View Poll Results: Would we have beaten the wizards in round 1?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 62.50%
  • No

3 37.50%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What if Mo Pete missed the 3 pointer against the Wizards

Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorFanatic01's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What if Mo Pete missed the 3 pointer against the Wizards

I've been thinking, what if Mo Pete missed the amazing 3 pointer against the Wizards in 2006/07. If he did we would have still finished 3rd in the east and played the Wizards in round 1. The Wizards would have finished 42-40 and the Nets 41-41, we would have finished 46-36. It would have been a much easier series then the one against the Nets. We would have advanced to the 2nd round easily because they didnt have there best player gilbert arenas. I believe we would have given Cleveland all they could handle in the semi finals, but ultimately lose in 6 games.Im not saying he should of missed cuz we were behind the wizards in the standings in this game but im saying what if.

TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS #tradeBargnani..

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bosh would've still bolted 3 years later, so we'd still wind up being in the place we are now
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

...and if the draft lottery was more kind to us, we would have drafted LBJ or Wade instead of Bosh! What's the point of rehashing insane "what if" fantasies?

4. Like Blacklash2k4 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

im just say wat if. dont need to overreact
    TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS #tradeBargnani..

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorFanatic01 wrote: View Post
    im just say wat if. dont need to overreact
    It's just really pointless! It's a pointless discussion. Why dwell on the past when nothing will change if we do? Focus on where we are now and in the future!

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad Mo Pete hit that shot because it is was such a great memory of a bizarre ending to a game that went in the Raptors' favour for once.

This recent buzzer beater in a New York high school playoff game reminded me of the Mo Pete shot in that the player who made the initial steal should have just held on the ball instead of tossing it up in the air.

Last edited by stretch; Tue Mar 19th, 2013 at 04:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I just loved the Wizards TV guys' reaction. "Noooo!!! Not possible! Not possible!"
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

9. Like Axel, white men can't jump liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What if...

We WOULD HAVE WON THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

How do people come up with this stuff?

Post Thanks / Like

simple im a huge fan

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't tell but is there a "Who cares?" option in the poll?
    Twitter - @thekid_it

14. Like Blacklash2k4, ReubenJRD liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorFanatic01 wrote: View Post
    I've been thinking, what if Mo Pete missed the amazing 3 pointer against the Wizards in 2006/07. If he did we would have still finished 3rd in the east and played the Wizards in round 1. The Wizards would have finished 42-40 and the Nets 41-41, we would have finished 46-36. It would have been a much easier series then the one against the Nets. We would have advanced to the 2nd round easily because they didnt have there best player gilbert arenas. I believe we would have given Cleveland all they could handle in the semi finals, but ultimately lose in 6 games.Im not saying he should of missed cuz we were behind the wizards in the standings in this game but im saying what if.

Stellar post here. Great application of the 'Butterly Effect', meaning this would have had an effect not only on basketball, but the world in general. Hence, George Bush would have been elected to an unprecented 3rd term, the Mayan prophecy would have been fulfilled and I would have bought truckloads of Apple stock. Damn Mo Pete.

16. Like heinz57, ReubenJRD liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Stellar post here. Great application of the 'Butterly Effect', meaning this would have had an effect not only on basketball, but the world in general. Hence, George Bush would have been elected to an unprecented 3rd term, the Mayan prophecy would have been fulfilled and I would have bought truckloads of Apple stock. Damn Mo Pete.
    It would have taken a constitutional amendment for GWB to have been elected to a third term. It's not unprecedented, however. FDR was elected to 4 consecutive terms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-...s_Constitution

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Your use of sarcasm is surprisingly appreciated.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Starter mike, prague's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah they likely would have ...
    But regarding the shot.... That was my favourite shot in Raptors history... and also part of the reason why Mo Pete is and probably will be for a very long time my favourite guy to put on a Raps jersey. Really its impossible for me to forget that shot.
    Mo Pete where the friggin unsuspected happens!!

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What if Vince hit that last second shot against Philly back in Game 7 of the 01 playoffs? what if, what if........
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

What if the New Jersey Nets didn't lay a complete EGG in the final game of last season, and we lost the game? We would've ended up with the 6th pick, drafted Damian Lillard, not traded for Lowry (and kept our 2013 1st round pick)....and likely be in the exact same position today.....again

FML as a Raptors fan....

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

its all good

thanks for the trip down memory lane.

onions baby onions!
    Entourage: Harvey - "E (BC) was right, there's genius in this (Bargnani)"
    Ari - "You wanna buy it?"
    Harvey - "I do, for a dollar"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    What if the New Jersey Nets didn't lay a complete EGG in the final game of last season, and we lost the game? We would've ended up with the 6th pick, drafted Damian Lillard, not traded for Lowry (and kept our 2013 1st round pick)....and likely be in the exact same position today.....again

FML as a Raptors fan....
    They also wouldn't have overpaid for Fields, since there wouldn't have been a Nash pursuit... not that I'm trying to make your day any worse...

24. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    They also wouldn't have overpaid for Fields, since there wouldn't have been a Nash pursuit... not that I'm trying to make your day any worse...
    I think the Nash pursuit was going to happen regardless even if they got Lillard in the draft. Although at the 6th spot my guess would be that Bryan would have drafted Barnes anyways.

26. Like white men can't jump liked this post

Thread Information