Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Raptors @Bobcats: Nothing else to play for but culture change and youth development.

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Last night was terrifying ... showed me that we could be in for another rough year next year ...

-Rudy is looking like Alan Anderson, chucker edition.
    -Lowry ... gah ... you wonder why some players bounce around ... CONSISTENCY!
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Post Thanks / Like

Can we please create and sign a petition to get Leo Rautins fired? The guy was praising Josh McRoberts like he was some sort of God, or the second coming of Michael Jordan...

#FIRELEO

3. Like white men can't jump liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Can we please create and sign a petition to get Leo Rautins fired? The guy was praising Josh McRoberts like he was some sort of God, or the second coming of Michael Jordan...

#FIRELEO
    It's funny, the way he was talking about him, I was actually thinking another key Bulls player, Toni Kukoc.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post

#FIRELEO
    His mancrushes are extremely annoying and random. But I guess they need something to talk about when the team they're covering is shit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    His mancrushes are extremely annoying and random. But I guess they need something to talk about when the team they're covering is shit
    I'd rather listen to Jack coach on and on about a certain play, rant at a certain call/play/player etc, because it's just more viable to listen. I just can't work trying to listen to Leo talk about his stupid fundamentals (repeated over and over again), his really disinterested voice, and the random love he has for the opposing players (especially ones he's faced in Europe)...

The amount of stuttering, wrong name calling, and generalization he has when describing, or trying to analyze a certain play or moving game is immeasurable. He's just sooooo fucking annoying. He's terrible.

The only thing I DON'T mind about him is (people are going to ask why) is Fast Break with Rod Black. To be honest, I don't know why, he just seems better analyzing something he knows ahead of time. There's so much more to being a colour commentator in an NBA game than knowledge. He doesn't have those intangibles.

If I had to choose one colour guy to sit with Matt Devlin, it's Steve Kerr.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Leo Rautins might as well commentate for the other team with the way he praises them. That guy is annoying as fuck

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Last night was terrifying ... showed me that we could be in for another rough year next year ...

Are we talking about the same game? Both Lowry and gay had good games.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post

Rudy Gay is averaging

Last 5 Games (played 4) .507 FG .333 3FG 6.5Rebs 3.3AST 0.8BLK 0.5STL 24.8Points

10. Like ReubenJRD liked this post

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    As I have been cautioning, people are way, way too optimistic about this roster. JV, Derozan, Lowry and Gay all played pretty good last night (even Amir had his moments on an off night for him) and they still lost to the worst team in the NBA. It isn't just about adding a backup PG and 3pt shooter, the key players on this team don't fit together at a fundamental level.

With respect to Matt and Leo, I now just listen to music and watch the game. I'd ask, "who do they think they are fooling with this nonsense?' but then I come on Raps' websites and realize they are still fooling a lot of people.
    The problem is that every big three (if we can even call it that) has a distributor. Demar, for all of his improvements as a passer, will never be a true distributor, Lowry is a scoring pg, and Gay plays 2K without the x button. Look at the successful big threes of recent memory: Carter, Kidd, and Jefferson; Garnett, Pierce, Rondo; Westbrook, Harden, Durant; James, Wade, Bosh. See where I'm going with this? We need a pure passer for this to work.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information