View Poll Results: Would we have beaten the wizards in round 1?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 62.50%
  • No

    3 37.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: What if Mo Pete missed the 3 pointer against the Wizards

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic All-Star e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    ...and if the draft lottery was more kind to us, we would have drafted LBJ or Wade instead of Bosh! What's the point of rehashing insane "what if" fantasies?
    we could have still drafted d wade
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That kid didn't get the shot off in time. Ball's still in his hands and the backboard red lights are on. But they ain't got replay check in high school games.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    793
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorFanatic01 wrote: View Post
    im just say wat if. dont need to overreact
    It's amazing how your thread is received as a pointless What If but I can't recall how many threads I have seen about "What if we drafted someone other than Bargnani", none of which was called pointless...

    The interesting thing about what if we had finished in a different position is that there are a number of basketball simulation programs which you can use to explore that situation. Action! PC Basketball for example would allow you to do just that if you bought the game and the specific season.

    http://www.dksports.com/basketball.htm

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorFanatic01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    YES. why do people think my thread is pointless there are some many threads just like mine
    TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS #tradeBargnani..

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    It's amazing how your thread is received as a pointless What If but I can't recall how many threads I have seen about "What if we drafted someone other than Bargnani", none of which was called pointless...

    The interesting thing about what if we had finished in a different position is that there are a number of basketball simulation programs which you can use to explore that situation. Action! PC Basketball for example would allow you to do just that if you bought the game and the specific season.

    http://www.dksports.com/basketball.htm
    yes because there was no one at the time calling those threads pointless.......

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    793
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    yes because there was no one at the time calling those threads pointless.......
    Tell me then what is the point of any trade proposal on these forums? None whatsoever in my opinion because we cannot influence BryCo's decision to trade or not trade a player. And yet, I sometimes respond to trade ideas.

    What is the point of "I think this guy is crap" or "This guy deserves more playing time". Again, none whatsoever because we cannot influence the coach's rotations.

    RR is a basketball forum in which we discuss some interesting and some not so interesting ideas and opinions, almost all entirely pointless. One guy's interest in a what if situation several seasons ago is certainly more interesting to me than "The Raptors should pick up X which team Y just waived" threads and how many of those have we seen this season?

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    Tell me then what is the point of any trade proposal on these forums? None whatsoever in my opinion because we cannot influence BryCo's decision to trade or not trade a player. And yet, I sometimes respond to trade ideas.

    What is the point of "I think this guy is crap" or "This guy deserves more playing time". Again, none whatsoever because we cannot influence the coach's rotations.

    RR is a basketball forum in which we discuss some interesting and some not so interesting ideas and opinions, almost all entirely pointless. One guy's interest in a what if situation several seasons ago is certainly more interesting to me than "The Raptors should pick up X which team Y just waived" threads and how many of those have we seen this season?
    Well thanks a lot -_-

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    Tell me then what is the point of any trade proposal on these forums? None whatsoever in my opinion because we cannot influence BryCo's decision to trade or not trade a player. And yet, I sometimes respond to trade ideas.

    What is the point of "I think this guy is crap" or "This guy deserves more playing time". Again, none whatsoever because we cannot influence the coach's rotations.

    RR is a basketball forum in which we discuss some interesting and some not so interesting ideas and opinions, almost all entirely pointless. One guy's interest in a what if situation several seasons ago is certainly more interesting to me than "The Raptors should pick up X which team Y just waived" threads and how many of those have we seen this season?
    You mean bryan colangelo doesn't read this forum religously, and take all our thoughts into consideration before making a decision? Im shocked.

    Seriously though, trade proposals and their suspected ramifications are more relevant discussion because they pertain to the current affairs of the team. And in a simplistic way, we can point to the empirical evidence on the court to give some credibility to our arguments, can't do that with this guys thread, unless you have a time machine in your basement we don't know about. Now I realize that is all opinion, but there are others that feel this way judging from the general "oh no what is this bullshit" tone of other posters in this thread.

    same argument applies to coaching rotations.

    Of course we could just poo-poo everything, by saying who cares no one gives a crap what we think, but then we wouldn't have a forum would we?

    all the same I respect your argument, and your opinion of what is interesting to you.

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i generally don't like hypothetical conversations.. not because they're stupid, but because for me, personally, hypotheticals do no good. i tend to live in the present. if i'm eating lunch, i'm not thinking "well, what if i had pancakes instead of waffles for breakfast?" or "if i go to koreatown after work, buy a tub of kimchi, then go to the veggie market and pick up green onions and tofu, with what i have in the fridge at home, i can probably make some kimchi stew for dinner".. when i'm eating lunch, i'm pretty focused on what's going on right at that moment. but have no problem with other people having these discussions.. i tend to stay out of them though.

    but hypotheticals about minute events are ridiculous. things happened. that's life. deal with it.

    i like to put butter on my waffles before maple syrup.. i didnt have butter... my breakfast was slightly shittier than it could have been. OH WELL. it's over.

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,124
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    Tell me then what is the point of any trade proposal on these forums? None whatsoever in my opinion because we cannot influence BryCo's decision to trade or not trade a player. And yet, I sometimes respond to trade ideas.
    Ok, I hear ya, but further to Akasingh's comments, a discussion about the Raptors acquiring player X (trade, free agent, trade, etc...) is something that can actually happen, with pros/cons discussed & debated in advance, and then see the actual result and go back and see what everybody said about it. Case in point is the recent Gay trade or the even the non-trade of Andrea helping/hurting the team. To me this seems like a higher quality conversation with a beginning, middle & end, rather than a completely open-ended discussion that leads to nowhere in particular.
    Last edited by golden; Fri Mar 22nd, 2013 at 04:28 PM.

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    793
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Ok, I hear ya, but further to Akasingh's comments, a discussion about the Raptors acquiring player X (trade, free agent, trade, etc...) is something that can actually happen, with pros/cons discussed & debated in advance, and then see the actual result and go back and see what everybody said about it. Case in point is the recent Gay trade or the even the non-trade of Andrea helping/hurting the team. To me this seems like a higher quality conversation with a beginning, middle & end, rather than a completely open-ended discussion that leads to nowhere in particular.
    There are several basketball simulation programs out that allows you test a hypothesis; I linked to one relative inexpensive one in an earlier post in this thread. These simulations can be used to give you some clue about how things might have evolved had X happened instead of Y.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •