cannot influence BryCo's decision to trade or not trade a player. And yet, I sometimes respond to trade ideas.

What is the point of "I think this guy is crap" or "This guy deserves more playing time". Again, none whatsoever because we cannot influence the coach's rotations.

RR is a basketball forum in which we discuss some interesting and some not so interesting ideas and opinions, almost all entirely pointless. One guy's interest in a what if situation several seasons ago is certainly more interesting to me than "The Raptors should pick up X which team Y just waived" threads and how many of those have we seen this season?

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    ...and if the draft lottery was more kind to us, we would have drafted LBJ or Wade instead of Bosh! What's the point of rehashing insane "what if" fantasies?
    we could have still drafted d wade
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad Mo Pete hit that shot because it is was such a great memory of a bizarre ending to a game that went in the Raptors' favour for once.

This recent buzzer beater in a New York high school playoff game reminded me of the Mo Pete shot in that the player who made the initial steal should have just held on the ball instead of tossing it up in the air.

Last edited by stretch; Tue Mar 19th, 2013 at 04:36 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

That kid didn't get the shot off in time. Ball's still in his hands and the backboard red lights are on. But they ain't got replay check in high school games.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just loved the Wizards TV guys' reaction. "Noooo!!! Not possible! Not possible!"
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

What if...

We WOULD HAVE WON THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

How do people come up with this stuff?

Post Thanks / Like

simple im a huge fan

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't tell but is there a "Who cares?" option in the poll?
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking, what if Mo Pete missed the amazing 3 pointer against the Wizards in 2006/07. If he did we would have still finished 3rd in the east and played the Wizards in round 1. The Wizards would have finished 42-40 and the Nets 41-41, we would have finished 46-36. It would have been a much easier series then the one against the Nets. We would have advanced to the 2nd round easily because they didnt have there best player gilbert arenas. I believe we would have given Cleveland all they could handle in the semi finals, but ultimately lose in 6 games.Im not saying he should of missed cuz we were behind the wizards in the standings in this game but im saying what if.

Stellar post here. Great application of the 'Butterly Effect', meaning this would have had an effect not only on basketball, but the world in general. Hence, George Bush would have been elected to an unprecented 3rd term, the Mayan prophecy would have been fulfilled and I would have bought truckloads of Apple stock. Damn Mo Pete.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Stellar post here. Great application of the 'Butterly Effect', meaning this would have had an effect not only on basketball, but the world in general. Hence, George Bush would have been elected to an unprecented 3rd term, the Mayan prophecy would have been fulfilled and I would have bought truckloads of Apple stock. Damn Mo Pete.
    It would have taken a constitutional amendment for GWB to have been elected to a third term. It's not unprecedented, however. FDR was elected to 4 consecutive terms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-...s_Constitution

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Your use of sarcasm is surprisingly appreciated.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information