Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors @Bobcats: Nothing else to play for but culture change and youth development.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Seriously....it feels like abuse to watch it happen over and over again.
    And Colangelo thinks Casey has done a great job this year. Shaking my head right now.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
      well actually rautins is right it was a foul but who cares now...
      It's more just that they never seem to execute cleanly out of timeouts. Ever.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
        Amir got hit and gets foul lol
        But also, yes, this is somewhat business as usual for the Raps at this point, isn't it?

Comment

Raptors lineup early in the 2nd killed this team. Amir, Pietrus, AA, Ross and Lucas. That's where Charlotte made their run.

WTF was that all about? what the hell is Dwane Casey thinking?
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

It's more just that they never seem to execute cleanly out of timeouts. Ever.
            They can't execute in crunch time, period. Its awful to watch, all freaking season

Comment

But also, yes, this is somewhat business as usual for the Raps at this point, isn't it?
              Well but this is exactly what you don't need to have, I mean raptors get to those situations where the foul isn't clear. It's just need to be fixed.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                Raptors lineup early in the 2nd killed this team. Amir, Pietrus, AA, Ross and Lucas. That's where Charlotte made their run.

WTF was that all about? what the hell is Dwane Casey thinking?
                It's just hard to tell with insanely inconsistent players. I don't think JL or AA scored at all during that time and missed every single 3. If they actual performed even remotely close to their career 3 pt makes in this game, we would have won.

I think overall it was like 5/22 3 point attempts made? SO many wasted possessions. Yeesh.
                Last edited by iblastoff; Wed Mar 20, 2013, 09:53 PM.

Comment

dissapointed to see ross play so little.

Comment

Sorry, but Casey is not an NBA head coach. With no expectations, a brutal roster, and taking a the worst defensive team to average last year, he got a lot of well deserved respect. Unfortunately with raised expectations, a better roster, and leading an average defensive team back to the bottom third, he is getting a lot of well deserved criticism.

The 4th worst ppg, 3rd worst OffRtg, 1st worst fg% lights up what is suppose to be a defense first squad for 107 points?
                    40 ft attempts?

Jesus tonight.

3 time outs in crucial situations, 3 turnovers. And you know I am sure players are partly to blame but look at the play they ran on that last one, check the spacing and where guys were going. WHAT THE FUCK!?!?! Clearly it was to go to Amir and back to Lowry for a 3 but they are trying to inbound a basketball in to a key hole with the passes due to shitty spacing as a result of a shitty play.

I have zero confidence in Casey as a head coach moving forward. None. The roster has improved yet the team is just 2 games ahead of last year's pace where they were knowingly and admittedly awful. Casey continues to coach to his beliefs/systems/plays rather than maximizing the talent on the roster.

F*ck I'm pissed.... end of rant.... thanks for reading.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                      dissapointed to see ross play so little.
                      Me too but he actually sucked really hard tonight. No way he deserved any burn based on his play.

Comment

Charlotte’s bench outscored the Raptors bench 54-13.

omg

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Sorry, but Casey is not an NBA head coach. With no expectations, a brutal roster, and taking a the worst defensive team to average last year, he got a lot of well deserved respect. Unfortunately with raised expectations, a better roster, and leading an average defensive team back to the bottom third, he is getting a lot of well deserved criticism.

The 4th worst ppg, 3rd worst OffRtg, 1st worst fg% lights up what is suppose to be a defense first squad for 107 points?
                          40 ft attempts?

Jesus tonight.

3 time outs in crucial situations, 3 turnovers. And you know I am sure players are partly to blame but look at the play they ran on that last one, check the spacing and where guys were going. WHAT THE FUCK!?!?! Clearly it was to go to Amir and back to Lowry for a 3 but they are trying to inbound a basketball in to a key hole with the passes due to shitty spacing as a result of a shitty play.

I have zero confidence in Casey as a head coach moving forward. None. The roster has improved yet the team is just 2 games ahead of last year's pace where they were knowingly and admittedly awful. Casey continues to coach to his beliefs/systems/plays rather than maximizing the talent on the roster.

F*ck I'm pissed.... end of rant.... thanks for reading.
                          Question is, do you think an established coach comes to this situation? I don't know if another assistant could cut it if a change is made in the summer.

Comment

Question is, do you think an established coach comes to this situation? I don't know if another assistant could cut it if a change is made in the summer.
                            Raptors haven't had an established coach since Lenny Wilkens. And Lenny imo was the successful coach in this team's history.

Think about it, Raps head coaches since Lenny was let go:

O'neill - rookie
                            Mitchell - rookie
                            Triano - rookie
                            Casey - 1 year experience

Brutal.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Matt and Leo piss me right off too.

"since going 4-19 to start, Raps are 22-22 (now 22-23). No question they are a .500 team and in the east that gets you in to the playoffs."

Ummmm, a few things:

1) Raps are now under .500 since 4-19 start because they lost for the 2nd time against the WORST team in the league.
                              2) .500 doesn't get you in to the playoffs in the east. .500 gets you tied for 8th with MIL who have won the season series with you.
                              3) Losing 2 games to the Bobcats (the worst team in the league) this season and barely beating them at home does not look like .500 ball to me.
                              4) a 9-25 road record does not scream .500 to me (8-11road record since 4-19overall/1-14road start).

I am so sick of listening to the hype and spin by blow hards like Matt and Leo. You really shouldn't get too hyped after a win and too down after a loss but this loss (and the one to Cleveland and Washington when playoffs were actually probable) are infuriating and show just how low of a ceiling the Raptors have as currently constructed and coached.

Comment

If Casey is replaced no question you bring in an established coach.

Would an established coach come to this situation? Ye$. Would any established coach come? No so no Jerry Sloan or PJax suggestions. But Adelman did go to Minnesota (and they paid royally to get him).

Comment

Working...
                                X