View Poll Results: Should the raptors change their uniform?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 63.16%
  • No

    14 36.84%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 65

Thread: New Uniforms 2014

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I voted no because I love the black visitor uniform but I hate the home colors I know its to rep Canada but it should be made nicer.... Its just so... BLah.

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,862
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not that I care too much, either way, but I've been slightly annoyed by the use of red since they adopted it. I don't think it looks too bad, but it might be the most common colour in the NBA these days (you know, counting slight variations too like "wine" coloured, which is just darker red).

    I would love for the Raps to do something new and original (this means not taking the standard TO blue and white as well....seriously, why are Toronto sports fans the only ones who want all their teams to use the same colours? I blame the Leafs)

  3. #23
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,288
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorFanatic01 wrote: View Post
    ur obviously not a fan, if u dont understand
    I've been a passionate Raptors fan since Toronto was first awarded an NBA franchise and there are 2 questions I have about this thread (aside from the fact that it's the same thread that gets rehashed every few months):

    1. What is this 'new era' you mentioned in your first post?

    The team's ownership, management, coaching and core roster are the same as they've been for the past few seasons. The only roster additions were draft picks (Valanciunas & Ross) and trade acquisitions (Lowry & Gay). I fail to see how some roster changes constitute a 'new era', as roster turnover is a natural part of life for all professional sports teams. The "Mighty Mouse era" or "Vinsanity era" or "Bosh era" are simply ways to remember certain periods of Raptors history with fondness and nostalgia, nothing more meaningful than that.

    2. What does changing a uniform have to do with either a 'new era' or the actual results in the win/loss column?

    New uniforms have more to do with marketing & merchandise sales than anything else. A new uniform won't change the skill/effort of the players on the roster. A new uniform won't change the strategy of management or the coaching staff. A new uniform won't improve the team's ability to attract free agent talent (not that they have the cap space for it). A new uniform won't improve the team's record or make them a playoff team.


    I think this talk of 'new uniforms for a new era of Raptors basketball' is a result of drinking the Raptors PR koolaid and being brainwashed by Raptors marketing. I don't have any issues with hope, but talk of a 'new era' is just a little too corny for me.
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Mar 20th, 2013 at 12:33 PM.

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,559
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I've been a passionate Raptors fan since Toronto was first awarded an NBA franchise and there are 2 questions I have about this thread (aside from the fact that it's the same thread that gets rehashed every few months):

    1. What is this 'new era' you mentioned in your first post?

    The team's ownership, management, coaching and core roster are the same as they've been for the past few seasons. The only roster additions were draft picks (Valanciunas & Ross) and trade acquisitions (Lowry & Gay). I fail to see how some roster changes constitute a 'new era', as roster turnover is a natural part of life for all professional sports teams. The "Mighty Mouse era" or "Vinsanity era" or "Bosh era" are simply ways to remember certain periods of Raptors history with fondness and nostalgia, nothing more meaningful than that.

    2. What does changing a uniform have to do with either a 'new era' or the actual results in the win/loss column?

    New uniforms have more to do with marketing & merchandise sales than anything else. A new uniform won't change the skill/effort of the players on the roster. A new uniform won't change the strategy of management or the coaching staff. A new uniform won't improve the team's ability to attract free agent talent (not that they have the cap space for it). A new uniform won't improve the team's record or make them a playoff team.


    I think this talk of 'new uniforms for a new era of Raptors basketball' is a result of drinking the Raptors PR koolaid and being brainwashed by Raptors marketing. I don't have any issues with hope, but talk of a 'new era' is just a little too corny for me.
    I have no idea what the creator of this thread had in mind with "new era", but it may refer to the change in atmosphere with the overdue arrival of a superstar, Rudy Gay. A new uniform may also attribute to this change in atmosphere.

    However, I don't agree with any of this, I'm just trying to rationalize maybe what raptor fanatic had in mind. I voted no.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Perhaps we're referring to the Telfair era?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  6. Like white men can't jump liked this post
  7. #26
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    In a perfect world BC and Casey would get the ax, Bargs would get shipped out and we'd have some competent pieces in place. Then we could change the unis and have a clean slate.

    That said they'll probably extent BC.

  8. #27
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Regardless of personnel, it won't feel like a new era until this team is in the playoffs again.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  9. #28
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,862
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Perhaps we're referring to the Telfair era?
    So we're giving up on Lucas?

  10. #29
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,862
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    In a perfect world BC and Casey would get the ax, Bargs would get shipped out and we'd have some competent pieces in place. Then we could change the unis and have a clean slate.

    That said they'll probably extent BC.
    The Raptors paradox: how can we clean house and acquire competent pieces with incompetent pieces currently in the front office?

  11. #30
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    So we're giving up on Lucas?
    Lucas has value on the market maybe small but value none the less. Telfair has been playing over him and doing a reasonable job as the 3rd option guard. As for BC pretty sure he saved his job with the Rudy Gay deal.

  12. #31
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,862
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Lucas has value on the market maybe small but value none the less. Telfair has been playing over him and doing a reasonable job as the 3rd option guard. As for BC pretty sure he saved his job with the Rudy Gay deal.
    It was a joke man, replying to Nilanka's "Telfair era" comment .

    Neither are really stellar options as a primary backup, but both are good as 3rd stringers who can move up a peg.

  13. #32
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Guys, guys....no need to butt heads over this. We'll simply call it the "Telcus Era".....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  14. #33
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,862
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Guys, guys....no need to butt heads over this. We'll simply call it the "Telcus Era".....
    Forderon, eat your heart out...

    *Also, Telcus seems dangerously close to something Telus could sue you for...

  15. #34
    Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorFanatic01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    the era is, that now we have a new face of the franchise in rudy gay. when chris bosh left that started a new era in raptors basketball. now that we have rudy gay its a new era
    TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS #tradeBargnani..

  16. #35
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    so there's only really been 3 eras... always defined by the mop girls.

    The current asian girl of indeterminate age and hotness who i'll fap over anyways era

    The previous hot blond chick who i definitely fapped over era

    and then there was the dark age. the pre ever noticing the mop girls at all.. if it was even a girl back then era

  17. #36
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,862
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    NO. they're fine. and definitely don't bring back purple.

    all its going to get is negative backlash anyway. re:spending needless money on something insignificant while the team is still losing a lot.

  18. #37
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just change the colour back to purple and black, and white. Not the purple dinosaur one, too extreme. I wanna get rid of the red, too many teams use red as their teams colour, I would like some orginality..

  19. #38
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh god yes.

    The red needs to go.

  20. #39
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,801
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What new era? until we crack 47+ wins there should be no discussions on a "new era".

  21. #40
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    everyone thinks that the raptors need a change in uniforms...in reality they need a change in management, coaching and point guard position..just bring the throwback raptor jersey's for a couple games.. im very surprised the suns and bucks got those ugly throwbacks this year for a couple games...and we didnt...i guess thats what happens when you r the raptors

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •