Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors @Bobcats: Nothing else to play for but culture change and youth development.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final rant of night: Gay.

I am now understanding the frustrations with him.... and I am not talking offense. His defense is brutally inconsistent. I hope it is because of his back.... but somehow I don't think it is.

Lastly, Raps deserved to lose this game. Awful team effort.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      Raptors haven't had an established coach since Lenny Wilkens. And Lenny imo was the successful coach in this team's history.

Think about it, Raps head coaches since Lenny was let go:

O'neill - rookie
      Mitchell - rookie
      Triano - rookie
      Casey - 1 year experience

Brutal.
      I hated Lenny. He didn't really coach. He was well over a generation behind on the game by the time he was coaching the Raptors.

But yes, they have not had an "established" coach since him. If they do hire another one, it has to be for competence. They needed to hire someone like Lenny, a respected name in the NBA, since they were such a young franchise with a young star that just had a messy (and stupid) situation blow up with their previous coach.

I don't know who they could hire. The names I like are Sloan and SVG, but those guys could probably also basically handpick their situation. Not a big JVG fan, as his teams were so boring to watch. Not a big Mike Brown fan, either, since he could be an option...

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        I hated Lenny. He didn't really coach. He was well over a generation behind on the game by the time he was coaching the Raptors.

But yes, they have not had an "established" coach since him. If they do hire another one, it has to be for competence. They needed to hire someone like Lenny, a respected name in the NBA, since they were such a young franchise with a young star that just had a messy (and stupid) situation blow up with their previous coach.

I don't know who they could hire. The names I like are Sloan and SVG, but those guys could probably also basically handpick their situation. Not a big JVG fan, as his teams were so boring to watch. Not a big Mike Brown fan, either, since he could be an option...
        I really like the idea of SVG. Not sure he is actually an option as he can most likely pick any team in search of a coach. He is a damn good coach though and Toronto would be extremely luck to have him.

Comment

Nate McMillan. But if the Kings move to Seattle next year it's pretty obvious he'll be coaching that team.

My 2 choices if the Raps hire another one would be either Jeff or Stan Van Gundy.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Casey won't be fired unless the team start the season like they did this year. He won't be given 23 games. More like 15 games.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              I really like the idea of SVG. Not sure he is actually an option as he can most likely pick any team in search of a coach. He is a damn good coach though and Toronto would be extremely luck to have him.
              Heck, if they're serious about winning, and being willing to spend, they'd at least have to ask about him. SVG would be choice #1 in terms of there at least being some remote possibility.

Also, I don't like McMillan either. He's too tough and really benefitted from drafting a young "vet" with Roy. I don't think anybody liked playing for him. It really didn't take long for him to lose the team after Roy got injured. Guys have to like playing for the coach.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Matt and Leo piss me right off too.

"since going 4-19 to start, Raps are 22-22 (now 22-23). No question they are a .500 team and in the east that gets you in to the playoffs."

Ummmm, a few things:

1) Raps are now under .500 since 4-19 start because they lost for the 2nd time against the WORST team in the league.
                2) .500 doesn't get you in to the playoffs in the east. .500 gets you tied for 8th with MIL who have won the season series with you.
                3) Losing 2 games to the Bobcats (the worst team in the league) this season and barely beating them at home does not look like .500 ball to me.
                4) a 9-25 road record does not scream .500 to me (8-11road record since 4-19overall/1-14road start).

I am so sick of listening to the hype and spin by blow hards like Matt and Leo. You really shouldn't get too hyped after a win and too down after a loss but this loss (and the one to Cleveland and Washington when playoffs were actually probable) are infuriating and show just how low of a ceiling the Raptors have as currently constructed and coached.
                How embarrassing will it be if/when the wizards actually pass the raptors in the standings (who actually beat the heat twice this season)

Comment

John Wall btw was named the EC Player of the week. Wizards are 18-14 with him in the lineup.

I'm just saying....
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

izards are better than they look on paper thats for sure, I just cant believe the bench play is so goddam awful for us year round all of our starters tonight put up double figures.... Ross the rookie was the leading bench scorer with 4 points. Just disgusting. I have no confidence in my team when The starters sit.

Comment

This is a legit standing lineup!
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I can't wait for Colangelo's end-of-season presser. Lucy's got some 'splaining to do....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          I can't wait for Colangelo's end-of-season presser. Lucy's got some 'splaining to do....
                          It'll be the same BS he always spews.. bad start, blame Bargnani, throw Casey under the bus, got Gay and were playing .500 with him. Need to improve as a team but chemistry will be good coming into next season, blah, blah...

Comment

Usually I go to bed and get up indifferent.

I'm still, I wouldn't say pissed, but something close to it..... irritated... yeah, irritated.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              It'll be the same BS he always spews.. bad start, blame Bargnani, throw Casey under the bus, got Gay and were playing .500 with him. Need to improve as a team but chemistry will be good coming into next season, blah, blah...
                              Exactly. Don't forget we also had 2 rookies. They'll develop into superstars, according to him.
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                                ebrian wrote: View Post
                                Exactly. Don't forget we also had 2 rookies. They'll develop into superstars, according to him.
                                I wonder what he'll say on the much ballyhooed cap flexibility he bragged about over the past 2 years.....

Comment

Working...
                                X