Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sam Mitchell

Raptors Republic Rookie robert parrish 00's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mitchell - coach of the year
    Jose- free throw record
    Kapono - 3 pt champion
    Ross- slam dunk champion

We are Raptors fans-it's the small victories outside of actual wins that matter.

I'd be fine if they brought back Smitch, Kapono, and Jose....
    Ahhh memories

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Not sure I understand the idea that Butch Carter had a stacked roster. He basically had an up-and-coming Carter, and spare parts.
    he had VC,TMac,ADavis,Oakley,Willis,Muggsy,Alvin Williams,dee brown,Christie,Dell Curry, that's hardly VC and spare parts!

3. Like Rapstor4Life, thead liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

@Thead : Neither do I. Triano may not be a disciplinarian like casey, popovich, larry brown, but he knows his x's and o's. he has a much better offense than casey, and ball always moves(doesn't always rely on iso, whether it's carter, bosh, mike james, tj ford, bargs, derozan, gay, lowry, allan friggin andersen, john lucas). And we almost made it to the playoffs, and were actually a middle seed in the east before rupaul quit and shut himself down after the all-star weekend to go to southbeach (also with lebron screwing with us, played in a game vs raps = raps lost; DNP vs bulls = bulls won --> bulls got the 8th seed by 1 game).
    Last edited by 2KJ; Fri Mar 22nd, 2013 at 01:55 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    he had VC,TMac,ADavis,Oakley,Willis,Muggsy,Alvin Williams,dee brown,Christie,Dell Curry, that's hardly VC and spare parts!
    TMac and Christie were role players. Davis was a backup 1 year prior. Oakley was a grizzled vet well past his prime (even moreso for Willis). Alvin Williams barely saw the floor. Dee Brown was as "good" as John Lucas, and Curry was a one-dimensional shooter.

Like I said, Carter plus spare parts. Butch deserves credit for taking this group to the playoffs.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 2KJ wrote: View Post
    @Thead : Neither do I. Triano may not be a disciplinarian like casey, popovich, larry brown, but he knows his x's and o's. he has a much better offense than casey, and ball always moves(doesn't always rely on iso, whether it's carter, bosh, mike james, tj ford, bargs, derozan, gay, lowry, allan friggin andersen, john lucas). And we almost made it to the playoffs, and were actually a middle seed in the east before rupaul quit and shut himself down after the all-star weekend to go to southbeach (also with lebron screwing with us, played in a game vs raps = raps lost; DNP vs bulls = bulls won --> bulls got the 8th seed by 1 game).

I hate to rain on your parade, but I think thead's remark was sarcastic, because Triano wins by default.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon