Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors @Bobcats: Nothing else to play for but culture change and youth development.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post

I am so sick of listening to the hype and spin by blow hards like Matt and Leo. You really shouldn't get too hyped after a win and too down after a loss but this loss (and the one to Cleveland and Washington when playoffs were actually probable) are infuriating and show just how low of a ceiling the Raptors have as currently constructed and coached.
    As I have been cautioning, people are way, way too optimistic about this roster. JV, Derozan, Lowry and Gay all played pretty good last night (even Amir had his moments on an off night for him) and they still lost to the worst team in the NBA. It isn't just about adding a backup PG and 3pt shooter, the key players on this team don't fit together at a fundamental level.

With respect to Matt and Leo, I now just listen to music and watch the game. I'd ask, "who do they think they are fooling with this nonsense?' but then I come on Raps' websites and realize they are still fooling a lot of people.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I can't wait for Colangelo's end-of-season presser. Lucy's got some 'splaining to do....
      Colangelo, Year End Presser Summary:

- Everyone is disappointed in the results. Not what we thought they'd be.
      - Rough start put us in a hole. Trying to integrate rookies, tough schedule and injuries took their toll early.
      - Lost a lot of close games. Some bad calls. Couple of those go our way and things are different.
      - Played 500 after Gay trade. Gay and Lowry learning new system and each other. Will be better next year.
      - Gay is a star talent. Top 5 SF in NBA. Still recovering from shoulder injury. "Elite" player.
      - Derozan improved a lot. Took another step. Emerging as a top SG. Working out with Gary Payton who loves him. Happy with the extension. Did I mention Gary Payton?
      - JV had some growing pains but showed flashes of being a franchise type player. Very productive for young big coming from Europe. Takes bigs a long time to develop. So many teams praise the pick, want him in trades. Get calls all the time. Huge steal at #5.
      - Amir broke out. People questioned the contract but he's earned it. Now looks like a great deal.
      - Bargnani struggled with injuries. Never got on track. Still highly valued around the league and in Toronto. Still can be an important piece for us. Get calls all the time about Andrea.
      - Will be aggressive in off season. Always looking to improve the team. May use amnesty if opportunities arise. Like some players out there. Making calls everyday. Add complimentary pieces.
      - Happy with general progress of team. Building a balanced team. Focus on defense and team play. Look at Memphis and Indiana. Internal development. Need patience. Next year will be more competitive. Should be competing for playoff spot.

Comment

One minor observation from last night's game: Amir Johnson is the only player in the starting 5 that can make a proper entry pass into the post. That makes me sad.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
          One minor observation from last night's game: Amir Johnson is the only player in the starting 5 that can make a proper entry pass into the post. That makes me sad.
          I know, right? This is actually a little thing Bargs was good for. With his size and length, and the fact that his defender pretty much always backs off him on the perimeter, he was probably our best entry passer from the perimeter this season. Extra sad.

Comment

Colangelo, Year End Presser Summary:

- Everyone is disappointed in the results. Not what we thought they'd be.
            - Rough start put us in a hole. Trying to integrate rookies, tough schedule and injuries took their toll early.
            - Lost a lot of close games. Some bad calls. Couple of those go our way and things are different.
            - Played 500 after Gay trade. Gay and Lowry learning new system and each other. Will be better next year.
            - Gay is a star talent. Top 5 SF in NBA. Still recovering from shoulder injury. "Elite" player.
            - Derozan improved a lot. Took another step. Emerging as a top SG. Working out with Gary Payton who loves him. Happy with the extension. Did I mention Gary Payton?
            - JV had some growing pains but showed flashes of being a franchise type player. Very productive for young big coming from Europe. Takes bigs a long time to develop. So many teams praise the pick, want him in trades. Get calls all the time. Huge steal at #5.
            - Amir broke out. People questioned the contract but he's earned it. Now looks like a great deal.
            - Bargnani struggled with injuries. Never got on track. Still highly valued around the league and in Toronto. Still can be an important piece for us. Get calls all the time about Andrea.
            - Will be aggressive in off season. Always looking to improve the team. May use amnesty if opportunities arise. Like some players out there. Making calls everyday. Add complimentary pieces.
            - Happy with general progress of team. Building a balanced team. Focus on defense and team play. Look at Memphis and Indiana. Internal development. Need patience. Next year will be more competitive. Should be competing for playoff spot.
            Sold! Where can I buy season tickets?

Comment

Last night was terrifying ... showed me that we could be in for another rough year next year ...

-Rudy is looking like Alan Anderson, chucker edition.
              -Lowry ... gah ... you wonder why some players bounce around ... CONSISTENCY!
              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Can we please create and sign a petition to get Leo Rautins fired? The guy was praising Josh McRoberts like he was some sort of God, or the second coming of Michael Jordan...

#FIRELEO
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                  Can we please create and sign a petition to get Leo Rautins fired? The guy was praising Josh McRoberts like he was some sort of God, or the second coming of Michael Jordan...

#FIRELEO
                  It's funny, the way he was talking about him, I was actually thinking another key Bulls player, Toni Kukoc.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post

#FIRELEO
                    His mancrushes are extremely annoying and random. But I guess they need something to talk about when the team they're covering is shit

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                      His mancrushes are extremely annoying and random. But I guess they need something to talk about when the team they're covering is shit
                      I'd rather listen to Jack coach on and on about a certain play, rant at a certain call/play/player etc, because it's just more viable to listen. I just can't work trying to listen to Leo talk about his stupid fundamentals (repeated over and over again), his really disinterested voice, and the random love he has for the opposing players (especially ones he's faced in Europe)...

The amount of stuttering, wrong name calling, and generalization he has when describing, or trying to analyze a certain play or moving game is immeasurable. He's just sooooo fucking annoying. He's terrible.

The only thing I DON'T mind about him is (people are going to ask why) is Fast Break with Rod Black. To be honest, I don't know why, he just seems better analyzing something he knows ahead of time. There's so much more to being a colour commentator in an NBA game than knowledge. He doesn't have those intangibles.

If I had to choose one colour guy to sit with Matt Devlin, it's Steve Kerr.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Leo Rautins might as well commentate for the other team with the way he praises them. That guy is annoying as fuck

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                          Last night was terrifying ... showed me that we could be in for another rough year next year ...

Are we talking about the same game? Both Lowry and gay had good games.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post

Rudy Gay is averaging

Last 5 Games (played 4) .507 FG .333 3FG 6.5Rebs 3.3AST 0.8BLK 0.5STL 24.8Points
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

As I have been cautioning, people are way, way too optimistic about this roster. JV, Derozan, Lowry and Gay all played pretty good last night (even Amir had his moments on an off night for him) and they still lost to the worst team in the NBA. It isn't just about adding a backup PG and 3pt shooter, the key players on this team don't fit together at a fundamental level.

With respect to Matt and Leo, I now just listen to music and watch the game. I'd ask, "who do they think they are fooling with this nonsense?' but then I come on Raps' websites and realize they are still fooling a lot of people.
                              The problem is that every big three (if we can even call it that) has a distributor. Demar, for all of his improvements as a passer, will never be a true distributor, Lowry is a scoring pg, and Gay plays 2K without the x button. Look at the successful big threes of recent memory: Carter, Kidd, and Jefferson; Garnett, Pierce, Rondo; Westbrook, Harden, Durant; James, Wade, Bosh. See where I'm going with this? We need a pure passer for this to work.

Comment

Working...
                              X