No announcement yet.

New Uniforms 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think is purple is okay as long as you increase the blue tint in the purple. The issue with our old purple was there was too much red. Dark purple (or violet?) looks fine. I'm okay with TO as well, similar to the shortened PHX. Perhaps T.Dot works better. Actually, that would look stupid. Nevermind.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

New era isnt a official until Bargnani gets the fuck outta dodge....

Comment

Uniforms are fine, I would like a name change, though.

Comment

ur obviously not a fan, if u dont understand
          TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS #tradeBargnani..

Comment

RaptorFanatic01 wrote: View Post
            Clearly I am not the fan that you are. Care to explain what this "new era" is all about?
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

I voted no because I love the black visitor uniform but I hate the home colors I know its to rep Canada but it should be made nicer.... Its just so... BLah.

Comment

Not that I care too much, either way, but I've been slightly annoyed by the use of red since they adopted it. I don't think it looks too bad, but it might be the most common colour in the NBA these days (you know, counting slight variations too like "wine" coloured, which is just darker red).

I would love for the Raps to do something new and original (this means not taking the standard TO blue and white as well....seriously, why are Toronto sports fans the only ones who want all their teams to use the same colours? I blame the Leafs)

Comment

RaptorFanatic01 wrote: View Post
                  I've been a passionate Raptors fan since Toronto was first awarded an NBA franchise and there are 2 questions I have about this thread (aside from the fact that it's the same thread that gets rehashed every few months):

1. What is this 'new era' you mentioned in your first post?

The team's ownership, management, coaching and core roster are the same as they've been for the past few seasons. The only roster additions were draft picks (Valanciunas & Ross) and trade acquisitions (Lowry & Gay). I fail to see how some roster changes constitute a 'new era', as roster turnover is a natural part of life for all professional sports teams. The "Mighty Mouse era" or "Vinsanity era" or "Bosh era" are simply ways to remember certain periods of Raptors history with fondness and nostalgia, nothing more meaningful than that.

2. What does changing a uniform have to do with either a 'new era' or the actual results in the win/loss column?

New uniforms have more to do with marketing & merchandise sales than anything else. A new uniform won't change the skill/effort of the players on the roster. A new uniform won't change the strategy of management or the coaching staff. A new uniform won't improve the team's ability to attract free agent talent (not that they have the cap space for it). A new uniform won't improve the team's record or make them a playoff team.

I think this talk of 'new uniforms for a new era of Raptors basketball' is a result of drinking the Raptors PR koolaid and being brainwashed by Raptors marketing. I don't have any issues with hope, but talk of a 'new era' is just a little too corny for me.
                  Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Mar 20, 2013, 12:33 PM.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    I've been a passionate Raptors fan since Toronto was first awarded an NBA franchise and there are 2 questions I have about this thread (aside from the fact that it's the same thread that gets rehashed every few months):

1. What is this 'new era' you mentioned in your first post?

The team's ownership, management, coaching and core roster are the same as they've been for the past few seasons. The only roster additions were draft picks (Valanciunas & Ross) and trade acquisitions (Lowry & Gay). I fail to see how some roster changes constitute a 'new era', as roster turnover is a natural part of life for all professional sports teams. The "Mighty Mouse era" or "Vinsanity era" or "Bosh era" are simply ways to remember certain periods of Raptors history with fondness and nostalgia, nothing more meaningful than that.

2. What does changing a uniform have to do with either a 'new era' or the actual results in the win/loss column?

New uniforms have more to do with marketing & merchandise sales than anything else. A new uniform won't change the skill/effort of the players on the roster. A new uniform won't change the strategy of management or the coaching staff. A new uniform won't improve the team's ability to attract free agent talent (not that they have the cap space for it). A new uniform won't improve the team's record or make them a playoff team.

I think this talk of 'new uniforms for a new era of Raptors basketball' is a result of drinking the Raptors PR koolaid and being brainwashed by Raptors marketing. I don't have any issues with hope, but talk of a 'new era' is just a little too corny for me.
                    I have no idea what the creator of this thread had in mind with "new era", but it may refer to the change in atmosphere with the overdue arrival of a superstar, Rudy Gay. A new uniform may also attribute to this change in atmosphere.

However, I don't agree with any of this, I'm just trying to rationalize maybe what raptor fanatic had in mind. I voted no.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Perhaps we're referring to the Telfair era?

Comment

In a perfect world BC and Casey would get the ax, Bargs would get shipped out and we'd have some competent pieces in place. Then we could change the unis and have a clean slate.

That said they'll probably extent BC.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Regardless of personnel, it won't feel like a new era until this team is in the playoffs again.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Perhaps we're referring to the Telfair era?
                            So we're giving up on Lucas?

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                              In a perfect world BC and Casey would get the ax, Bargs would get shipped out and we'd have some competent pieces in place. Then we could change the unis and have a clean slate.

That said they'll probably extent BC.
                              The Raptors paradox: how can we clean house and acquire competent pieces with incompetent pieces currently in the front office?

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                So we're giving up on Lucas?
                                Lucas has value on the market maybe small but value none the less. Telfair has been playing over him and doing a reasonable job as the 3rd option guard. As for BC pretty sure he saved his job with the Rudy Gay deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X